Introducing me

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Amanda Stracey
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Introducing me

Post by Amanda Stracey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi Teresa

I just wanted to continue or open up the discussion a bit on law of attraction events involving our children and how that relates to us as parents or in a parental role. I don't want to put you off reading the book on bullies or sharing that with your daughter, but I continue to experience events where my children are attracting unpleasant and damaging events even though I feel currently I'm not necessarily attracting those events myself (that maybe subject to change as I become a bit more truthful and sensitive) . One thing I've attempted to do is to view or accept that the events are totally or partially (depending on the age of the child) dependent upon my own issues with and around men. So where that would differ would be examining the event emotionally myself for myself and with my own history and not expecting my child to be able to handle it or solve the issue if they are carrying what I've passed on to them. When I change, they can change. I'm not claiming that I've resolved much, but I have had some recent events that have repeated so that I cannot fail to notice what the attractions are even if I am still a bit blind to what attracts that to me. I've found recently re listening to the Law of Attraction talks has been helping me see a bit more clearly and of course the fact that is happening to someone I feel I would like to love and protect dearly is the best motivator. I'm sure I've heard this before - if we won't change for our kids who will we change for! I'm sorry that I can't be any clearer or more specific but I feel the real point I am trying to make for you and myself is that the best thing we can do is to accept we are part of the creation of the event (and experience any resistance and rebellion to that) and get to a position where we want to experience whatever in our souls and past is creating more pain now.

Amanda

Mary
DT Teacher

Post by Mary » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:52 am

Hi Amanda & Teresa,

I would love to add to this conversation however I'd feel more comfortable doing that in the Law of Attraction section. I'll try to tune in and add my comments if you decide to shift over there.

Teresa - I thought to offer you the opportunity to reflect on why you didn't post your reflections re your attractions over there to start with? There is an emotional reason behind your decision to post here.

Love,
Mary

Teresa French
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Teresa French » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:18 pm

Hi Mary,

I have copied the post relating to my reflection on my attraction event and the responses to that post to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=285

I think I have realised my error in that I posted it in this intro thread because I wanted the attention - I agree with your comments in your strike post (one of which I actually came to the conclusion of myself on reflection before I saw your post, which I was grateful for - that I could see part of what I was doing). I did have one question as something wasn't clear, which I have posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=286

Thank you for taking the time to show me what I was doing.
Teresa