An opportunity for country/region related connections?

Offer feedback on the site - any suggestions are welcomed
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Anneli
Muted

An opportunity for country/region related connections?

Post by Anneli » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:10 pm

As the list of members grow, which is really great to see, I'm thinking about the probably upcoming desires in people to meet locally and physically as well (for meetings and projects based on Divine Truth, I mean).

Is there a way to facilitate local connections between groups of people in the forum, or would it be better to invite our neighbors one by one in a PM or similar (all Swedes, for example) to another online venue outside of the forum for such purposes?

I really love how this forum has already allowed me to feel a lot more connected to others sharing the passion for Divine Truth and God's Love, and also how it for sure also has enlightened me already about some of my addictions :) I'm really glad you did this, Nicky, and it does feel like you have a very loving and firm way of managing the flow of people and actions here.

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: An opportunity for country/region related connections?

Post by Nicky » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi Anneli

I thought about this idea that you have raised for quite some time when I was designing the forum. I spoke to Jesus & Mary about this and decided not to include this function on the forum for many reasons.

The main reason is that by openly providing a place on the forums for people to meet up in person, it exposes me to all sorts of legal requirements and it will actually be quite messy and convoluted to try and facilitate this here from my perspective.

If anyone on the forums wants to meet up in person, I would advise that you arrange this between yourselves privately.

I will now lock this thread.

Thanks for your suggestion Anneli.

Nicky

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable