"What's Wrong With Eggs?"

Vegan recipes, meals, DT related Vegan discussions all found here!
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Courtney
Community Member

"What's Wrong With Eggs?"

Post by Courtney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:45 am

I just watched this new video from a vegan youtube educator and thought it was a really great explanation on how eggs are produced and why they're very unloving to hens (one of the best I've seen in fact), and why "free-range" and "cage-free" eggs are not any better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utPkDP3 ... e=youtu.be

marionseath
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: "What's Wrong With Eggs?"

Post by marionseath » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:54 am

Hi Courtney, thanks for your post, glad you brought this up. After last years assistance group and the gift of vegan eating for 10 days I felt down in energy and worried about protein levels for my in utero bub. I was not travelling well with identifying, feeling and releasing the emotions that were the true causes so I cracked a couple of free range organic eggs into a pan ... it hit me, they could be my eggs!! It felt so wrong. These chickens could be having babies and immersing themselves in motherhood too. On my farm in Tasmania I saw how much the chooks/girls loved to have babies. I had started with 6 chooks and ended up with 38 chickens and roosters.

I also feel that milk is for the young. Breastfeeding totally reinforces this.

As I write this, the whole domestication of animals feels wrong. I have much to feel about it and the unloving acts I engaged in prior to linking in with DT in 2013 and the unloving acts of currently having two dogs and two horses as emotional props.

Hunterwolf
Newcomer

Post by Hunterwolf » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:29 am

I also have chickens and after coming across that video i feel its best not to take from them. What did you do with your chickens?

Alejandro CL
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Alejandro CL » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:59 am

This is a great video, thanks Courtney!
I felt quite shocked from what happens in the egg industry.
"The truth will set you free"

marionseath
Community Member

Post by marionseath » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi Hunterwolf, I sold the chickens to good homes when i sold the farm last year. The roosters didn't go. They stayed for the new owner who adopted all of them to keep leeches away from the house ... which i didn't have a problem with. I don't have chickens now. My friend does and I still have a love for their ways.

Kayla
Newcomer

Post by Kayla » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:20 am

Hi, thanks for sharing. I've recently started going vegan. I actually have been buying almond milk for a while before starting. I don't find it difficult, on top of the fact that know some of the unethical practices. I think videos like that are important. Although in many ways watching is almost harder than going vegan.

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed when they realized the harm they unknowingly caused? Also the harm that will most likely be around for a while longer. I do think minimizing with the goal of eventually stopping as a whole in the consumption of animal products is a good goal. I guess, more than that I'm wondering if anyone contemplates what's really the best way to go about it. For me learning about alternatives helped a lot. Even hearing a bit about the cruelty that goes on was enough to concidder it. I guess I'm really most concerned with the amount of emphasis that goes into different aspects like education on alternatives versus awareness like these videos. Similarly to rescue versus alternative companies. All are important. I just wonder the best way to go about everything.