Astrology

Any Divine Truth related question relating to the teachings of Jesus & Mary
Benjamingp
Community Member

Astrology

Post by Benjamingp » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:45 pm

I´m curious if there is any kind of "prediction guide" in our lives like astrology could be. "Astrologians" (i´m sorry for my english, i´m not a native speaker) say that astrology is very symbolic, and are only possibilities, but in a way accurate.

So is there any experiences or knowledge about this?

What stands for it:
It would make sense that it is like "every truth is everywhere retrievable".
Our emotional injuries do affect our future too, so that it becomes predictable.

Why it may not be the case:
It may be in conflict with free will, because we could not decide when to deal with emotions, because there are times when emotional conflicts are driven by "the horoscope"
It depends very much on the interpretation of the person who makes the horoscope of what the different constellations mean (although this wouldn´t exclude the existence of it)

cheers
Benjamin
cheers
Benjamin Gschösser

LauraR
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Astrology

Post by LauraR » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Hello Benjamin,
I have heard Jesus say the astrology is not God's truth - so it is not valid. I don't know which video I saw it in but if I come across it again I will post it for you.
I do believe that the questions you had regarding astrology were very good. Your intellect was involved and that is important - it is a starting point. Once you start getting the intellectual questions, keep asking questions and go deeper into the feelings. I know at first our feelings can be deceptive but once you experiment a bit you will be able to know the difference between truth and error.
Nice to meet you,
LauraR

Felicitas
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Felicitas » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Thank you for opening up his thread about astrology Benjamin.

I do vaguely remember that Jesus mentioned that astrology can be a tool for self reflection, however I do not remember the specific video and I might totally wrong.

However if astrology is not God's truth I do wonder for what purpose God created all the planets.

I personally feel very attracted to astrology and have started studying my horoscope as a tool to find out more about myself. i find it amazing how the energies of the planets seem to be matching up the set up of the emotional climate the soul is attracted to and imprinted by the parents and the environment and also how the specific set up of the planets within the houses and within the aspects can point out certain talents and gift of the soul.

It seems as the planets move, pass and come close to the earth or retrograde etc. they trigger certain energies within ones soul and seem to amplify God's laws at certain times, eg. Like the Saturn return.

I would feel very grateful if Jesus could speak more about astrology and the purpose of the planets or if he already has, if someone could point out the right video.

Thank you
Felicitas

maureen
Community Member

Post by maureen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Hello,

I can share a little about astrology from the viewpoint of having both received and given readings over the years.

I do feel like there is some truth about the soul that can be gleaned from astrology. I found that when I had my natal chart read for me the first time (30 years ago) that it was a life changing event because the astrologer was able to say a lot to me about my soul that I had never had validated or verbalized to me before. I think that is what was most attractive to me about astrology...that it was a sort of language about the soul....in a world where the soul was not really spoken about.

After that reading, I was very inspired to learn more and ultimately did readings and wrote an astrology column for about 15 years. All that time, I felt there was potential there, but also a lot of complexity that made it more labor intensive than a simple dialog about the soul needs to be.

I feel like there is some predictive potential with astrology that feels very similar to me to what Jesus describes in the abilities that spirits have to predict outcomes (like earth changes) based on probabilities, current and upcoming influences and likely choices given the direction the individual (or the world at large) is moving in currently (ie. how their will is engaged now and will most likely be in the future). Similar to spirits have a bit of a better view from the spirit world, astrology offers a sort of "off world" vantage point somehow. I always worked with astrology in the “as above, so below” context....seeing the heavens “reflecting “ or “mirroring” things about our world and ourselves and the influences that may come to bear in a way. In a way, you can look “down the road” by looking into the "heavens" on a planetary level (ie, where the planets will be on a future date) and "see the future" in a way....(for example seeing that Saturn is returning to the same degree of the zodiac it was at the moment of your birth in a few month's time) and that gives you intellectual data about a 28 year cycle around issues of personal responsibility closing and a new one beginning.

But, I found it still to be a bit off overall. Like, we are down here, reaching for tools, that are intellectual, to predict or understand or speak about the soul and our potential future Law of Attraction when we can just do that by feeling and being more plain in our language. I often found myself speaking in astrological terms that I then needed to decipher for the person in front of me just to say something that I could have said without using the “language” of astrology in the first place. It felt like an acrobatic feat of sorts.

I always felt too like astrology was dangerous in a way because if an astrologer did not take a fully “hands off” approach when talking about the person's soul and potentials and possible destinies etc, they could influence the outcome for a person down the road. That is why I only had two readings done for me in all those years. I did not want another person to tell me things about my soul really (especially things I had not discovered yet). Because I did know what their condition was and if they could even understand or truly see me on deep level clearly. For all I knew, they could have a fear of what I was in my potential even if it was a good thing from God's perspective and they might shut me down or influence my relationship to my own soul before I even experienced myself in that undiscovered area.

When it comes to predicting things with astrology, it feels similar to earth change predictions in that we can hear about potential future things but it really is going to be unique emotionally for each person when it comes to anticipation, preparation, surviving, adapting, growing, learning, etc. Plus, the information from the spirit world about these possibilities is up for change based on the free will of each individual. Astrology feels the same to me. It is a way to get data, but it is coming via another person and through a complex language that doesn't seem to have much value to me now when I/we can just speak directly about the soul in regular language and by learning about and understanding our feelings and emotions....and coming too to feel the souls of others in time.

Once I started learning about Divine Truth, I stopped “practicing” astrology and writing that column (which was me just speaking about emotions and the soul but moving what I said through each sign ~ again a complicated twist)...and just let go of that tool...which I had found less and less valuable over the years really. Not that I had ever really done a whole bunch of it. I never did a lot of readings really and mostly just wanted to validate other people's souls and their deeper sense of self which a lot of people never seem to find in the world. And, people who wanted to have a reading usually were hungry to speak about the soul (which I love to do!) Still, I had for many years felt like astrology was a long drawn out round about way to try to talk to people about their soul. And, even "knowing" what influences might be on the horizon (as reflected in the heavens) does not really do much other than allow for intellectual understanding of possible events...and can even end up interfering with our emotions before, during and after. I can feel this more than ever...and now, when occasionally I glance at my "upcoming transits", it just seems like small insignificant "raw data" that is hard to place much importance on given what I know now about the capacity of my soul to change and grow and for my life to be even unrecognizable to me from here by the time I reach those future dates.

That's my 2 cents!

Love,
Maureen

maureen
Community Member

Post by maureen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:36 pm

maureen
Community Member

Post by maureen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:47 pm

p.s.s. Here is a clip where Jesus describes some of the complexities and challenges surrounding predicting events in general...Jesus on 2012, Earth Changes and Changing Predictions

Tara
Muted

Post by Tara » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:46 am

I do remember watching a video where someone asked a question about astrology, I am sorry that at the moment I cannot remember which one at the moment if it comes to me later I will post at a later date. Using astrology to predict things usually not accurate. Each sign has characteristics and personality traits for each month of the year all depending on when you were born. There is the potential of all souls to develop all the characteristics and personality traits outlined for each sign if we choose to develop this side of ourselves. Using astrology as a guide to see the current personality traits in ourselves and also looking at all the other months for other traits to develop ourselves would be a loving use of astrology.

I have found since being on the path when researching about subjects the most useful thing I have found to help me see the truth is, the more I learn about God the easier it is to be open in receiving truth which has been true for all subjects I have looked at; it took quite a bit of time to come to this conclusion. Looking at astrology from God's perspective, as most in the world use it in a limited capacity because most will look at their sign only which is it which is a limiting view of the subject because they are missing out in developing themselves, God does not limit us in knowledge or progression. Looking at it from the perspective of the potential of developing other traits other than your own month is giving each soul a way to grow without limiting the potential for growth which is something that God would do.

Tara
Muted

Post by Tara » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:30 am

Felicitas,

You asked about if more info could be shared about the planets? There are a number of people on YouTube doing this already except they are not on the path so the emotional element is missing in their predictions if they were on the path I feel their predictions could be more accurate. One guy makes predictions based on planetary alignments. He looks at what has happened in the past, for example an alignment of the moon, earth, and Jupiter there was an earthquake in Japan of 7.0 magnitude during that time. Sometimes when the same alignment happens the same activity re-occurs and sometimes it does not; sometimes the activity is someplace else or it does not happen at all. Another guy predicts changes on the planet by the activity of the planet itself. For example, on the West Coast in the US when there are swarms of small quakes happening usually there will be some activity on the East Coast in Canada because when things shift on one side it cause things to shift on the other side. He also watches the volcano activity as well and he gets all his information from Google Earth, Google Maps, the Earthquake Watch sites which this can done by anyone who wants to know what is happening with the earth. Without the use of looking at these things from an emotional perspective limits the predictions for this could happen.

AJ did mention in one of the videos Maureen posted we have the potential to change the events. A couple of years ago, there was an event in Nevada, United States where the government wanted to buy Bundy's farm and grazing lands he refused to to sell and for the first time the American Militia traveled to this man's property with the intent of helping him defend his land from the government. There were some protesters at the from of the property there in support of this man and doing what they felt they could do to help. I noticed that as things heated up with this event Yellowstone Supervolcano in the next state over started to increase in activity and as things calmed down the activity at Yellowstone decreased. Then things heated up again with Yellowstone is increasing activity and when when things calmed again so did Yellowstone. I point this out as an example of how the emotions can affect the planet in a negative way to the people in this event, their anger, fear, feeling things are unjust, using violence in order to protect, etc now imagine if people were being able to feel their emotions in a loving way, then it would have the opposite effect because if it can work on the planet in a negative way it can work on the planet in a positive way.

Anyone who wants to can research these things themselves, many tools are available for this to happen and it is very interesting to see how things work due to the movement of the planets and through our emotions.

Felicitas
Community Member

Post by Felicitas » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:43 pm

Maureen,
thank you for sharing your experience working with astrology and how discovering the divine truth teachings has changed your perception with astrology.
It helped me to realize that yes it's very intellectual and complicated and basically interfering with building a direct relationship with God.
I have the feeling I have avoided getting into my feelings by analyzing my chart and secretly hoping that I can find a way for me to get some confirmation and figure out what kind of injuries I have instead of asking God directly and being with my feelings.

Thank you also for the video where Jesus speaks about the 6th sphere spirits who have been imposing their concept of the zodiac (of what they feel is real) onto humans living on earth.
He also made it very clear that astrology, as it is a system that profiles a person, doesn't allow ( or encourage) the full expression of free will.
This was a real eye opener for me.

Tara,
yes there are a lot of YouTube videos of astrologers on how the planets affect the earth etc.
In the previous post above I was more interested in finding out if Jesus had spoken about the purpose of the planets. I realized so that my passion to discover more about planets is not really there for me to dive in deeper. At the moment it feels like another distraction I was getting myself into.

Thank you
Felicitas

Benjamingp
Community Member

Post by Benjamingp » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Thank you all for the response.

Maureen, i have a similar viewpoint on the topic. A friend of my father have been engaging in astrology for 30 years. As i took a horoscope there were some very interesting things to me. For example, the sun (which is related to "father") is in the 12th house (which stands for dissolution). That is, he explained, why my father has gone (he died when i was 5). There is some logic in this for me.

He also mentions every time that many people live for example "the life of their relatives", which means try constantly to fulfill the demands of them, often the parents. And, he says, the horoscope´s goal is always to "be yourself". If you face the addictive demands from others, you will have a resolution of many issues like physical pains and so on. If not the constellations will show you that something is wrong. But it´s an individual choice, which is in harmony with free will.
He mentioned too that astrology is an symbolic language, which means that there is some room for interpretation.

This description sounds similar to the law of attraction, so there is no reason why it would disagree with divine truth at this stage.

My question is:
When you are born you can make a horoscope which never changes during the life. So there would be some tendencies in the life (like "the father is in dissolution") which would in some way predict the future, which may be in conflict with free will. Is there an conflict?

At the other hand it could be meant similar than personality, for it is upon me (or my parents choices in early age) if, following the example above, the father dies (like in my case), or it just means that for example during my childhood i have the feeling that i do not rely in the father strongly.

So i cannot see a certain conflict between astrology in the way described above and divine truth.

Felicitas,

i appreciate your response, but i would like to comment on your statement:
Felicitas wrote: However if astrology is not God's truth I do wonder for what purpose God created all the planets.
I do not know what you mean by that. It sounds to me like the earth is the center of the universe which is certainly not true. From my perspective and from what i have learned from Divine Truth, God is very creative in Her creation of things, and so why should She be limited on the earth.
To be franck i feel arrogance in the statement by saying that the only purpose of other planets would be to give us informations about ourselves. They may also, but the universe is extremely complex in its relations from a "human-like-me-in-the-lower-spheres" point of view. I´m quite sure that there are other reasons for the planets to exist beside giving us information about ourselves.

Everything has probably an influence on everything else. The astrology only takes the near planets and the moon and the sun into account while the physical universe is unbelievable huge, let alone the spiritual and soul universes. Like often in mathematics, it is a good approximation for many cases at the most. If we could include every single of the planets, suns and so on we would probably get an exact image of ourselves. But it would include every other soul, God and ourself, so it would be near to infinite in its complexity.

While writing this, i realize once more that the best way to investigate things and learn about myself is by feelings and emotional experiences, and surely through a relationship with God Herself.

cheers
Benjamin
cheers
Benjamin Gschösser