Hi

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Elvira
Community Member

Hi

Post by Elvira » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi,
I was blessed with a divine truth dvd from a friend five years ago. I thought seriously, Jesus, but I was unwell and had nothing better to do so I watched anyway! Someone was looking out for me that day; I think five minutes in I just knew it was the truth. Since then I have railed, questioned and doubted but experimented, so far every experiment has proven the truth of what I have heard from Jesus and Mary. A few months after that first dvd I found myself in Queensland on holiday when Mary announced her last group. My sister and I hired a car, threw a few things into it and starting driving in what we hoped was the the right direction. That was a baptism of fire and I remember saying to Jesus that he had saved my life and he said 'Not yet I haven't' I think maybe now its true. I can hardly say how grateful I am to them for bringing God's truth to the earth again. The concept that God loves me remains intellectual for me. I know I have experienced help and answers from God but I haven't yet worked my way through the feelings which make me feel that God can't love me, that is my focus now.

I studied economics and worked for a bank. I floated into economics because it was interesting at school and I had no idea what I wanted to do. I'm now studying to be a teacher, which is scary at my age (54 nearly). I'm hoping to be teaching before retirement age! I have got so much out of the course already though, it has taken me back out into the community in a small way (I've had chronic fatigue for a long time) and I'm learning things which I never learned at school or have forgotten. At the moment I am preparing a unit of work about astronomy for my guinea pigs, the neighbors kids. I can't even conceptualize the vastness of the universe, it is mind blowing, let alone the vastness of our creator who made it all.

I am married, but our marriage is stuggling, I can't say if we are soul mates. We have two grown sons. Seeing what an unloving mother I have been has been one of my driving motivations in this process. God gave me such a gift for learning about love with my sons but I feel very sad that it has all had to come at their expense. I have wasted a lot of time in this process blaming other people when I could have made different choices, but I can make different choices now.

It's great to see you again Nicky, I don't know if you remember but we spoke briefly over dinner one day at the Assistance Group. Thank you for creating this space, I feel very excited about the potentialities. Already your sincerity in applying the principles of love is being put into loving action. I felt very inspired by the passion you expressed in talking about God in your video. Looking forward to getting to know everyone more.

Love Elvira

Elvira
Community Member

Re: Hi

Post by Elvira » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:28 pm

Sorry Nicky, I seem to have submitted twice, the submit button reappeared. Could you tell me how to remove the second post. I can't find it the world of forums in new to me.

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi Elvira,

No worries. I will delete the other topic for you.

Cheers

Nicky

Elvira
Community Member

Post by Elvira » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks.

Elvira
Community Member

Post by Elvira » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:43 pm

I hate being a techno dunder head, would you mind telling me how to do it so I don't have to ask you if it happens again

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi Elvira

Only myself and any potential future moderators will be able to edit/delete posts. Reason being, if anyone posts in an unloving manner, they cannot go back and edit their posts as a way of attempting to "hide" their behaviour.

I guess it also means you weren't as bad as you initially thought regarding your IT skills :)

On a side note, yes I do remember speaking to you at the assistance group last year. I would like to welcome you to the forums here. Nice to speak with you again.

Nicky