Praying for God's love to others

It all starts with this
Anita
Community Member

Praying for God's love to others

Post by Anita » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:32 am

I keep forgetting this one. It is easier for me to pray for God's Love to enter someone else than to ask for myself.

It says a lot in the Padgett messages, his spirit friends urges Mr Padgett to pray for them. So i experimented, and wow, I got God's love too!! I've done this a couple of times.

One time I was in a state of gratitude and prayed for God's love to Jesus And Mary and I also got Love from God. An another time I was in a repentant state and prayed for God's love to a child that I have aborted, then I got Love too.

I feel this is really wonderful!
Anita Tännström

Anneli
Muted

Re: Praying for God's love to others

Post by Anneli » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:48 am

Hi Anita! Love seeing you again :)

I remember one time when I was about 14 or so, and I just started recognizing everything I was grateful for in my life. That was a neverending list in itself, I noticed, but I also believe I received love from God while I felt all that gratitude. That was my first time ever, I think! :D

But I need to ask you something that came up as I read your post now; how does it work when we pray for others like this, with regards to free will and what actually happens when we long for them to receive God's love? Is it something "close enough" that happens, since I feel that we can't really make it happen for others, even if we want them to receive all that love from God?

I definitely believe that it's a great place to be, to long for others to be loved by God and to receive God's love, to actually receive it for ourselves while doing so, but what happens to the people we pray for, then?

Again, really glad to see you here, and I've had my first week "off" at home where the rest of the family has been away to school and work again = everything is back to normal - so I have a lot of possibilities to focus on my own work (inner and outer) again :))

Kram på dig! ("Hugs for you")

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Anneli,
I see now that my post can come around as quite selfish. Like pray for someone and you'll receive.
But it feels quite natural if I have harmed someone to pray for God's Love for them.

I feel when I pray for God's Love for someone else, that Gud's Love can only enter them if they themselves ask for it.
And I leave it like that.

Good to see you too Anneli! And Hugs to you.
Anita Tännström

TristanM
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by TristanM » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:17 am

Anneli Wrote:
But I need to ask you something that came up as I read your post now; how does it work when we pray for others like this, with regards to free will and what actually happens when we long for them to receive God's love? Is it something "close enough" that happens, since I feel that we can't really make it happen for others, even if we want them to receive all that love from God?
Praying for God's love for others can be a loving thing. It all depends on the emotion we give with the request.

For instance if our desire isn't to see our loved ones forced to accept what we accept the feeling, then praying someone receives love is a great idea. The love coming from yourself can open up another to help from loving spirits and god that may not have happened otherwise. It give an opportunity for a loved one to accept god's love which is never a problem with laws of free will.

However demanding someone accepts love (usually this is for an ulterior motive) is never going to be an loving act.

In my worst times, someone wishing love for me feels overwhelming. It has opened me to real emotion and then real love, whereas I might have stayed shut down longer.
Anita M wrote:
But it feels quite natural if I have harmed someone to pray for God's Love for them.
I find I have to be particularly careful with how I treat situations with those I have hurt.
Praying for god to love someone we have hurt, so that we don't have to feel the causal reasons why we have harmed another is a trap we can fall in.

Sure it can also be a pure desire, but I always ask myself if I am trying to do it as a form of apology that does not include me actually fully dealing with why I did it in the first place. I know that god would always care if I held onto said causal while asking him to heal an effect of my behavior.

Tristan

Anneli
Muted

Post by Anneli » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:49 am

Thank you Tristan and Anita for your answers, they are both very helpful to me in understanding this part of love.

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:55 pm

I appreciate your comment Tristan.
Thanks!
Anita Tännström

Rita
Community Member

Post by Rita » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:47 pm

I appreciate it too, Tristan.
Had some insights regarding a specific damage I have done to my eldest daughter.

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:42 am

Here Jesus answers a question about praying for God's Love to others, at 36,10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7QeZEf ... e=youtu.be

from this talk:
20081018 Relationship With God - Being Truthful With Yourself P1

"When we pray for another person the key is to direct our longings for God to help the person in any way possible to open their heart to God's Love entering them...."

Anita
Anita Tännström

Denise
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Denise » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:44 am

Thank you Tristan for your post. Denise

Alejandro CL
Community Member

Post by Alejandro CL » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:20 am

Thanks for this information Anita and Tristan. I had no idea that this was even possible and I really liked your comments :D .

By the way Anita, I found great that you add a link to the talk from AJ on youtube.
I believe that this is the second time I read you doing it and it made me think: OMG! how does she know exactly witch talk to look for? she must have a great memory! :shock:
Anita M wrote:Here Jesus answers a question about praying for God's Love to others, at 36,10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7QeZEf ... e=youtu.be

from this talk:
20081018 Relationship With God - Being Truthful With Yourself P1

"When we pray for another person the key is to direct our longings for God to help the person in any way possible to open their heart to God's Love entering them...."

Anita
"The truth will set you free"