Global Mods Issuing Warnings/Amber Strikes

Discuss a variety of admin and moderator only issues
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nicky
Site Admin

Global Mods Issuing Warnings/Amber Strikes

Post by Nicky » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:04 am

Hi guys

Just been speaking with Eloisa privately and she raised the idea of whether I feel it would be a good idea if moderators can issue warnings/strikes too as up until now, only Mary and myself have had this access.

In response to Eloisa's query, I felt that it was a great idea in the sense that I could not see any downsides to this function being open to you guys and really, I could only see benefits.

A number of these benefits include:

- Helping maintain the condition of love on the forum, particularly as more people register (already coming up to 200 registered members) and as the forum receives more traffic (more threads, more posts etc).

- Can counteract time zone issues (as you guys literally having the opposite day and nights as myself in England) so if you see any issues in love present on the forum during your visit, you have the capacity to respond without waiting around for me.

- You will be clearer on some issues of love on the forum then I am (and vise versa) therefore providing us all with an opportunity to learn from one another

- It gives you guys a chance to confront some fears that you may have that could well be exposed if you choose to strike somebody that you wouldn't have necessarily been exposed to had these functions not have been made available to you previously (fear of getting it "wrong", fear of retaliation from those you strike etc).

I'll be honest....there are a number of personal benefits that I would receive as well as a result (freeing a bit of my own time for my personal emotional work, more time looking after the techie areas of the site, following other desires e.g. video recording with Perry etc) which would be really cool and also because I am confident you guys are capable of taking on this added role.

At the moment, I'm currently thinking of giving you guys access to the forum functions that allow for amber strikes (as this does not require admin access) to see how you get on. When issuing Red strikes, admin access must be required in order to either BAN the account of that person or mute them and that would require some time of me setting all this up as well as showing you how to do this, which I feel is not necessary at the moment - mainly because the site traffic doesn't require this yet, but also to give you guys some time to familiarise yourselves with the process of issuing amber strikes.

In the early days of the forum, I felt it would be really cool if any moderators that I brought on board would like to get involved in this kind of stuff as I have personally experienced how beneficial this area has been in my own growth. It's also really great because it massively improves the experience of other forum members and guests who visit the site and allows us as a team to keep on top of things as traffic increases. I was kinda just going off desire and waiting to see if anybody had a desire to maybe get involved with this stuff too. Now that Eloisa has expressed an interest, I felt it was a great opportunity to run this by you guys (Lena mainly as myself and Mary can already do this stuff and I've already had a discussion with Eloisa about it) to see what you think.

Of course, as I am the creator of the forum, the responsibility of what goes on rests on my shoulders from God's perspective and due to the conditions surrounding the giving of gifts, I am totally cool if you guys don't fancy it yet....I am happy to keep it as it was before if this is the case (me having pretty much all responsibility for issuing strikes as Mary has kinda left me to it for my own growth I believe!)

One final thing that I'd like to add, just because you guys would have the option of issuing your own amber strikes, it doesn't mean you can't ask questions about potential issues of love on the forum that you still aren't sure about here in the meeting room (as you have been doing already) before issuing such a strike. There have been many occasions where I wasn't too sure about things (after taking my own time to reflect and feel) and I asked Mary if it was OK to get her feelings on such matters (Thanks so much Mary!) before issuing strikes so I feel this is just a normal part of the learning process, and if anyone wants to offer you help, which I definitely would like to do, then I feel this is totally fine.

Cheers!
Nicky

Eloisa
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Global Mods Issuing Warnings/Amber Strikes

Post by Eloisa » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:54 am

Hi guys

Thanks Nicky,

I like this idea and sounds good doing amber strikes to begin with.
I like being able to discuss stuff I am unsure about also and will certainty do so.

I feel there will be lots to feel about personally for me and a great opportunity to stretch!

Thanks!

Eloisa

Lena
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lena » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:26 am

Hi Nicky,

thanks for the offer. Amber striking sounds like a great way to learn and get experience with.

I have been just taking it easy lately, and feeling about my stuff.
But I can see the opportunities just keep on coming, just when ever i feel like I am not ready God, but it is starting to look like I can always be ready if my will is engaged to allow the stretching.

Looking forward to new learning!

Thanks Nicky

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi guys

Awesome! I have now re-configured your privileges so that you can:

a) Create threads in the "Strikes" section of the forum
b) Issue board warnings to people (explained below)

If you guys take a look around the site now, you will see that when you are reading a person's post, there is now a triangle icon in the top right corner of their post box (near the editing pencil icon, exclamation mark etc). This triangle icon serves as the warning function.

What I tend to do is firstly create the amber strike thread (write it up in detail, post it in the "strikes" section) and then issue the board warning following this due to a number of reasons.

This is because when you click the warning (triangle) icon on the post where you felt there was an issue of love present, a comment box pops up where you can leave a comment to the person you have issued the strike to.

I tend to always keep the box checked which says "notify user of warning" so when that person next logs into the forum, a pop up box pops up on their screen which clearly notifies them of the strike. What I also do is write a little comment informing them that I have issued them with an amber strike and a link to the strike thread that they can follow to read the thread.

The last step of the process is to edit "The Strike List" thread in the "Strikes" section and add that person's username under the amber strikes part of the thread. All there is to do here is briefly summarise the unloving behaviour which was exhibited using the template of the preceding examples.

Any questions, feel free to ask guys

Cheers
Nicky

Mary
DT Teacher

Post by Mary » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:00 pm

laugh

Guys, I was writing a post to you all to suggest this before I went to bed... I've just gotten up and you already have it all sorted!

Love that.

M xo

Eloisa
Community Member

Post by Eloisa » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:46 pm

Thanks Nicky for the suggestions and clearly explained instructions!
Most appreciated.

Love E

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:02 am

Mary wrote:laugh

Guys, I was writing a post to you all to suggest this before I went to bed... I've just gotten up and you already have it all sorted!

Love that.

M xo
Mary you gotta be quicker! ha ha

Really though, that is pretty cool I reckon....our guides must be pretty switched on to all of this.

And no probs Eloisa, glad you found them clear.

Nicky