Hi there

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Alkhemst
Community Member

Hi there

Post by Alkhemst » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:11 am

I'm David, I live in Sydney Australia. Hearing AJ's and Mary's teachings really had a big impact on my life and how I see the world. I'm not a very good learner to be honest, so wouldn't say I'm well and truly on the Way to God but I think my desire to be is growing. It's great Nicky you've put this together to help many of us wanting to learn more about all this. Thanks!

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: Hi there

Post by Nicky » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi David

Awesome to meet you, thanks for introducing yourself. I loved Sydney when I visited last year, next time I go I'll be sure to visit in your summer months. Saying that, your winter temperature was still reaching a comfortable 15 or so degrees which is almost like the British summer anyway!

It's important to remember that none of us are perfect as of yet, and it is important to be truthful with yourself at all times. It's really cool to see you registered on forums, I look forward to getting to know you.

Cheers

Nicky

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:28 am

Hey Nicky,

Great to make your acquaintence too :)

The phrase "progress rather than perfection" is a good reminder for me. Especially as self punishment is what I often use to avoid some deeper feelings and realisations.

I'm starting to figure out more so than before that there's a lot of things I've heard about listening to the material from Divine Truth, but the bulk of it I don't know from first hand experience, so at this stage it's heresay for me. I've had some experiences of a lot love coming from an external source to me, I felt that perhaps this is God, sometimes I broke down as it felt quite intense. I suppose I want to keep experimenting with it and learn more and gain more of a heart based awareness about all of this.

Regarding honesty, I think I'm starting to see how much self deception has kept me away from who I really am, so definitely timely advice.

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:57 am

Thought I might clarify what I mean by heresay. I don't mean to denigrate the teachings of Divine Truth by this. For me the logic is very sound, which it ought to be if it is true. One quote I came across by Jesus in the first century which I'll paraphrase was when he said that if his testimony was his alone it would not be true. What I reckon he means is that God's truth is not his own (Jesus') testimony, it is God's and as it has come via a first hand experience of God, it is a direct testimony of God. Anything else, such as my "knowledge" of Divine Truth right now, is heresay from my point of view.

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi David

I have found it so incredibly important to just keep experimenting with everything, like you said and putting into practice the principles of Divine Truth in our daily lives. It is the best way to start having some real experiences that you are able to ascertain what is true and what isn't.

There is such a vast amount of truth that Jesus & Mary have stated in their DT videos that I do not yet know for certain is true in my heart.

Becoming a "scientist" of life whilst involving God in the process is exactly what I'm trying to do.

Nicky

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable