Hello

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PeterHowell
Newcomer

Hello

Post by PeterHowell » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Peter Howell, I'm 25 years old, I live in the UK in a city called Derby and I first came across Divine Truth in July 2013. I didn't grow up with a religious background, I wouldn't have described myself as an atheist either, I just never gave much consideration to whether God existed or not. I was more pre-occupied with sports, partying, girlfriends and hanging out with my mates.

Without consciously knowing it at the time, from the age of 16-23 I had been seeking truth quite powerfully through a romantic relationship I was pursuing that was forever going backwards and forwards. To cut a long story short (I'm happy to share it down the line if people wish to hear it) I eventually felt God and received Divine Love for the first time. Within a week I was led to Jesus and Mary and knew from that very moment that they were who they said they were and that Divine Truth was indeed, God's Truth.

As you can perhaps imagine, to go from having no real religious thoughts or beliefs to suddenly having experienced God and knowing Jesus and Mary were back on earth, was quite a whirlwind 10 days or so. Unbeknown to me at the time, my cousin Nicky (the creator of this forum) was on quite the journey himself in terms of seeking truth. I had the pleasure of sharing what I had just learnt with him and we've never really looked back ever since. I've also been blessed to have had the pleasure of meeting Jesus and Mary when Nicky and I attended the 2nd Assistance Group in 2014, they're amazing, extremely loving and I simply cannot speak higher of them both.

Since discovering Divine Truth; like most of you I imagine, I've been on quite a journey. I've been through the honeymoon period where hearing all these new truths felt amazing, I've also been through some tough times when I've had to come face to face with some unpleasant truths which I allowed to set me back for the best part of a year. I'm now in a place where I feel more passionate than ever before about further developing my relationship with God and I look forward to sharing, learning and helping each other grow through this forum. Nicky - thank you brother for creating this loving space for us all to share.

Much love to you all.

Peter :D

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Nicky » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:08 pm

Yo bro!

Welcome to the forum - awesome to see that you have joined up. Feels a bit weird interacting with you over the forum for the first time, particularly as we have known each other our whole lives and have been practically best mates :lol:

What a crazy ride we have been on so far hey? Together and individually!

Hope you find your time here beneficial bro.

Nicky

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable