Nickname Guideline Update - 15/11/2015 (ANONYMITY) & Forum Moderators

Any site related updates, guides, changes and opportunities can be found here
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nicky
Site Admin

Nickname Guideline Update - 15/11/2015 (ANONYMITY) & Forum Moderators

Post by Nicky » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi everyone

This is an important announcement which will affect all of you in some way from this point onwards when using the forum.

Nickname Guideline Update (ANONYMITY)

As some of you may have seen, there has been an influx of new members to the forum, which is great and it is awesome meeting new people! However, I have noticed that quite a number of our new members have chosen a nickname as their forum username. This is completely fine as long as the anonymity terms are satisfied, but as the forum starts to receive more traffic and activity levels rise, I feel we all need a simple way that we can interact with one another more effectively going forward.

So, for those of you who are using a nickname, you MUST adhere to the following criteria in order to satisfy the anonymity terms to avoid receiving a RED STRIKE:

1) Create an introduction thread in the relevant section of the forum and sharing your name (first name is fine) and a little about yourself...a summary of your life to the present day and sharing a bit about your Divine Truth experience would be great!
2) In addition to meeting criteria point number 1 above, you are required to edit your signature and entering the phrase
"My name is Nicky" (obviously substituting my name for your real name.

This can be done in your User Control Panel by selecting "User Control Panel" from the dropdown box under your name near the top right of the page and then selecting "Profile" from the tabs at the top of this panel. You can then see on the left hand side an option for "Edit signature" and here you can simply type the above phrase into the text box and press "Submit."

Here is a flow chart directory of how to get to this part of the forum if you know how to navigate around and know where things are:

User Control Panel > Profile > Edit signature

Doing this means that on every single post that you have already made or will make going forwards, your real name is shown directly under any post that you make on the forum. This is loving and of benefit towards every other forum member so that if they would like to specifically address you on a thread, they can address you by your real name quickly and easily rather than needing to go searching for your intro thread to find your name. It also doesn't really feel natural if you are wanting to speak with somebody directly about Truth but you are almost forced to address them via a nickname which is quite contradictory to the principles of Divine Truth that we are all learning about.

Of course, the optimum scenario and what is most harmonious with Love, Truth and Humility is that you are already registered to the forum using your real name (first name as a minimum) as the path to God is all about being as open and transparent as you can possibly be at all times. By opting for a nickname at registration, it makes it much harder for everyone else to personally relate to you regardless of whether you have introduced yourself on the forum and it is still showing a degree of facade and lack of sincerity on your part in not wanting to be fully known. It will also save you some time in not being bound by the anonymity terms and therefore not needing to create a signature.

In light of this update, for those already registered to the forum using a nickname, over the next TWO WEEK period, I will be accepting emails regarding a username change request to either your first name or full name for those who would like to do this. - nicky@divinetruthhub.com

If you would still prefer to keep your nickname, you will be required to adhere to the anonymity criteria above and add a signature in the next two weeks. Failure to do this will result in a RED STRIKE as I feel you would be engaging your will in an unloving manner towards the other forum members who are being open and transparent with you by sharing themselves but are not getting the same level of humility in return.

Forum Moderators

Upon consulting Jesus & Mary after reflecting on the way the forum is growing, I feel it is a wise decision to extend opportunities to a number of people whom myself (and Jesus & Mary) feel would be good candidates for the Global Moderator position. Over the coming weeks and months, I will be asking a few people if they would like to become a moderator here so be open to the possibility of seeing these guys in this position in the near future. They are easily identifiable as their name will be coloured in BLUE and it will state "Site Moderator" on all of their posts on the right hand side (under their photo if they have one uploaded). Additional forum tools will be offered to these guys such as the ability to lock, sticky, edit, delete, split, move threads/posts and also a separate place on the forum where they can liaise with myself and Jesus/Mary regarding the running of the forum and discussing any potential issues of love they may see etc that I have either not yet physically read or missed.

There are a number of key factors that I would like to make people aware of regarding the Site Moderators below:

1) The position being accepted by somebody who is approached by me is entirely at their own discretion (their will and desire to become a moderator).
2) Suitable candidates are identified by myself or via recommendation from either Jesus and/or Mary based on whether we feel that person has a fairly decent soul based knowledge of Divine Truth principles AND possesses a fair degree of personal humility and sincerity in looking at themselves and wanting to grow in their own personal development through the process.
3) Being a moderator has it's own responsibilities that does require some additional time being invested by that person in the forum
4) Because of this, they are actually gifting their own time and services to myself, the forum and all of you forum members and guests to help in maintaining the safe and loving environment that we have all enjoyed up until this point.

I hope that makes sense and I look forward to making these appointments in the near future!

I appreciate this is quite a lengthy post but I thank you for your time.

Nicky

Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable