OK, I guess I'll do this...

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Brian Brill
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

OK, I guess I'll do this...

Post by Brian Brill » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:35 pm

I was asked about writing an intro, and I just haven't had a desire to do it. But I suppose something would be appropriate, so...

I'm a 50yo Okie.

Well, now that that's out of the way, I posted a playlist in the music section which probably says more about what's important about me than my rambling words could convey: viewtopic.php?p=465#p465

- B

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: OK, I guess I'll do this...

Post by Nicky » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi Brian

Welcome to the forums. Definitely a slightly different method of introducing yourself than most would do, but an equally effective one none the less!

Nicky

Brian Brill
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Brian Brill » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:35 pm

Nicky wrote:Hi Brian

Welcome to the forums. Definitely a slightly different method of introducing yourself than most would do, but an equally effective one none the less!

Nicky

Thanks Nicky, yeah I was resisting doing anything. Maybe there's an injury around that. Maybe I'm just a non-conformist or I resist anything I perceive as an expectation.

Some while back I started writing up the story of my spiritual journey as it relates to DT, but I'm not done with that yet, so if I share it, it will be later.

Patricia Sanders
Community Member

Post by Patricia Sanders » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:24 am

Brian, just curious where you're from exactly ... I'm an Okie too, born in Tulsa in '66.

Patricia

Brian Brill
Community Member

Post by Brian Brill » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:18 am

Patricia Sanders wrote:Brian, just curious where you're from exactly ... I'm an Okie too, born in Tulsa in '66.

Patricia
Hi Patrica. Born in Tahlequah then grew up in Tulsa after about a year. Left the state a couple of times as a young adult, but never actually made escape velocity. Back in Tahlequah for a decade now.

- B

Patricia Sanders
Community Member

Post by Patricia Sanders » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Neat-o, thanks! So we might have been neighbors when we were in diapers. I left at 4 y.o. and go back very rarely to visit relatives.

Thanks for the playlist, which I'm working my way through. Already been a fan of Innocence Mission! Do you know Life Without Buildings? Obscure turn-of-the-century Glasgow band, might not be your cup of tea, but one of my favorites.

P