Sleep Paralysis

No hiding places are found here!
Jenny
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sleep Paralysis

Post by Jenny » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 pm

Frequently, and usually only when I take mid-day naps, find myself being trapped and unable to move my body. I can feel the energy of a spirit attacking my body in all different ways sometimes even raping me. I'm usually terrified when this happens, and try to surrender and allow my emotions, but I feel the attack just get stronger when I do this, which means I'm probably not really feeling. At that point I'll go into a rage and fight my way out of it, sort of forcing myself to wake up. This began happening right when I started listening to Divine Truth and in the last 6 months or so has really ramped up. I know that Jesus addressed this issue in one of his talks, but I don't remember which one. Does anyone know?

Alkhemst
Community Member

Re: Sleep Paralysis

Post by Alkhemst » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:48 am

Hi Jenny, I know how that feels, I often am petrified when that happens, literally in fact as I can't move or even scream out for help. This used to happen to me a lot when I was a child and I used to ask God for help which if I recall correctly did help me get passed some of the fear of that experience. Sometimes when I wasn't afraid I'd float out of my body and go places too. I guess all I can advise is that when you're surrendering to the terror like you say, ask for God to be with you and help you experience all the feelings that come up whatever they are. Mary's recent blog talks about fear of spirit attack and has plenty more suggestions on how to approach it.

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:51 am

In case you've not come across it yet, here's the link to the post I mentioned above: http://mary.divinetruth.com/2015/09/04/ ... -a-letter/

Jenny
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Jenny » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:40 am

Thanks David ( I looked for your introduction to find your name), your suggestion to pray to God when I surrender reminded me that in past instances when I do pray to God, I tend to come out of the experience more gently. When I posted this it was about an hour after an attack, and I didn't give myself a chance to feel about it before I reached out to the group. I don't know if you read Mary's advice in her introduction, but she advised that we feel, then post, which I plan to do from now on.

Thank you for linking to her blog - yes I did see it. I was able in the last day or so to dip down into the cause of the attacks and some unworthiness and lack of self-esteem came up. I've been seeing myself all wrong - thinking that I'm a terrible person and not worth anything at all. That has left me vulnerable to all sorts of spirit influence. I have been able to feel a tiny bit of the love and appreciation that God and my guides have for me, and it's helping me acknowledge that everything that God has created is worthy and absolutely lovely, including myself. :)

Anyway, thank you for responding and offering words of comfort. If you would like to pray for me too, maybe that will help, too. I will include you in my prayers tonight.

Laura Berry
Muted

Post by Laura Berry » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Dear Jenny,

"I can feel the energy of a spirit attacking my body in all different ways sometimes even raping me. I'm usually terrified when this happens, and try to surrender and allow my emotions, but I feel the attack just get stronger when I do this, which means I'm probably not really feeling. At that point I'll go into a rage and fight my way out of it, sort of forcing myself to wake up"

I haven't experienced sleep paralysis but I have had paralysis in my hands (acting in fear) a couple of times in the waking state in the last year or so. From this I have realised what I am doing to create it. I noticed when it happens it is because I am unwilling or have little to no desire to go through the fear/terror. The energy that starts flowing when the fear/terror is triggered and I then desire to not experience it and lock it down, gets trapped in the area of the body the emotion is. The energy can't go anywhere because I am blocking it with my will which results in that part of the body going numb and paralysing. So have realised that when this happens to us that it is because we have a false belief that God's love or surrender to the experience isn't as powerful as the event or emotional experience we are trying to escape.

Mary's blog post on spirit attack has been really helpful and have been going through what she suggests by writing down my feelings and trying to understand and work through emotionally what is happening bit my bit with regards to attack and what is going on for myself there. It's been a very beautiful guide.

I think a lot of us have this feeling that attack is more powerful than God's love even that fear is more powerful than God's love. So when we get attacked we have little faith that surrendering to the feeling of vulnerability and loss of control that the fear suggests is actually going to help us. Instead we tend to feel that if we don't fight back or shut it down that whatever is happening will just get worse.

Although am still going through this I have realised from previous experience that when I do surrender to the fear that I am actually more protected and safe than when I fight it and in the surrender nothing bad actually happens it is only when I resist it that things get worse.

Personal Example:- I did get physically attacked by spirits in the sleep state and sometimes in the waking state if I didn't do what they wanted me to do. One night I was smoking, on my own, in the dark by the garden at 2am. Something was thrown at me and brushed my leg (a small stone or piece of plaster) followed by something falling off a shelf. It triggered my fear of spirits physically hurting me and I reached for the door in fear. Then I decided to stay and feel my fear. I moved my body by bending my knees repeatedly and moving my hands to keep me awake and in the experience whilst breathing and praying to God to help me stay there and with it until I had felt it pass and could feel God and my spirit guides love again. Whilst I was going through it I felt I was opening myself up to more attack not less and that they would throw bigger things at me but I was surprised after the experience I realised nothing bad happened that I thought would and I haven't had those spirit physical attacks since in that way. Though now it happens further away from me or through others (so more work there). But I became aware that I had a desire to feel the fear in that situation. That I lacked in general this desire to feel my fear.

I wrote that experience because I feel what I learnt was I am afraid to feel powerless, out of control and vulnerable when ever fear comes up and that I can actually go through the experience and was capable but that I had to have a desire to do so.

I think a lot of us still have these issues with fear so when we don't feel we can allow ourselves to be those things (vulnerable, powerless and out of control to the emotional experience) we can go back into the anger or resistance and prefer it to the alternative.

I don't know if this helps you but I wish you the best in going through this. It's not easy but I realised unless I have desire to experience fear/terror and what I feel that means. I will keep running away or shutting it down which has caused paralysis in the past and it wont heal until I surrender to the fear and experience and that the paralysis did lift when I surrendered.

I don't know if you are already doing this, but if I am aware something is happening in the sleepstate I try and focus on experiencing it in the waking state by actively seeking (don't always actually want to but when I do) videos, books anything to help me stay with the feeling and to encourage me to go through it. So it might help if you aren't already to confront this fear in the day as well as at night when it happens.

Thank you too for this post. Still have more work to do myself on this and writing this has helped me realise I have more to feel about powerlessness and vulnerability. So its helped me too.

Take care,

Laura

Jenny
Community Member

Post by Jenny » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:07 am

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful reply. After reading what you've written I realized that I have no desire whatsoever to feel my fear and I don't actually believe that God's power is bigger than the person attacking. I feel helpless in this, in fact and I don't believe I will ever have the courage to confront my fear.
I think a lot of us still have these issues with fear so when we don't feel we can allow ourselves to be those things (vulnerable, powerless and out of control to the emotional experience) we can go back into the anger or resistance and prefer it to the alternative.
This is very helpful. I didn't realize how powerless I actually feel. A big part of me wants to brush my fear under the rug and completely avoid dealing with it, but the idea of the attacks continuing makes me feel so frustrated and, well, powerless. It's making my life pretty challenging and getting I'm tired of it!

So, thank you, Laura. I'm glad my post helped you too. I'll take another look at Mary's post and hopefully make a start in a positive direction on this.

Laura Berry
Muted

Post by Laura Berry » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:01 pm

When we are truly tired of fighting the painful emotion I see it as a positive thing, because we start to surrender and soften and accept that we have to go through the pain rather than around it or over it or under it :)

Though being tired and being angry is a sign we have more addictions to let go of. If you feel angry I would suggest letting yourself experience the anger you feel about giving up power, control and having to be vulnerable in order to feel God's love and change this situation. Even any anger of the injustice of having to feel this pain.

Have been going through this at the moment and the anger has been mostly directed at God initially. It has felt unfair to give up these beliefs (addictions) in order to get closer to God and God's love and to change these situations in my life. I like these beliefs and the strong control feeling over the soft truth of how God wants me to be. So I don't think I can advise any more than that as am not much further myself. But am feeling a softening happening the more I confront those three things and I encourage you to stick with it and trust you will find the right videos from Jesus and Mary that will help you. I often ask my guides to help me pick the one I need to hear right now and it nearly always works :)

I am sorry I cant be of any more help right now.

Laura x

Jenny
Community Member

Post by Jenny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:58 am

Thank, Laura. I looked at Mary's post again last night and found it really helpful regarding some feelings around the everyday spirit influence I'm dealing with right now. I also started watching this video for the 2nd time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_0b3gUIlTI

I still haven't wanted to dip into the anger or the addictions, so I'm going to pray about this. I hope you make some progress on this too.

God bless.

Jenny

LisaQ
Community Member

Post by LisaQ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:16 am

Hi Jenny, Laura, and David,

I have been reading this thread with interest, because I've experienced sleep paralysis, especially for the last two years that I've been on the DLP.

I have noticed that it has intensified (the spirit attack at night) since joining this forum. I feel it shows me I'm on track, since the spirit attack is ramping up as I begin to uncover areas of great denial and resistance that I never would've felt in the past. And I'm really beginning to allow the process of feeling through a number of my injuries. It feels as if the dark spirits that surround me want to scare me away from what I'm uncovering, because they will no longer be able to control me!

Two nights ago, I was asleep and became aware of this strong energy outside of myself coming down through my crown chakra and paralyzing my head and neck. The moment I noticed that something was trying to control my body, I went into fear and terror, heart racing. Since I've dealt with these attacks now for a while, I knew that the greatest defense was to allow myself feel the terror, while simultaneously praying for God's help. This was the first time I've allowed myself to stay with the fear and the attack for a longer period. After a few moments of staying with the fear, I was shown what specific hole in my energy field the spirit(s) were hooking into. (It was about my desperate need for women's acceptance, and low worth around women.) If I hadn't allowed myself to fully surrender into this fear and stay with it, it's likely I wouldn't have been given this extra piece of information about it.

The next morning, I felt slightly drained and tender (like I'd been through a 'battle for my soul'), but I did notice I was a lot softer to feeling my grief around my mom. I felt that the spirit attack actually helped me progress, through exposing those emotions.

I used to wonder why God allowed dark spirits to attack us, when most of us can't even see them. But I've come to realize that they just help intensify our LOA, in order to give us an even greater opportunity to heal ourselves and come back to love.

I hope this may be of help to you, Jenny. Thank you for starting this thread.

Lisa

Jenny
Community Member

Post by Jenny » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:00 am

Hi Lisa, I sorry I'm just now replying to your response. After reading this I did begin to feel some of my fears and worked through some emotions surrounding my feelings of being invisible and insignificant. I haven't had an attack since then and haven't felt as afraid, although, it's hard to say because I have been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to feel my emotions.

I just wanted to say thank you for your post and I feel it really did help me.

Jenny