It would be nice if we could edit our posts

Offer feedback on the site - any suggestions are welcomed
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pam
Banned

It would be nice if we could edit our posts

Post by Pam » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:36 am

Sometimes I make spelling and grammar mistakes and it would be nice to be able to edit and fix mistakes.

Anneli
Muted

Re: It would be nice if we could edit our posts

Post by Anneli » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:17 am

Hi Pam,

I looked around for that too when I first got here, but then I learned that there's a good reason for not having that function available to us - if someone acts unlovingly, even to the point of receiving a strike and getting banned, it's a good chance for the rest of us to see what was being said in an unloving manner and see what we can connect with from there. It also helps keeping the case clear if the person receving the strike feels that he or she wants to go back and edit their post afterwards, to make it look better than it originally was, for instance.

Cheers,
Anneli

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: It would be nice if we could edit our posts

Post by Nicky » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi

I have now created a specific topic within the "Announcements" forum category to shed more light on this area if you'd like to understand more:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195

Due to the creation of this new topic, this thread has now been locked.

Thanks

Nicky

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable