the other gospels

Any Divine Truth related question relating to the teachings of Jesus & Mary
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pam
Banned

the other gospels

Post by Pam » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:33 am

What are your thoughts on the other gospels that didn't make it into the Bible? Are there any truth in them? Should I read them?

http://wesley.nnu.edu/sermons-essays-bo ... e-gospels/

Stephen
Banned
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: the other gospels

Post by Stephen » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Good link, thanks.

Why shouldn't you read them? Just don't believe something because you read it :)

Stephen
Banned
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Stephen » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:26 pm

This is an interesting bit out of Mary Magdalens gospel:

'Lord, the mind which sees the vision, does it see it through the soul or through the spirit' The Savior answered and said, 'It sees neither through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind, which is between the two, which sees the vision, and it is...'"

:)

Teresa French
Community Member

Post by Teresa French » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Hi Pam,

I believe there are more true words of God's Truth out there than have made it into the bible. One of the most pivotal times of my life, before I met Jesus, was watching a movie called "Stigmata" simply because there is reference to text from, I think, the Dead Sea Scrolls, about how God is not (I had to go off and google it now, as interestingly, I couldn't actually remember what struck me about the movie - must be time to watch it again!) .... it is that you don't need a middle man/institution between you and God - you can have a direct relationship with him.

My point being that I feel that you can learn about God from looking anywhere - it's more about how sincere your search for the truth about God is - you could find out reflecting on a rock, I feel (not sitting on the rock, but contemplating the rock!). God will always tell you more about himself if you are sincerely wanting to know :) That one I have learned as a fact.

cheers
Teresa

Pam
Banned

Post by Pam » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:23 am

Thanks Teresa . I plan to read the other gospels. I love the gospel of the virgin Mary. And I wonder why here gospel didn't make it into the Bible?