Hello, allow me to introduce myself :)

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cheryl
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello, allow me to introduce myself :)

Post by Cheryl » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:51 am

Hello fellow forum members. My name is Cheryl and I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I first discovered the Divine Truth videos just over 2 years ago and, like many of you, felt blown away by what I was hearing. I remember thinking, "Yes, I get this! I got this! Give me three months, I'll do everything by the book and get this whole love thing "down"!" Haha. I'm smiling now as I write this. Things didn't really unfold that way, of course, but those first three months, my "honeymoon phase" with Divine Truth, were still quite powerful and I made many changes. Some of those changes (those I really wanted on a soul level - to quit smoking marijuana, to become a full vegan) have been effortless to maintain. Other changes (quitting coffee, being authentic) lasted only about three months and three minutes respectively.

I grew up in the suburbs of Montreal and lived with my Mom and my older brother. My parents got divorced when I was 3 and my father committed suicide when I was almost 10. I never spent much time with my father because he lived in another province, but my brother and I used to spend 1 month each summer with him and his new wife and eventually their 2 kids (my half-sister and half-brother). I was close with my extended family on my Mom's side, and I feel lucky that I grew up in a home that wasn't religious but wasn't anti-religious either. At a young age, around 8 or 9, I became quite interested in God. I loved asking my school friends if they believed in God, what their opinion was. A neighbourhood friend and I would often attend different churches on Sundays. Later in my teens I'd invite the Mormons or Jehovah witnesses that came to my door in for tea. That Jesus and God were the same didn't make much sense to me. Neither did it make sense that Jesus died for our sins, but I didn't fully reject these notions - I just accepted that it was something I didn't understand. I've also always felt that God wasn't partial to Christians. I imagined all the religions and spiritual faiths had something to teach. I always felt that Love was more important than religious denomination, rituals, practices etc.

Two summers ago a good friend of mine, who knew I was a big fan of Jesus, sent me a short interview that AJ and Mary did on some TV show. At first I felt annoyed that my friend sent it. I didn't think he was making fun of me, but did he really think I was interested in listening to this charlatan? However, by the end of the interview, I could feel that this couple was sincere. Among all the nasty comments below the video (as you can imagine) there was one that suggested actually listening to their videos before passing judgement. Curious, I clicked on one of the videos, then clicked to the middle and heard the message I needed to hear at that time. AJ was saying that when we limit and resist our unpleasant emotions, we are also limiting our ability to feel our pleasant emotions. This really resonated for me at that time. Marijuana was quite effective in eliminating my sadness every night, but I recognized that I actually didn't feel much of anything at anytime. A few weeks later I watched "The Secrets of the Universe" and, as they say, "The rest is history". I was hooked. I feel like I've taken the Red Pill (from the movie the Matrix). Even though I have been very challenged and very frustrated at times trying to "get this", I feel like there is no turning back. I've heard enough truth to accept that there's no other reasonable option for me than to keep trying, keep working at developing humility.

Three months after I discovered the Divine Truth videos, I flew to San Diego to attend a DT seminar. I felt shy to talk to AJ and Mary, not really sure what I would say to them, but during a break I felt strongly compelled to talk to Cornelius who was there. I found him very attractive. In fact, the pull towards him was so strong I started wondering if he was my soulmate! (he's not) Fortunately I got to speak to him quite a bit and, when I expressed this thought to him, he explained some things about attraction that I didn't know. He was so humble and straightforward. I learned a lot.

I have learned so much from all the videos, from AJ and Mary, from the questions asked by so many of the seminar attendees, who I am grateful to. Sometimes it feels like the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know - especially about myself. I knew I didn't know myself, but I didn't realize how very little I know myself. My main block, I believe, is my pride. I'm also addicted to being well-thought of. Control issues too. And - I'm sorry to admit - I think I have a lot of anger (towards men - and many things) that I have trouble feeling. What gives me hope are the pockets of time, moments, in which I have found myself to be vulnerable or truly humble - and the beautiful feeling of being authentic that those memories hold. I want to feel that way always.

I like to dance, teach, and write. I have been teaching dance for many years and recently started teaching public speaking. I've always thought about writing a book, like many people do. I find writing difficult, but I get a sense of satisfaction when I do it.

It's cool to see many people on this forum who I feel like I already know through the DT videos. Thank you Nicky for this great idea - and for all the work you do to make it a reality - what a gift. I was excited recently when I saw another woman from Montreal introduce herself. After visiting as a guest for two months now, I figured it was time to join the party! Hello to everyone!

Cheryl

Jenny
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hello, allow me to introduce myself :)

Post by Jenny » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:21 am

Cheryl, I really enjoyed reading your introduction. When you said:
What gives me hope are the pockets of time, moments, in which I have found myself to be vulnerable or truly humble - and the beautiful feeling of being authentic that those memories hold. I want to feel that way always.

it reminded me of a feeling which I haven't experienced too often lately, but when I think back, those are the moments that I cherish in my life. My addictions have been my attempt to grasp that feeling, but there is no substitute. It helps to be reminded of the fruit that comes from a willingness to be humble. I hope I can grow my desire to feel that always.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Jenny

Pierrejoseph
Community Member

Post by Pierrejoseph » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:08 am

Welcome Cheryl.

I enjoyed reading your intro. I was especially touched by the same sentence was Jenny. These are the precious life changing experiences/moments that slowly build our faith in God, in the way, in ourselves to walk it. These are step stones moments to remember when we doubt, when feel lost and despaired. Thanks.

Pierre

Max
Community Member

Post by Max » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:28 am

Hi Cheryl

It's great to meet you. I can relate to comparing this path to aspects of the matrix movie. I think that if anyone chooses to follow The Way then if faced with the same choice as Neo they would have choosen the red pill. I also share your feeling that once you've started down this rabbit hole, there's no turning back, it's got to stay real. Those authentic moments are beautiful.
Cheers
Max

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi Cheryl

Awesome intro! I too feel that once you are exposed to the truth and start to make some progress, there really is no turning back in the sense that you cannot just go back to your old life and block out the truth you have previously heard. I think if I even tried that, I wouldn't last more than a day :lol:

It's great that you decided to come in and register after browsing the forum as a guest. I look forward to getting to know you better as time goes on.

Nicky

Cheryl
Newcomer

Post by Cheryl » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:35 am

Hi Jenny, Pierre-Joseph, Max, and Nicky. It is lovely to meet you all and to hear what parts of my intro struck you too. As I've mentioned, I was familiar with you (from the forum and/or from the 2014 Assistant Group videos) so I'm happy now you know a bit about me as well. Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm very happy to join you. :)