Devotions

Share your own methods, tips or handy tricks which have promoted growth
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pam
Banned

Devotions

Post by Pam » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:18 am

I find reading scriptures, reading prophetic love letters, singing praise songs have helped me. I also will ask God to write a letter though me and the letters are always beautiful and full of love. Sometimes I can't believe what I wrote. I go back and read them off and on.

Like when he tells me he will help me drive though the snow and I actually make it safe it is so cool to go back and read his promise to me and know that he kept his promise to me.

Mario
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Devotions

Post by Mario » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi Pam
I think I have similar event as you describe,
But I have never feel is God helping me.
For me the helpers are my guides or some celestial friends or even relatives in the spirit world that now my wish, see my pray and most of the times respect my will.
For me God is just there and letting things happen.
Does this make any sense to you?

Pam
Banned

Post by Pam » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:58 am

Mario wrote:Hi Pam
I think I have similar event as you describe,
But I have never feel is God helping me.
For me the helpers are my guides or some celestial friends or even relatives in the spirit world that now my wish, see my pray and most of the times respect my will.
For me God is just there and letting things happen.
Does this make any sense to you?
Yes it does. I believe in angels too. And when I am driving in a dangerous situation I pray and ask God to put His angels around my van. I try not to drive in dangerous weather but my job Walmart wants you there rather it is icy roads or not.

On Valentine's Day I had a lovely date with my boy friend but the date soon ending when it begin to snow. I decided to drive home because I didn't want to drive in deep snow. It was a miracle I made it home in one piece because just the little blanket of snow made driving very hard. I almost lost control of the van and slide into a bunch of park cars. I was really praying when the van started to slide towards the park cars down a hill but God put a thought in my head "shift into low gear" that is when I gain control of the van. The rest of the way home the snow blew across the road which made seeing the road very hard. It was completely white out side and I could not see the difference between the road and the grass. I completely stop the van on the road and sat there until the blowing snow stopped.

The guy behind me kept his distance from me and seem to stop too on the road. I believe he was as scared as I was. And I thought to myself "Lord why did I come out in this? I should have spent the night at my boy friend's house. I would have slept on the couch not with him. I did make it home safely but I pray all the way home thanking God that He was with me and His angels guiding my van home. When I got to Quincy it was just wet roads and I was able to shift into drive and drive normally. I was so happy when I made it safely to my mobile home.

Mario
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Mario » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Ok Pam
Is not God directly helping you but she send angels as you call them.
That is what I mean,
I believe if you Start a relation with those angels you can know their personalities and perhaps names and recognise then in which situations they help you and even get to know the ones that are your guides.
Don't you think so?