Issues with intrusive advertising

Discuss a variety of admin and moderator only issues
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lena
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Issues with intrusive advertising

Post by Lena » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi guys,
I feel this is another thread with a great lesson in love.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=645

I will write more soon.

Thanks
Lena

Lena
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Issues with intrusive advertising

Post by Lena » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:59 am

Hi guys,

so this is what I am thinking on this subject. I think this post is another great opportunity to educate people about love and love in action. And money is a very sticky subject for a lot of people.

---*---
People who have registered on this forum are looking for a soul progression, help, assistance and to have an opportunity to understand Divine Truth principles in practice. So putting any other 3rd party material, or advertisement of it, is abusing the member's trust or the purpose of the membership.
I feel it is very intrusive and wrong. Just like compulsory advertising happening on the TV and Facebook etc...

Why putting somebody's else details on the website can also be problematic and create more work:
Nobody can guarantee what these 3rd party businesses or material are driven by love, their intentions, and commitment to doing things God's way. What if you place the details of somebody's gifts on your website, this person is committed to love today, but how can one say that they will be committed tomorrow. And if you have a selection of people who you place on your page and advertise, you would also need to monitor if their intentions are still in harmony with Divine Truth weekly. Which would ultimately add to the administrator's work. Which is ironic, if Nicky was not appreciated for the gift he is already offering, than would he be more appreciated for working even harder?

This suggestion also is not addressing the issue of appreciation. And to act on this suggestion would mean to act in fear of lack.
So if the forum & Nicky can not be sustained with bare minimum living and forum expenses by doing what Nicky has decided to do, it is an indication that the gift is not appreciated and been taken advantage of. Because if it was appreciated, even a small 10 pounds donation per month from the current 166 members of the forum would probably give Nicky a minimum amount per month to go by.
So by initiating this kind of ideas with advertising, I feel people are trying to avoid the main problem in themselves.
And also to avoid certain fears, that the site may disappear and will not last without any financial support, which ultimately could be the direct cause and effect of what people choose to do.

I also feel this is an overall attitude people have with anything free. Yes it may be of value to them, but they often do not think what it takes somebody to do that for them, yes its out of love, but also yes it did cost someone actual money and it does cost actual money to live.
So the feelings of lack and the lack of appreciation in people, should not be masked by some kind of side-ways.

I don't see any issues with somebody creating a dedicated website for this kind of advertising. So if people choose to visit that site, at-least they know what they are up to. I do not agree that it is loving to sneak advertising into something that it was not intended for and dilute information provided here.

----*----

By the way I am not suggesting that you Nicky need to listen to what I say, as it is your site and you can do what you want and I am not suggesting that you actauly are wanting to put any advertising. I hope I am clear enough in my comments.

I probably have missed some important bits, but would love to hear what you guys also feel on this subject?

thanks

Lena

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:21 am

Hey Lena

Thanks for bringing this up in the meeting room.

I do agree with your reasoning behind why this would not be a loving implementation on the site and forum. I agree with your points however I personally would not include this part of your response in any feedback:
So if the forum & Nicky can not be sustained with bare minimum living and forum expenses by doing what Nicky has decided to do, it is an indication that the gift is not appreciated and been taken advantage of. Because if it was appreciated, even a small 10 pounds donation per month from the current 166 members of the forum would probably give Nicky a minimum amount per month to go by.
While I feel what you have said is accurate in terms of the appreciation of gifts offered here and if they truly felt it as a gift, they may want to donate should their personal financial situation be healthy enough to donate AND the truth is that £10 per month from every forum member would be more than enough to cover my own personal living expenses and any current forum costs. But I feel stating the above is kind of projecting to people that they "should" donate and also donate a specific amount (£10) and I reckon stating the above would almost play on somebody's guilt in order to try and elicit a donation from them.

The truth is, nobody has to donate and If I am not receiving enough donations, it is as much as a LoA for myself and my own resistances to receiving donations from people and in general my own injuries with money, which I definitely have!

I could be totally off though with this response as Jesus very recently said that I do have resistances to receiving donations from people and this could well be one of the resistances and injuries highlighted right here in my response to you, so I don't know!

Cheers
Nicky

Lena
Community Member

Post by Lena » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:49 am

Hi Nicky,

I think you may be feeling my intentions behind the example I have given. I am sorry.
As I do have still some feelings unresolved, which became highlighted again from this exchange, about people being clueless but more so careless to want to know anything about how much work is going behind the scene of any service that is offered to them. And I am not just talking about DT services, I am just thinking how clueless we all are about anything that is made available to us, e.g. various Youtube material or blog material or valuable resources we can find on many websites for free...
And how much people in general just want to take, and if something is of value and for free, than the feeling is to take advantage of that for the personal benefit.

So one thing I have learnt from Jesus and Mary is that they do see that no matter how small donation or appreciation is from a person it is the intention that counts, so that even the smallest donations can add up to the substantial amount of funds to keep the service going. However the difference is when people give what they can and feel the appreciation in their hearts, or when people give to just get the guilt off their chest, or when people only take and are happy about it.

So lets say if the forum was not as busy, less people participating, then I understand the issue, but then again, you would have more free time on your hands to be able to do many more other things freely. However if the work that is required to do on the forum takes a lot of your time, than it is hard to assume that you can do a whole lot of other stuff on the side, even if it was a paid work.

But non the less, my only main point was about this entire topic that if the reason to look at the advertising is to avoid the LOA event of the forum becoming non sustainable resource wise, time and money, than reaching out for advertising is a wrong place to look for solution in this situation.

x

Mary
DT Teacher

Post by Mary » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:26 am

Guys,

I have to agree with Lena's original post to Nicky in its entirety.

Nicky, your aversion to Lena being specific about money amounts comes from fears in you.

If people feel guilt in response to a loving and truthful statement made with motivation to educate others then it is those people who have an injury in love creating their guilty response.

Of course, this is different to statements made with the direct intention to cause people to feel guilty. However Lena's statements were not made with that intention.

I'm very sorry for the brevity of my comment. I don't have a lot of time but thought this important to mention.

Love
Mary

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Hey Guys

I've given myself time to reflect on Lena's full message and Mary's comment and I feel I can understand the situation better now.

I do have a host of money injuries and resistances to receiving donations and feel I am beginning to understand where some of them have come from, particularly after a recent chat I had with my Dad.

This thread has been really great at helping me see this better and I now have a perfect opportunity to help me get into these feelings.

Thanks a ton Lena for raising this here, your feelings on the matter and sharing it publicly on the thread started by Chad. Thanks a ton Mary for offering feedback although your so busy, it means a lot. I can see how much care & love you have for both myself and Lena by bringing it up now and giving me a chance to see my error sooner whilst also validating Lena's initial feelings so my error doesn't confuse her. Brevity is good at times I reckon!

Apologies if my error confused you for a time Lena.

Love
Nicky

Lena
Community Member

Post by Lena » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:24 am

Thanks Mary,

I guess doubt is still my friend, as I have left out the example with amounts from my original public post, and then saw your post here and felt about it again then added my example in again.
And I am seeing just how much I am seeking approval from people before I go ahead and speak my mind :-/

I guess me and Igor have received lots of truth on the subject of money in general, as we have just so many issues about it, and we do find when ever you give a specific example with amount to highlight your point to us, it often made more sense. So this is why I thought I would pass on what you have fought us and what we have found to be true in the long run.

Nicky I wanted to say that I loved your and Perry's introduction to the new Youtube channel and found it very very inspiring for myself, so thank you so much guys for getting it out.
I also thought to mention that the bit in that video where you speak about donations, is the bit that I thought was pretty emotional for you specifically, not sure if you want to go back to it and check it out again, just to see what went on for you there.

When me and Igor did the public recoding about not being appreciated we were very challenged and it is very obvious on camera. When we have gone back to re-watch ourselves it has helped us to highlight just how terrified we felt whenever we spoke about receiving money or not being appreciated etc...

thanks guys again for the gift of support!
x
Lena