Is God active?

What have you learnt about our ever-loving parent? We'd love to know!
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benjamingp
Community Member

Is God active?

Post by Benjamingp » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:12 pm

Hi,

this is a intellectual question about the role of God.

God has made all of the laws in harmony with love and truth, and they are working perfectly, what does God then actively? I mean is it then necessary for God to do take any action to help us?

Lets consider an example: If a person has a desire to grow, the law of attraction would bring situations where the sins are exposed. If the desire is strong enough then the person would remove the sins after a while and become more loving. Where is God as an active part in the equation?
How can a personal relationship with God help me in the process? I know intellectually that god can remove the cause of the sin from myself.
Is it then God directly or is it the law of repentance and the law of forgiveness?

Is the difference between natural truth and divine truth the fact that in divine truth god is involved actively and in natural truth god isn´t?

Please help me understand. Thank you
cheers
Benjamin Gschösser

Perry
Community Member

Re: Is God active?

Post by Perry » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:51 am

Hi Ben, nice to meet you...

I liked your question and I have been thinking how best to respond. After a little thought this morning, I wondered if you would be up to take this opportunity to think about the answer for yourself ?! As I have the feeling that you know what the answer is... And so I thought it would be pretty cool as a learning experiment for you to think about the answer to your question and then post it back in this thread when you feel you know what the answer is. So if you are up this homework (smile), then I look forward to answer.

Thanks Ben

Perry

Benjamingp
Community Member

Post by Benjamingp » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi Perry,

it is a good idea to do it like homework.
In my heart i know the answer straight away. Surely God is actively involved in every of her child's growth. I know that because i have felt God and her love in some moments. How could it be otherwise?
I guess the question was more driven by curiosity rather than really not knowing the answer.
But i still do not know the answer on an intellectual basis. May be is it not possible at this stage to know the answer on a mind level.
cheers
Benjamin Gschösser

Perry
Community Member

Post by Perry » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:45 am

Ah, I'm pleased you replied. I had the feeling that that was the answer you would give me.

Your answer implies to me that even though you 'think' God is active in our lives, and you have a strong 'inkling' that God is working in our lives, you still yet do not 'KNOW THAT YOU KNOW, THAT YOU KNOW'... the answer is not concrete in your heart. (and concrete Truth is what we want right?)

You write:
In my heart i know the answer straight away. Surely God is actively involved in every of her child's growth
If you knew the answer in your heart, I don't think you would have used the word, 'Surely' in the second part of the sentence above. It still feels doubtful to me. (and if you knew the answer in your heart, I don't think you would have asked the question in the first place)

So my conclusion would be, you sense (soul perception) or you have received enough of Gods love to feel that it 'must be' true, but you haven't received 'enough' of Gods love to KNOW for certain that it is true. (which is fine of course, its a process)

I'd say Its just a case now of repeating and engaging the process more and more (experience the feelings you have already received) The more experiences with God you have, the more your Faith will grow, and your curiosity to know if God is active in our lives will be satisfied!

John explains beautifully the process I am trying to convey to you (particular No4.) here in one of the Padgett messages.
(Thank you John, this is AMAZING). Hope you find this helpful.

April 7th, 1916

Received by James Padgett

Washington D.C.

I am here, John.

I desire to write a little to night upon a subject that may prove to be of interest to you and others who may read my message. I will not write a very long message, but will say what I desire in short sentences, so that the truth that I intend to convey may be understood at a glance.
1.Well, when you are sure that you have discovered or have had revealed to you a truth, let it sink deep into your soul so that it will find such lodgment as will cause you to realize that this truth is a reality, and a thing that must not be forgotten or neglected in its application to your daily life on earth.
2.When you have found that the truth fits some peculiar condition of your mind's experience, adopt it as a criterion for determining what your course of action shall be.
3.When you have thus adopted it, let it always remain with you as a guide and monitor in determining what your belief as to the particular thing involved shall be.
4.When you have thus received this belief of the mind, encourage and feed upon it until it becomes a thing of established faith; and when faith has become a part of your very being, you will find that the accompaniments of such faith, in the way of longings and aspirations, will become things of real existences, which will result in actual knowledge.
5.When such knowledge becomes yours, then you have solved the problem of what is true and what is not. And when you have solved this, you will become a man who, when he utters his knowledge of truth, will speak as one having authority.

Such was the process by which Jesus became the possessor and authentic expositor of the great spiritual truths that had never before been known and declared by any man.

Of course, these various steps which lead to this great knowledge of truth, must be taken gradually and with increased confidence. In all this, the help and influence of the Father are necessary, and such help and influence comes only in response to sincere, soul aspiring prayer.

Prayer must arise from the soul of man, and the response must come from God. There is no other means by which this knowledge can be obtained. All knowledge of things spiritual, that men may think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied on, for there is only one source of such knowledge out of which the real spiritual truths of God emanate.

And love is the great principle that enters into all knowledge of things spiritual, and without love it is utterly impossible for man to rightfully conceive the truths of God and possess them.

I merely desired to give you this short lesson on truth and knowledge and love, so that in receiving and absorbing our messages of the great spiritual truths of the Father, you may realize the means of making them your own, in a manner to satisfy your soul perceptions.

I will came soon and write you a message on some of these vital truths. Think of what I have above written, and you will find that your soul perceptions will be opened up to a clear and wonderful comprehension of the real meaning of what we desire to reveal.

I will not write more to night.

Your brother in Christ,

John

Amanda Stracey
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Amanda Stracey » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:44 am

Hi Benjamin

When I remember to ask myself the question ... I like to ask the question ... What is the emotional blockage/reason/issue I have to accepting (fill the blanks) about God.

I don't know if I exactly understand your question enough to attempt any detailed answer but despite being an active church goer I also had/have feelings that in my own life God was not active or did not care or take an interest in me. I can in my own life see that my own parents had little real sincere interest in me ( they didn't want a child, dad left me at an early age and did not want to to see me again and a mum who used me for reassurance, security and at times a surrogate partner).

To conceive of a God who is active in my life, that is , wants to give to me personally and loves me unconditionally with all her heart (I can see logically In the world an intelligence at work, it's the personal connection that is a problem) and for me actually being prepared to drop the anger and bitterness towards God for what my parents did has been quite a challenge. This can be tested ....If I continue to believe this .... Do I have/can I ever have a longing for God etc...so I need to have a change of heart.

I did notice that you said in your introduction that your Dad died quite young and so thought relating my own struggles and feelings about accepting the truth about a personal, loving God who cares passionately about me and you might be helpful.

Best Wishes

Amanda

Amanda Stracey
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Amanda Stracey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:04 am

Benjamin

There is a discussion on your question in the interview called 20151202 Law of Compensation, Repentance, Forgiveness & Prayer Q&A

About why we can never fully compensate for the harm done to others but God's love can. Obviously there is a lot more involved in the discussion.