Loving our Soul, for real - a beginning

They're the one for me!
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eloisa
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Loving our Soul, for real - a beginning

Post by Eloisa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:13 am

I had the realisation recently that life without God’s Love, life with out Love is really nothing (I am still working through issues to actually receive God’s Love). There is no purpose, no point, no real need for existence, unless we desire to give and receive love, then there is a point to this existence.

I actually felt really sad about this as I have tried to convince myself there was a point and lived in addictions, brought heaps of stuff or eaten large quantities of food to try and fill the void and the bottomless pits of dark emotions, but it has never lasted, it makes me gain weight (I can gain weight without eating also - any time I am resisting my emotions) and it feels terrible pretty much in every way imaginable.

This realisation coincide with Jesus and Mary’s Partner Relationship FAQ series where they ask some excellent questions:

Do you really want to Love, as God Loves?

What does love do?

What does God’s Love Do?

1. I will ask from my own perspective:

• What would my love for myself motivate me to do for myself?
• What would my love for my partner motivate me to do for my partner?
• What do I feel my partner’s love for his or her self would motivate them to do for his or her self?
• What do I feel my partner’s love for me would motivate them to do for me?

2. My partner would ask from his or her own perspective:

• What would my love for myself motivate me to do for myself?
• What would my love for my partner motivate me to do for my partner?
• What do I feel my partner’s love for his or her self would motivate them to do for his or her self?
• What do I feel my partner’s love for me would motivate them to do for me?

link to YouTube Clips below:
https://www.youtube.com/user/divinetrut ... ationships

Pete (my husband) and I have been focusing on asking these questions when we ‘fight’ (passive aggressively) and in relation to when we take any action or inaction with each other or another person, we are not ‘down with it’ yet (don’t do it automatically), but even in the asking it opens up an opportunity for a different, more positive interaction, engagement and response. These questions also offer an invaluable resource to improve your intimate relationship and provide self reflection opportunities.

I am finding that the more I discover about God’s way of Loving, the more I get honest about the areas that I don’t want to love in and investigate why, the more I suspect that Love is seriously the only way. That is not a soul based certainty but the evidence is getting more and more indisputable and it is highlighting that it is me who is the problem and the cause of the issues in my life and in my moments of clarity I reckon Love has the power to heal it all.

I am feeling really excited and positive today about God and Love and possibilities!

Gladimeir15
Muted

Re: Loving our Soul, for real - a beginning

Post by Gladimeir15 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:59 am

God is indeed the ultimate source of love!!! ! His pure love to us incomparable. And it is so timely that we are experiencing and celebrating the Christmas season together with our love ones to share the grace and love that God has given us for the entire year. I can really see in you that God touches you in his miraculous way because He allows you feel his love and his presence in your life. It is so amazing that you have figured out your very purpose on earth...... and that is to share the love that God has bestowed to us.
It is considered a precious gift from up above the ability to come into realization that God is working in your life. Not all people acknowledges the importance of love to oneself and the love for others. There are times when we felt lost and forsaken, however, we are not actually lost.... every second that we spent our life, we are always guided by Him. We just need to be sensitive with his presence. Nor we are abandoned, God is always in our side to help us and protect us in every way. Always remember that God can hear us in our thoughts, word and can see our deeds. Though not good deeds can save us but it is our faith on him. So just have faith and trust in the Lord. God bless!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary
DT Teacher

Post by Mary » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:59 am

Hi Gladimeir15,

You are currently in breach of a number of the terms of use for this forum.

They are:
1. Posting content not in harmony with the teachings of Divine Truth
2. Posting anonymously or with a nickname

Full terms of use can be viewed here: http://www.divinetruthhub.com/wp-conten ... ument5.pdf

Unless you rectify your breach of these terms you will be banned from this forum.

Mary

Niky
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Niky » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:32 am

Eloisa,
I think I've had that feeling too since I was a "young adult" seeing life after high school, that life seemed pointless. I didn't think at the time that it was because it was God's Love that was missing. Nothing about life appealed to me. But feeling God's Love just once made everything all worth it, I suspect that was what I was feeling now that I've learned of Divine Truth. I don't remember much, I just remember thinking to myself that that moment was worth everything.

I happen to have a thought/feeling today that I do not love myself as much as I think I do. I think it's my hurt self that I do not love, the self I am ashamed? of. So then I thought if I don't love myself, that would probably block me from feeling love for my soul mate or partner. And maybe open me up to feeling something for others who are not my soul mate? via correlating injuries, I suppose.

Pierrejoseph
Community Member

Post by Pierrejoseph » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:00 am

Hi Nick,

you write :
I happen to have a thought/feeling today that I do not love myself as much as I think I do. I think it's my hurt self that I do not love, the self I am ashamed? of. So then I thought if I don't love myself, that would probably block me from feeling love for my soul mate or partner. And maybe open me up to feeling something for others who are not my soul mate? via correlating injuries, I suppose.
Just to add on this, as I am praying/self reflecting these days about the sin/addiction of judging, criticizing and self punishing myself (yes my hurt part of self, but originally my real self as well) which I learned very early, very ingrained in my soul by my parents I guess, so it feels that I actually VERY LITTLE LOVE MY SOUL/SELF, and that means I am actually quite blocked to anyone's love, not just my soulmate/partner, but I cant' receive love from anybody in this place, including God. In this place, I am just open to addictive feelings but can't handle/don't deserve real love.

Pierrejoseph
Community Member

Post by Pierrejoseph » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:04 am

Sorry Nicky, not Nick, spelt wrongly your name.