Refugees and refugee camps

Here you can discuss any Earth related events or issues and how they relate to Divine Truth
AllaBarsoukova
Community Member

Refugees and refugee camps

Post by AllaBarsoukova » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Hello Mary and All,

I'd be grateful if you or anyone else could answer.

There's a lot going on in Europe with regard to refugees these days. Every time the topic comes up, I have conflicting feelings and intentions. It seems that over the past month or so, my façade and addictions have gradually been weakened by all the underlying unloving emotions.

You have mentioned working with refugees in Lebanon some years back, but I don't seem to recall your giving a description of the emotional side of that work and what your true motivations were at the time. I was wondering if there is a recording of your talking on the subject.

Thank-you!

Mary
DT Teacher

Re: Refugees and refugee camps

Post by Mary » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:24 am

Hi Alla,

I haven't been on the forum much lately and I almost missed your question to me here.

I haven't ever discussed my time working with refugees in a recording. In fact, you are the first person associated with Divine Truth to even ask me about it!

I would love to respond. I am very passionate about this issue and many related to it. I don't have much time at the moment but I promise to come back and share my thoughts soon(ish).

Love to you,
Mary

AllaBarsoukova
Community Member

Post by AllaBarsoukova » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:09 am

Fantastic, Mary, thanks!! Very much looking forward!

Phoebe Bruce
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Phoebe Bruce » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:39 pm

I would really love to know your experience too Mary.

I know we've talked briefly about how strongly you feel about the situation in Syria and how hearing about it motivates you to confront your fears. when i expressed my desire to go and volunteer somewhere to 'help' you suggested reflecting on how different that 'help' would look if I had worked through at least a chunk of my facade. This comment honestly was just so good for me to hear, as I have seen how my facade cannot help anyone in need yet still I want the addiction. I would love to know what your vision is for how Love will assist people in the future, if we have a desire, to go to such war-torn areas and places of great suffering. Hearing about the possibilities also encourages me to actually strive forward and get out of the self-wallowing and self involvement which I have miserably enjoyed.

Thanks Mary
Love Phoebe

Mary
DT Teacher

Post by Mary » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi Alla & Phoebe,

I'm sorry that I haven't had the chance to return and respond to your request to talk about the global issue of refugees.

As I said, I am really passionate about it. And I feel that events in Beirut and Paris over the weekend have probably brought this issue even more to the forefront of politics and people's minds.

If you have any specific questions please do post them here. I have kind of an essay (maybe a book) in my head of all of the issues of love that relate to refugees in general and this is why I haven't posted yet. There is so much to say!

So perhaps a quicker thing would be for people who have questions about the recent attacks in Beirut and Paris or the refugee situation in general to post them here. And I will do my best to answer them piecemeal.

Anyway, this is an invitation for specific questions on those issues.

Love
Mary

Lena
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lena » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:04 am

Hi Mary,
thanks for inviting the questions here are a few from me:

Recent attacks happening in Paris.
What is the LOA and how to understand it fully for everyone who has heard about it?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-14/p ... ow/6941250

What is the problem with the news in western society giving so much air time to Paris attacks and not much time is given to equally or even more so disturbing and devastating events in other parts of the globe?
Beirut
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Beirut_bombings
Syria
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/ ... IU20151117
Casualties Syria Civil War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualtie ... _Civil_War
Casualties Lebanon War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_Civil_War
Casualties Israel 2014
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Isra ... a_conflict
Casualties Palestine for 2014
https://www.rt.com/news/244349-palestin ... l-highest/

Is it wrong to think that western countries such as USA and other European countries & Russia look for excuse to treat Syria, Lebanon and other places on Earth where there are crisis even WORSE after any sign of 'provocation' or a strike back from those countries? Additional bombings and closure of the boarders.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world ... -backlash/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... oorer.html

What could France do instead?

Is it important for emerge person to understand the full truth of the problem? For example, what is the real realtionship USA and Russia have in Syria.

What could Russia do instead of bombing back as a punishment for the possible airplane crash?

What could USA do instead of what they have been? Feels like USA government is looking for justification to be more military present in Syria and to continue to create more crises.

What could Lebanon and Syria do differently?

What could Israel do differently?

Could and more important would re-creating homes, schools, hospitals in Syria, Lebanon and other parts of middle east and Africa stop the common frustration in those nations and desire to pay back for the pain they have been caused?

What did western society do to the 3rd world countries?

Why there are developed and 3rd world countries in our world?

Is it possible to have an equal development of all countries around the world? Economically, financially, culturally etc...

Is population control has anything to do with the wars?

Is profiting has anything to do with having wars?

Does believing in God has anything to do with the war?

Why are non-muslim people afraid of people who follow islam?

Why do wars happen?

How to come to loving relationships in the world?

How to resolve large country with country conflicts and rebellious actions taken to purposely harm people?

Mary
DT Teacher

Post by Mary » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:28 am

Ha ha Lena.

That is a lot of questions!

I guess I did ask.

Bex
Community Member

Post by Bex » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi Mary, thanks for opening this up.

I would love to know the "inner battle" you went through whilst discovering that the work you carried out in Palestine was maybe not all pure hearted and was covering up a lot of your own feelings of injustice. Feeling misunderstood and feeling injustice is a big sigh on my heart at the moment. I always wondered after you said you were thinking of going back to Palestine and just having a break in Oz and then met AJ - did you desire to go back there when you guys split up for a wee bit? Are you in regular contact with anyone there now and are they open to hear what you have to say?

What was it in your heart that gave you the strength to not run back to help others and stay and face yourself? How did you work through it all? I remember a talk with you and AJ and he said about you not wanting to buy products from Israel at that time - how did you work through your feelings of injustices and what does it feel like now you have worked through some when you hear about more war and horror in the middle east and else where. The women that went to Kenya to help people there - was there a part of you that wanted to go but you knew you must work on your own soul first? I imagine it takes a great deal of understanding and faith and receiving of Gods love to know for a fact that working on yourself is the best thing to do in all cases.

Sometimes I want to run away from myself and go and work in a refugee camp and just pick up the wee kids and give them a cuddle and now I know that is all my own stuff and Id be kind of using them to make me feel better - shit! In fact I studied politics at Edinburgh University for 4 years and at Science Politiques in France for one year and now I dont know how to decipher what is all my own sadness inside myself and what is genuine sadness for others plights? If we all work on our own soul progression whilst people are still being born into war torn countries or drought filled areas - who is going to help them on earth? In terms of teaching, is it that you and AJ are teaching us, who are lucky enough to have time and access to youtube etc and food and a roof over our heads to work on ourselves, and then we can go on to help others less fortunate than ourselves in these areas? Yet I know thats an arrogant question as people born with little and who face tragedy often are more developed in love, oh im confused!

When I heard in the recent Thomas Leader interviews (which are so so great, thanks guys!) that you often help spirits and you mentioned what you learnt from spirits who were slaves in one of your blogs, I would love to learn more about what enslaved spirits or spirits born in war torn countries have learnt as they progressed.

If many of us worked on our feelings of injustice I assume there will be less injustice in the world yet Nicky mentioned something the other day which really made me think: If people progress in love, then error will be more triggered in others. Are the world events ramping up as people grow in love?
Was there a dip in horrific events in the world after Jesus returned in the first century when peoples faiths grew?

I realise all these questions are so complex, I live with 4 people from Paris so have been talking lots about the events this weekend and have wondered how you and AJ are feeling about it all.

Sending grateful love to you guys, I really hope to make it over to OZ next year and meet you in person x

Elvira
Community Member

Post by Elvira » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:45 pm

Thanks for raising these questions Alla.

I had to laugh when I read Lena's questions because it was such a great list, thought there were a few books in those answers. I have often wondered about all those things and the things Bex raised but I do it in a more piecemeal way because it all just feels too hard and intractable.

Just wondering if maybe it might make a good topic for an FAQ, maybe Lena could get out from behind the camera?

All my best
Elvira

Laura Berry
Muted

Post by Laura Berry » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:51 am

Hi Mary,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to ask you questions about this.

Thank you too to Lena and Bex's questions too.

I have maybe selfish questions to add compared to everyone's so far. Am a born and bred westerner. So here goes...

Is the emotion I want what I want when I want the main driving force behind the whole situation? everything including the wars, refugee crisis, the formation of terrorists, the pillaging of resources etc.

Is it loving to send people away who are proved violent? no matter what their circumstances are?

Would you let homeless people into your house if they didn't respect or desire to love you or live by your house rules even if you had done them wrong and caused their homelessness? When it comes to compensation for our wrong doings how much should we allow and where is the line drawn? Like I feel we can feel so guilty and bad about what we have done to someone what can happen is we over give to make up for it, like an eternal debt is owed and in so doing would it create more problems for everyone and a sense of entitlement and demand from the person who feels we owe them.

I know the west is largely responsible and we need to focus on ourselves first and what we have done but are we totally responsible? Are the refugees and people from conflict countries partly responsible for their own plight too? If so what is it for them they must feel? They may come across you and it would be nice to hear from you about that. Maybe even what will they have to feel about what we have done to them?

I have had this feeling if we stopped the war somehow peacefully and helped rebuild their homeland and put things right physically and hopefully emotionally too and left them alone that they would war amongst themselves anyway due to inter religious issues am I deluded about this? Or are we partly responsible emotionally for the religious issues too?

I have noticed a lot of demand coming from refugees, for eg. they are set on one destination or no destination and want what they want when they want it, Halal food, proper housing, wifi connections etc, if they don't get it they get angry or throw good food away etc is this a reflection of what we have done to them back at us? so compensation? a smack in the face about our own behaviour?

I have noticed a lot of hypocrisy in people, how can I say it... do gooding and pressuring others to be as 'saintly' as them about the refugee crisis in a bullying way, what is this about? Is this an addiction to feeling good about ourselves and is this going to help the refugees or create more problems because it doesn't come from a place of love but rather from a place of addiction. Like I don't feel any love from these people around me towards myself but they claim to love all these refugees and say they see everyone the same. Like what are we doing to avoid the causes and is this one of them?

I know I need to feel self absorbed to go through the errors that prevent me from having love and compassion for everyone involved. Like I know I have fear of not surviving without having these resources from other countries and that I have fear and pain about potential violence, attack, abuse not just from refugees but from people around me getting angry with the situation and many more feelings. Is this the right way to go? when I get into it I feel others project I am selfish because we caused it and I should do more to help, but I feel that is all I can do to change myself and contribute to a positive outcome.

Because I have so many issues about this, I feel I cant make the right decision on what I want to do quick enough like this might take me a year to feel all what has come up, and the event needs an immediate response and have been praying to God and asking God to do what is best for all of us and to help the refugees and everyone else and I will just accept the outcome and feel any pain that gets touched through it. Also praying about my own part it in too. Is this the best thing we can do right now?

In the discussion you both had when Jesus said we should provide aid, what did he mean? How much aid and what kind of aid?

Yours sincerely,

Laura B