Emotions

The gateway to God's Truth & Love
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pam
Banned

Emotions

Post by Pam » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:27 am

Emotions is a tough topic to talk about because in some religions you are not allowed to express emotions because it is considered to be weakness and yet bottle up emotions can be a bad thing when these emotions blow up.

Like for example I have always turned the other check but in the pasted all these bottle up emotions from turning the other check eventually will blow up into a very powerful force that I can't even control.

So how does one work though there emotions? Is it kind of like emotional healing where you go to God in prayer with each painful memory and have God heal that painful memory?

Amanda Stracey
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Emotions

Post by Amanda Stracey » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:17 am

Hi Pam

I feel the question you have asked is huge and and that the subject of emotions causes a lot of misunderstandings for us all.

This looks like a good initial answer to your point on world religions and what understanding truth and feeling God is all about compared to what we think it's about

http://divinetruth.com/www/en/pdf/FAQ/G ... S05Q01.pdf

You might also find this useful

"Relationship with God
The primary focus of Divine Truth teachings describe how to form a personal relationship with God, since God is personally interested in all of His or Her Children. It teaches that it is possible to form this relationship directly with God, and the relationship does not require intermediaries, such as Jesus or priests. It is claimed that this relationship will become the source of all truth, love, happiness, and information about the universe and how it operates.

Relationship with God is achieved by engaging in three principles – firstly developing humility, then being open to praying for Divine (God’s) Truth, and most importantly praying for Divine (God’s) Love to enter our soul.[24] Humility is defined as a passionate and sincere longing and desire to experience all emotions, whether those emotions are painful or pleasurable.[26] Prayer for God’s Truth is defined as a passionate desire for universal and personal truth to be a part of ones life, and which causes a person to seek truth daily.[ref] Prayer for God’s Love is defined as a sincere emotional longing towards God for God’s Love.[ref] Prayer is not an intellectual process.[25]

The focus on humility derives from the teaching that human souls are emotional, and God’s Soul is emotional, and therefore a true relationship with God can be formed only through an emotional bond with God, and not a thought-based connection. [ref] There is a focus on the cathartic release of emotions in the teachings, since emotional “errors” inside of people, which are emotions that are not in harmony with love, block the flow of God’s Love into the human soul. Therefore these painful emotions need to be experienced in order for one to continue to receive God’s Love.

Alan John Miller teaches that a personal relationship with God can lead to a rapid development in love, through the reception of God’s Love, and that after the experience of all emotional errors, God’s Love can transform the human soul into a condition of at-onement with God, or being “Christed”. He teaches that this condition is possible for any person, and that it is the state that Jesus (whom he claims to be) attained in the first century. He also teaches that millions of people have reached this state in the spirit world after they died on earth.[27] Divine Truth teachings also focus on how to develop in love through an understanding of ethics and morality[28], and the respect of others’ free will.[29] He teaches that free will is a primary gift from God, and must be used responsibly, ethically and morally if a person desires to maintain a relationship with God.

This is taken from this page on Mary's blog

http://mary.divinetruth.com/what-is-divine-truth/

There is also a document on emotional clearing here which I hope will help explain what role emotions play in receiving God's Love:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/288406
Hope this helps for starters.

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 am

Pam wrote:So how does one work though there emotions? Is it kind of like emotional healing where you go to God in prayer with each painful memory and have God heal that painful memory?
You know how often kids have something they feel bad about, like at school they might have been teased for example and they hold how they feel in and wait until mummy or daddy comes to pick them up from school?

Let's say its a little girl and she runs to dad, arms out wide and he picks her up and holds her in his arms, she feels safe and loved and she just crys all the hurt she feels out that she felt she couldn't do before. That's exactly how it works with God.

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Alkhemst wrote:
Pam wrote: Let's say its a little girl and she runs to dad, arms out wide and he picks her up and holds her in his arms, she feels safe and loved and she just crys all the hurt she feels out that she felt she couldn't do before. That's exactly how it works with God.
Just to add though only difference is God would be waiting always ready to embrace us, not just at the end of the day. Well that's just what I feel for now.

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Oops I quoted myself wrongly. :?

Pam
Banned

Post by Pam » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:56 pm

Alkhemst wrote:
Alkhemst wrote:
Pam wrote: Let's say its a little girl and she runs to dad, arms out wide and he picks her up and holds her in his arms, she feels safe and loved and she just crys all the hurt she feels out that she felt she couldn't do before. That's exactly how it works with God.
Just to add though only difference is God would be waiting always ready to embrace us, not just at the end of the day. Well that's just what I feel for now.
Oh that is so sweet what you said. That is how I see God. He is always there to pick me up when I fall or when I am hurting. Thanks for writing this to me.

lindabest
Muted
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lindabest » Mon May 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Alqhemst,
I love that picture you present, while holding your baby girl. That's an unforgettable picture. Or the picture Jesus presented this year about the toddler, who is learning to walk. Faith: Seeing others walking, she pulls herself up, and totters, cries the pain away, gets up and does it again and again. I love both of these pictures. Our Loving daddy: you, holding your baby girl. That's the God I know. Linda

Amanda Stracey, Because of the many references you gave, I found the e-book of Relationship with God: Praying for Divine Love. Reading, I loved it so much, I wanted to get copies, and e-mailed 2 out. I found the e-mail library, but hated reading off computers, and was trying to figure how I could print. Then found the printed booklets. I just e-mailed Raj and asked for $100.00 worth. I want to read and distribute, spreading the good news around. Now maybe I'll be able to better do so. Giving the web site appeals to people who are not so predisposed to judge. I live in North Carolina, US and there's a lot of preconceived ideas of what Jesus should look like-- like coming out of the clouds on white horses, separating the wheat from the chaff. With booklets I want to talk to people first, prepare them a bit. The shock approach-- that Jesus is a person, just like us, with his soulmate (who Jesus wouldn't have, because it's not in the Bible} goes against the grain. But I also want to distribute to many religions and people groups here, that I've gotten to know. Thank's so much, Amanda