How much truth is good?

Nope, I'm awesome and perfect already thanks!
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benjamingp
Community Member

How much truth is good?

Post by Benjamingp » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:11 pm

Hi,

is it always better to speak the "divine truth" rather than "natural truth"?

I had an experience where i am not sure with how much truth a person can grow best.

I do private coaching for students in math and physics. There are many coaches in the institute, but a women which has problems in math as well as social ones, likes the lessons with me. I try not only give the focus on the subject but rather on the emotional stuff going on for the young people.
This women seems to have lot of unresolved emotional stuff and desperately wants to get better grades. So i told her what i felt from her, that there are emotions of insecurity and instability which blocks her in math. I felt to explain the influences which stop her from doing math i have to mention that there are some spirits which are malevolent and some which are benevolent. I did this and she reacted skeptically but interested. Later i decided to name them as "influencing forces" rather than real persons which she cannot see. I felt in this moment that she could understand it better from an emotional perspective when i call them "forces" rather than "people".

So, is the soul at different stages only open to a partial truth like in the example?
I felt it gives her more benefit if she can experience the "forces" first and make the link to real persons later rather than be skeptic from the first moment by "overtaxing" her mind.

Or is it my own fear from the possible reactions and ma addiction to be the helper which brings her relief?

From the stories of the spirit world i know that the full truth at one time would be an overkill for our soul and every spirit gets only as much information as he or she needs to deal with the present emotion. So the soul must grow piece by piece.

On the other hand the full truth has the most power and therefore it must be better to speak the full truth. I even felt higher spirits in the room when i named the influence as spirits. But it scared her and so i thought she may would block the whole truth due to her fear.
Would it be more loving to stay at the truth whatever her response would be?

I hope i made the point and maybe someone have or had a similar experience and would share it here.
cheers
Benjamin Gschösser

Courtney
Community Member

Re: How much truth is good?

Post by Courtney » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Hey Benjamin,

I thought to say first off, that I think you post great questions, but also that it feels many of them are very intellectually-based. You seem like a scientific kind of guy, which is probably a quality of your soul, but it also seems sometimes that you want to understand it all intellectually before exploring things emotionally and maybe before praying to God about the questions you have. When I've been in the place of wanting intellectual understanding before emotional experimentation, I typically I want to do that because of some fear--maybe fear of getting it wrong, etc.

I have not worked through all my fears about what others will react with if I say the full truth versus the partial truth, the watered-down truth, or the cushioned truth, so I'm not an expert in this area, but it feels to me that we always need to sincerely examine where we're afraid of reactions from others if we tell them the full truth, including the fear that the full truth will cause people to switch off, reject the whole thing and walk away, etc.

I have noticed in mediumship sessions where Jesus is speaking with a spirit about divine truth who is absolutely brand-new to all of it, he doesn't give them tons of info all at once, but observing him I can see a very deep clarity in the way he introduces info and the order that he does. He never has time to explain the entirety of divine truth in one session to a new person/spirit, but he knows what the most important things are to say with that time which will help them progress the most. He does not shy away from truths that are confronting and or concepts that are completely new to the person. I've also found it so powerful to see how because he shares the truth so succinctly and bluntly, he doesn't have to spend hours and hours explaining in order to be incredibly powerful--the truth cut through all the superfluous explanation and gets right to the heart of the issue. I have often been humbled when I watch these sessions and I've assumed a spirit he's talking to will definitely reject the full truth, only to be surprised that it opens their heart to an emotion they've been avoiding or to God's love. So I guess what I'm saying is, Jesus is a prime example of a person who knows how to discern what info and how much info to give a newbie, and in what order. But he has this clarity partly because he has no concern about others' reactions to the full truth and complete faith in the power of God's truth. And of course, he always gives the truth in alignment with love for the person and it is never pushy.

It feels like what you're doing (and what I do in some cases still too) is negotiating within yourself from an intellectual standpoint how much/what to share with someone based on what you think they'll be open to, but mostly it's just fear that's dictating everything. I know for me, it's sounds nicer to tell myself it's just because of my own fear (which may partly be true), but also I've realized it's actually very controlling and arrogant (not humble) to only share part of the truth or to water it down so I perceive it will be more digestible to them. It's basically saying about another person, "I've already decided that you can't handle the truth, I know your heart enough to know exactly how you're going to react, so I'm going to decide for you how much truth you're going to get." It robs a person of not only the gift of God's truth but it also robs them of the opportunity to make their own choices for themselves based on the truth--it essentially interferes with their free will. Lastly, it's also very arrogant in that it's basically saying that we know better than God--that God's undiluted truth is not the best thing for a person, and instead, we know better than God what is best for them.

This post is great for me to reflect on my similar fears and behaviors, so thanks for the prompt!

Courtney

Benjamingp
Community Member

Re: How much truth is good?

Post by Benjamingp » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:21 pm

Hi Courtney,

thanks for sharing this with me. I already felt a bit about it.

I have to add that i feel that i helped the lady (at least in this particular moment) by sharing the certain amount of truth with her. I mentioned the spirits explicitly and found that in order for her to understand the basic things (that there are some influence coming from outside etc.) i better left it at the level of "some influence". She seemed to be strengthened already with this fact. If she asks i will tell her all i know even if she would not appreciate it.

I noticed too that Jesus give the truth only in parts, he sometimes mentions that he had so many more information of "higher truth" to share but at this stage it doesn´t make much sense because we would not benefit from it. Also in the spirit world as he says people are only confronted with the truth concerning the actual present topic.
So on a soul-level i know that truth is always given in such amount that we can deal with it.

The most things you wrote, in particular the parts with the fear, the arrogance and the "watering down" are very true and i have surely yet to deal with much of them.

There are some thing i see slightly different to what you have wrote. For example you say that it is in disagreement with their free will when people are told the truth in a way where i think i know what is the best. While i agree in the case when someone telling the "truth" in such a way, where i consciously withhold truth because i think people cannot cope with it. But people, especially the mentioned lady can ask how it is meant. If i then purposefully say any untruth or say that i will not tell her any more because i think she is "not ready" then i am certainly harming both of us. But if i say i do not know exactly (if it is the case) or i tell what i know, i cannot see the restriction of the free will in this case.
Saying "robbing" the gift of gods truth from somebody implies that it is my obligation to tell the truth. It meant that the person would own the right for the truth to be given to them. But i believe it is my choice to do so. If i want to grow i probably would prefer to share it, but there are some cases where i would not share it.

But i think i am getting your point and your suggestion to look at my hooks and my unloving behaviors which i will do. You have seen many of my characteristics properly.

The conclusion for me up to this point ist that truth only can be given partially since time and words are always limited. We are able to feel what the best part is to share at a certain point in time. The real danger is when fear kicks in and "water down" the truth in order to be accepted by others. With fear in play we are unable to feel truth so what we share then is not truth but some addiction based beliefs which are really damaging us and others.
Express my love for others by sharing truth with them is still a gift and therefore has to be given voluntarily.
cheers
Benjamin Gschösser

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable