Refugees and refugee camps

Here you can discuss any Earth related events or issues and how they relate to Divine Truth
Mary
DT Teacher

Re: Refugees and refugee camps

Post by Mary » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:19 am

*** Also see post prior to this one for more info ***

Emotional Issues that Effect the Response to Refugees Worldwide:

1. Western issues of arrogance: feeling more entitled to a piece of God's Earth than others, 'guarding' property and borders out of a sense of lack or fear

2. Denial that emotional injuries of people who live in affluence (which are played out in policies and politics of nations) have directly caused the issues that displace people

3. Judgement towards the anger or problems of people fleeing for their lives (refugees) when a person's own condition is no better (if not worse). From God's perspective the abuser and oppressor is in far worse condition than the abused.

4. Similarly, using emotional and cultural injuries in refugees ('they are unloving, angry, violent' etc) as an excuse not to be compassionate or giving. A loving response does not tolerate unloving attitudes or actions in anyone (including ourselves) but neither does it punish or exclude those who are hurting and injured and in need. Those who wish to turn away people who they judge as violent are either prejudiced and uninformed or they lack security within themselves and lack systems within their society to respond lovingly to violence (a loving response would include restriction but not attack and further violence). A society which is secure in its humanitarian ideals would not exclude based on fear but rather respond to situations proactively based on loving principles.

5. Those who become 'righteously angry' about the suffering and plight of refugees and humanitarian concerns and act from this emotional injury are avoiding their own history of oppression, abuse or injustice. Thus they do not serve to solve the problem but rather are attempting to gain 'closure' on issues within themselves. This doesn't work well.

Courtney
Community Member

Post by Courtney » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:23 pm

This is SO great--thank you Mary!

Marjorie
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Marjorie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Many thanks Mary for the clarity !

Bex
Community Member

Post by Bex » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:58 am

wow how eloquently put and an awful lot of food for thought, thank you so much Mary x

AllaBarsoukova
Community Member

Post by AllaBarsoukova » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:14 am

Thank you very much for your reply Mary!

Grahamsutherland
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Grahamsutherland » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:18 am

Some time ago i posted a question here as to what would be the loving thing to do about the illegal immigrant and refugee problem. I found this answer in The Judas Messages useful:-

My dear Hans, you always demand concrete examples and not theoretical speeches. So then I want you to make a small experiment. Put a cherry in a glass of distilled water. What will happen?

The cherry will swell more and more, until it finally bursts. Why? The cherry contains sugars and minerals; The surrounding water doesn't contain anything like that. A natural law determines that the water "wants" to equal the osmotic pressure inside and outside the cherry. There are two possible outcomes. The water may enter the cherry in order to dilute the solution of sugars and minerals, or the sugars and minerals may leave the cherry in order to saturate the water, until there is a uniform concentration inside and out. But the cherry's membrane is semi-permeable, and it doesn't allow the sugar to leave. Therefore the water enters with the fruitless intent of equalling the concentration inside and out, and finally the cherry is destroyed.

Something similar happens when there is a rich country and another poor country. The population of the poor country wants to enter the rich country, and in spite of all efforts, they manage to do so because the frontier will always be semi-permiable. This may destroy the rich country. But there is another possibility that the sugars and minerals may come out, towards the poor country, and so the population will stay where they are, without any desire for migrating.

No, you are very mistaken. The sugars and minerals are not money, they are OPPORTUNITIES!

We always tell you that it is necessary to try to be as God is. This is impossible it's clear, but it is necessary to try to love unconditionally, to be good, to help, etc., as God does. And it is necessary to give blessings. But how does God give His blessings? He doesn't give you money on a silver tray; I have already explained this. He grants opportunities.

So, my dear sisters and brothers, grant opportunities. Do this according to your possibilities, be tolerant, don't reject people for their color,race, religion, political opinion, sex, etc. Grant opportunities. Don't try to monopolize everything for yourselves, grant opportunities.
(from: What Can We Do to Offset the Effects of Evil? Received Sept 15, 2001 in messages from Judas to Hans Radax)

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi

A quick note regarding the Judas Messages.

I do not believe these messages are recommended by Jesus & Mary so if people choose to read them then I'd suggest to bear this in mind.

There is no issue apart from to remind everyone else of the above.

Cheers
Nicky

**EDIT**

The Judas Messages are available from the Divine Truth Website as a downloadable PDF file, so ignore what I said. Thanks Eloisa for making me aware of something that I had not known previously.

Nicky

Eloisa M
Newcomer

Post by Eloisa M » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi Nicky,

From what I understand the messages Hans channeled during 2001-2003 are accurate. I've have downloaded the entire pdf book with Judas' messages from the Divine Truth's website. If you wish I can post the link here.

Eloisa

Mary
DT Teacher

Post by Mary » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:13 am

Hi all,
Judas msgs not entirely accurate but do contain some great stuff. Great to see the excerpt Graham posted.
Mary