Forum Private Messaging Guidelines

Any site related updates, guides, changes and opportunities can be found here
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nicky
Site Admin

Forum Private Messaging Guidelines

Post by Nicky » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi everyone

It occurred to me that there may be a grey area behind the appropriate use of the forum private messaging system therefore I felt it necessary to share with you a couple of important things to consider when engaging in this function of the site (for those of you who have made 10+ posts).

The basic idea of private messaging here is to enable you all the opportunity to exchange personal contact details with one another (phone number or email address for example) if you have that desire AND/OR if you have a question of some sorts that you would first like to raise with me before going ahead with something here. Further to this, it can also be used as a way you can approach me privately with any concerns you have about potentially unloving behaviour that you feel is going on that I may not have seen or addressed at that point in time. If you are using the forum private messaging system in any way other then that which I have outlined above, there is a strong chance you are using this function of the site in an addictive fashion.

Once you choose to exchange contact details with another member here and begin to interact away from the forum (via email or phone etc), that is where forum rules will no longer apply and you are totally on your own in that regard. As I have stated before, once you chose to do this, you must take your own full responsibility for any subsequent stuff that may arise as a result.

The same strike system also applies to any potential unloving behaviour that may go on here via forum private messaging in conjunction with interactions that occur publicly. So for instance, if a member of the forum approaches me stating that they feel another forum member was being unloving towards them via private message, and it is deemed that they were, the same disciplinary action will be taken so to be as consistent as possible. Of course, if the forum private messaging system is used in the manner I have suggested above, the chance of this happening will be very slim.

Remember guys, Love, Truth and Humility would dictate that we are as open and transparent about things as much as we possibly can. By logging into the forum here and having private forum interactions/conversations with one another shows that you are kind of missing the main opportunity of what the forum has been designed and attempting to provide you with.

Anyway, hope the above clears a few things up for you. If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch with me. I'd like to thank Mary & Jesus for their input with this.

Thanks for your time.
Nicky

Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable