Taking them out, one by one :) Sugar, anyone?

Everybody's favourite topic
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Anneli
Muted

Taking them out, one by one :) Sugar, anyone?

Post by Anneli » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:18 am

It feels as if I've begun peeling off quite a number of addictions in these last few months. When encountering the Divine Truth videos from Yeshua and Miriam last November, I ate meat from mammals, birds and fish, cow milk products and chicken eggs. Now I'm just eating plant based food, because all the animal based stuff does not feel good to eat any more. I particularly remember how I felt through an emotion of being used and humiliated, and when I went for a glass of milk after that, I just wouldn't drink it - before releasing that emotion, I couldn't really relate emotionally to how the cows are literally used and humiliated so that we can get their milk!
I do still have a lot of grief to feel about the harm I've done to other life by eating all that meat etc though.
Also, white wheat-baked products are off my shelves, they are only about filling my belly and I don't want them anymore, I feel. Although there's still some related emotions to feel through, but I'm not willing to suppress them with that white flour anymore (eating it hurts my intestines, and I really want that energy to work through emotions instead!).

I no longer knit and crochet like crazy, because I realized it was all about doing something a) to feel productive, i.e. worthy (there's a couple of workaholics whom I inherited/picked that up from, I think) and b) to do something that would get my mom's positive attention and attract her interest for me and what I'm doing, in reality preventing me from realizing she didn't have enough love for me to be personally interested in me anyway. No more of that now, thanks to some emotional releases and God's help. I still knit and crochet, but now it's more of a joy thing for me, rather than something I'd basically be obsessing about.

And, now I'm working on my addiction to refined sugar, which I still use as a "pick me up and keep me going" from time to time, rather than just eating fresh, fructose-rich fruit and berries. But I'm so going there! Has anyone found that they released their need for refined sugar/carbohydrates, and what did you find that the emotion/s behind it was all about? Really curious to know, because this one is a biggie for me, it has been there for as long as I can remember!

Pam
Banned

Re: Taking them out, one by one :) Sugar, anyone?

Post by Pam » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:47 am

I know I need to work on limiting some unhealthy foods from my diet. i am pre diabetic. I weigh way too much for my height and it is causing me health problems. i have high blood pressure and some arthritis.

I was at church a few months ago and I received prayer for healing and this lady said she had a word from the Lord that I need to discipline my self and cut out some unheatlhy food from my diet if I wanted to be healed. She mentioned that wheat is bad for you and it causes arthritis pain.

I have been working on eating more vegetables and fruits and less meat. I still love milk, ice cream and cheese and yogurt. Growing up in school they always taught the four food groups and how milk is really good for you.

Then I hear that milk isn't that good for you. And that God made cow's milk for baby cows not humans and that cow's milk can cause problems and that a lot of adults can not handle lactose.

Did you know that scientist are working on putting human DNA in cows to make their milk more like human milk? They want to do this so that all babies can benefit from human milk and do away with formula. And also adults and children who have trouble drinking milk could drink the new cow's milk which would be more like human milk. They say it will be years before these cows are born into the world.

Anneli
Muted

Post by Anneli » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:23 am

Hi Pam,

May I ask if you are aware of the connection between unfelt emotions in our soul, and how they affect both our body, as well as our desire to eat unhealthy stuff? I think that if you learn more about that, and perhaps try it out by releasing some childhood grief or anger for example, this would lead you to understand what you can do to heal yourself in a much more profound way.

Here's a good video where Yeshua talks about this connection:

20121005 Interview With Jesus - Soul Causes Of Physical Illness
https://youtu.be/-O0jpgcu6wE

LauraR
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by LauraR » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:13 am

Hello Anneli,
I had a very drastic change of diet last December after listening to Jesus discuss all the damage eating meat causes - to people, the planet, the animals. I thought I would just be vegetarian, but after watching several documentaries went almost raw vegan - I would eat a cooked meal maybe once or twice a week. I have recently started eating fish, eggs and butter - I eat those because I am concerned that I am not getting enough healthy fats in my diet (fear based emotion)
I was surprised how easily I was able to give up most sugar and refined foods - I eat mostly salads, fruit, vegan protein drinks. I don't eat near as much a I used to. I will occasionally eat a piece of bread if out at a restaurant or friends house, but no longer purchase bread or have it in my house. When I realized how unhealthy it is - I stopped eating it. And I was a carbohydrate junky - I could eat spaghetti and fettuccine every day of the week (with the accompanying cheese or garlic bread). I felt a lot of anger at the whole food industry and how we are being manipulated and basically drugged by processed foods - which almost all of them contain sugar. I also felt a lot of grief about what I was doing to myself and what I taught my daughter.
When I do get a sweet tooth I turn to the raw foods - dates, agave and I am also growing my own stevia plant. Raw vegan chocolate is amazing on a piece of fruit or raw vegan cheesecake. I think wanting the sweets is still an addiction, but I feel better that I am making healthier choices (and i ask myself sometimes - is eating itself an addiction?)
I do think we have emotions to work through but learning more about the physical requirements of the body has helped me. I started researching ketogenic diets - not super easy to do when vegetarian but it can be done. The problem when trying to switch over to a healthier diet, getting rid of sugars is that your body has been used to using sugar as a fuel instead of healthy fats as a fuel. It can take a couple weeks for the body to switch over to burning the fats for fuel - but is far better for the body - but you will have sugar/refined carbohydrate cravings until that switch occurs. When it does, the cravings are sometimes non existent - more emotional at that point than physical. The body is so used to using sugar as a fuel it will crave those foods. Also if you are eating a lot of refined carbohydrates you probably have candida - and those little yeasty buggars will make you crave sugar as well. It's best to stop sugars/refined carbohydrates all at once. If you eat just a little - it keeps the physical addiction going. Once the physical addiction is manageable - you will have to process through the emotional one.
Sugar does alter the brain chemistry and I have found that since I have given it up I feel much better and am clearer in my mind. My spiritual growth has taken off since the change of diet. I do take supplements and trace minerals - they get the electrical energy flowing in the body.
I would say that most of the change is soul based but at times will power is still needed.

Thank you for asking the question because in writing my response I can feel I still have unresolved emotions regarding food. Time to talk to God :)

Hope this helped,

Laura

Teresa French
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Teresa French » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:42 am

Laura, this is awesome and perfect timing for me :)
Thank you
Teresa

LauraR
Community Member

Post by LauraR » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:25 pm

You are welcome Teresa :)
I would like to add to my previous post. I'm not sure if this is the way Jesus would teach us to process our emotions and I mean absolutely no disrespect if I am saying anything out of line with his teachings. However before I had heard of AJ or the Divine Love Path, I was able to quit smoking in the same way - reducing the physical addiction first. (Although I was praying to "universe" - I sometimes used the word God - but not God as I understand Him now.
Anyway, I new what the dangers of smoking were and I was able to get myself down to 5 or 6 cigarettes a day - some days none at all - I could even quit for a week or two, but it was mostly by willpower. Although I did begin to feel love for myself and my daughter - understanding I was commiting a slow suicide - emotional awareness was coming to me.
So my physical addiction was almost non-existent. I knew what remained was entirely an emotional addiction. With every drag of a cigarette I felt many different emotions - from relief to disgust at myself. I did talk to God - even though my understanding of God was flawed, my desire was real. I asked for help.
One day I just saw myself sucking on a pacifier - every cigarette was me trying to sooth myself. It was a real eye opener. I then realized that if I believed in God and I was looking to God for help in my life - why did I need a pacifier. To put it bluntly - for me I needed to put my money where my mouth was (funny selection of words). Like do I believe in God and his desire to help me? Do I want to be a child sucking on a pacifier all my life? It was brutal, but effective - a lot of emotion of sorrow for what I had been doing to myself. And worst of all my daughter became a smoker as well - so very sad about that.
I am able to see the same types of addictions with food now - although I am not perfect by any means. But just recently - last couple of weeks - I can really connect the dots - I can see the value in prayer. In asking for help and I will start doing it right away now instead of doing what I can on my own and then asking for help from God. I believe this is a "leftover" of my confusion of mixing up natural love and Divine Love.
I am also very happy to say that very soon after I quit smoking, my daughter did as well. I didnt realize it until just now, but because I resolved my emotions regarding smoking - they left my daughter - although she did have emotions of her own to process. My dad smoked too - so maybe a generational injury has been healed. I sure hope so. Thank you Jesus!

Love to all!

Laura

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi,

My wheat and sugar addiction has disappeared along the way and I'm not sure how or why. But I'm happy though! The two worst physical addictions I have had is chocolate and smoking.

I recently realized that the last years of both these addictions I was using them as self punishment. I stopped smoking years ago, the last years of smoking I had emergency tobacco at home and only brought it out when I was really angry (enraged) and just had to smoke. I have always enjoyed my smoking and I think that made it easier to quit, I took my time with my smoke always alone at home, and did not walk out or about with a fag in my hand. That made it easier I think, I was always conscious of when I smoked and enjoyed it. I had a desire to quit and I quit many times, and oh, how wonderful it was to get back on them again. But every time I quit my body got a rest from the smoke and finally I felt so bad after smoking that I could just not do it anymore.

Chocolate was a bit different and a lot harder to quit, probably because I had used it since childhood at least ten years longer than the fags, but I still used it to punish myself. The last 10 years of eating chocolate I have felt bad after, bodywise, depressed, angry, moodswings etc. I used my willpower to stay away from it, but I never succeeded more than 2-4 weeks. Until 3 weeks ago, when I felt a desire to know more of myself. To feel more of myself and I can't do that when I'm on chocolate. And now when I have this desire to feel and know myself more, I can't have coffe either.
Anita
Anita Tännström

Anneli
Muted

Post by Anneli » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi Anita and Laura,

Thanks for sharing all of this about your experiences and what you've learned and noticed about these addictions. I could add that right now I'm allowing myself to eat that pasta and the bread, because it feels so bad doing it that I can hardly retain my grief as I'm eating.

I feel more and more though, that turning directly to God, just as I am in all my messy-ness, and asking for His and Her love, with all the fear I have about it, is the straightest and most direct and illuminating way to change anything at all in any way whatsoever right now. It feels as if all my resistance in all of my soul, comes down to not wanting to receive God's love because that will make my old, hidden emotions come up to the surface.
It's like trying to find a desire to dig with your bare hands through a garbage can with rotten, smelly things in it, after you've finally managed to put a lid on it and placed yourself sitting on top of it, proudly smiling about how "there's nothing to see here, move on please"... But now, when I'm told that there's a big shiny diamond in the bottom of that smelly trash can, I just know that I need to go down in that garbage bin, over and over again until it's all empty and shining like a diamond itself.

So I notice, basically all the time, that if I'm not turning to God to receive God's love, I'm avoiding it like crazy with all kinds of things (and I'm not doing almost anything over here during the days, so the few things I do do, they are right in my face and very obvious that they are only done to help me avoid my emotional garbage). And that's as simple as it gets for me right now, and I have a great desire to keep it at that level for myself these days.

I appreciate knowing and seeing that we are quite a number of "God's little ones" here on Earth now who are doing our best to follow our heart and start learning to listen to God's heart as well. It's definitely increasing my faith in both myself and others steadily!

Love,
Anneli

Gabee
Muted

Post by Gabee » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:23 am

Hi,
reading your posts below regarding the addiction to white carbs, meat .......

I too, I'm encouraging myself to become more and more vegan till I'm just eating raw vegan. Meat I gave up years ago, though every 2 months I will have this urge to eat meat especially if I've achieved a goal...also I have observed the righteous attitude and have the emotion of arrogance to eat the meat like fish and chips and fish fingers.

Started to notice to there is a feeling few times that vegan is to fresh, too good and vitality so I'm not that so I don't deserve it and its too time consuming to cut up the salad, dress it and then I still wont feel full and then it swings to the opposite yes! this is amazing colours, healthy, sooo good and fresh!

What can I do to move forward and process this addiction...well ...support and inspiration I've checked out my Courtney Pooles website on 'juicefasting and feasting' it sounds cool cause it shifts your mental paradigm and emotional state to raw abundance and natural raw food...and this amazing process called 'autolyses' which after period of 3 days the body automatically begins to produce enzymes kill diseased, damaged and aged cells - love that! God and Goddess created my perfect body...though I'm hurting my body by eating white carbs and fish and coffee.

Faith this will pass, I will not attack, blame myself tomorrow is a new day I will not give up.

Self awareness - sifting through emotional justification and addiction, to my causal emotion...its more comfortable to eat what I'm currently eating, ...how else can I be comforted? Does divine love and truth comfort me? do I feel this?

Gabeexx

LizziM
Community Member

Post by LizziM » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:33 am

Thank you for sharing your experiences, I find them helpful! I especially like what you said, Anita, about getting to know yourself. That is one that I recently had a big cry about and now this practice with food will be a good way to put it into action! :)

Liz