FIRST FEELING GODS LOVE AND THE NEXT FEW TIMES

The greatest gift and feeling in all the universe!
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bex
Community Member

FIRST FEELING GODS LOVE AND THE NEXT FEW TIMES

Post by Bex » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:43 am

Hi Guys

I just thought it may help people (as well as myself) if people felt like sharing the lead up to, and the first time they felt Gods love. Also other times they have felt Gods love.

I was just reflecting the other day that I haven't heard Mary or Jesus describe the first time they did. I remember Jesus saying its almost pointless to describe it as its indescribable but the reason I ask is because it helped me enormously by Nicky and Perry describing how they felt during their lead up to feeling Gods love and the bits they described of how they felt before and after (not necessarily during as I feel maybe thats personal and as Jesus says indescribable.)
I am very interested to hear from Mary when and if she has time whether she had felt Gods love in her earth life before coming across DT or after? Did you pray etc when you were in Lebanon? Did you long for Gods love before the teachings if you had a hint of memory from your spirit life or was it all blocked? Did you find it tricky to feel Gods love in the beginning?
When was it that Jesus in his earth life remembered or worked out that you can have a personal connection to God? How did you experiment to come up with that conclusion? After you felt his love for the first time did you feel it often after that? Are you connected to God most of the time now?

Hearing how some people connect to God in the car or at the beach etc has really helped inspire me with my experimentation.

My faith increased leaps and bounds after hearing how desperately Nicky wanted to feel Gods love before he did and I followed a similair route of shutting myself in my room etc just longing and longing which I hadn't had as much desire to do until I heard from him that it actually happened. I felt a trickle of Gods love a short time after that and yet still my faith is not 100 per cent which has surprised and saddened me - but I guess it takes recieving more of Gods love to know in every fibre of my being that God is there? Has anyone else found that their faith has increased after a few times of recieving Gods love rather than just once?

I realise my questions come from a lack of faith but I have also learnt that by asking these questions I get that wee bit closer to God.

Thank you all xxx

Courtney
Community Member

Re: FIRST FEELING GODS LOVE AND THE NEXT FEW TIMES

Post by Courtney » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Hey Becks, I love these questions and I really would be super excited to hear more from Mary and Jesus on it too. I also found Nicky and Perry's detailed descriptions of the experience really helpful and it's inspired me to take some more sincere steps towards God.

I don't know if I have received God's love, I tend to lean towards no because it sounds like there is no mistake whatsoever that it's God when it happens. What happens for me that sort of sounds similar to you, is when I pray sincerely, I almost always will start crying immediately, even when I was not feeling close to tears before that. Sometimes I can even cry for a long time during that longing. I often feel a little love, and so I have wondered if it's possible to receive like... little teeny bits from God? I feel pretty confident whatever I'm feeling isn't from spirits based on I feel like I can tell when I'm sincere, though I'd be open to being wrong about that.

So I have this emotion that comes out when I pray almost every time, but I often don't really even know what it's about, it just feels like sadness in various ways, so I've wondered if perhaps I'm releasing sadness and self-worth stuff that's preparing me for really receiving God's love? I'm not sure exactly what's happening, but it does feel like my faith in God is slowly building each time.

Sooo that's my rather minor experience but I also would love to know more about all of this.

Amanda Stracey
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Amanda Stracey » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi Bex

Personally I've gone from believing I knew stuff about God and was a spiritual person and not much wrong with me (it's other people who have the problem) to having a go at prayer (reluctantly) to realising I'm angry at God and don't believe in love and resistive to realising (with help) I'm not interested in Gods way or prayer much or convinced it will work and rebelling is a great option. Then realising (with help) that's not going to get me very far - to allowing a bit of that anger and feeling like I want to know God a bit more and wanting to know what's really blocking me being receptive.

From what you've said this might be helpful as it does address receiving Gods love in little pieces...

http://youtu.be/UkRTB60wSKk

LisaQ
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by LisaQ » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:04 am

Hi Bex,

This is a great question you have posed. I, too, was helped by hearing Nicky and Perry share their experiences of receiving God's Love, and it inspired me to use my will in an even stronger way to engage this process of prayer and asking for Love.

I think I've received bits of God's Love.

The first time I remember receiving God's Love was after I'd been listening to Jesus for about 1 or 2 months, and I'd heard him explain how you can engage the experiment to see if God is real. I had an excitement and curiosity in me, very much like a little child.
I sat down and quieted myself. Then, I got as sincere as I could. I uttered, aloud: "If there really is a God, and this God loves me, can I please receive some of this love?" And what happened was that I immediately began crying. I cried for about 5 or 10 minutes before I came out of the emotion (which I now feel was actually blocking the further experience of overwhelm and more love entering). But what that experience did was confirm that God was real and had love for me. Wow!

The next day, I was eager to repeat the experiment. I did the same thing, and again, started crying. There was this faith and joy that entered my heart in this discovery! And, yes, I feel my faith just keeps building with each new emotional experience I have with God.

Now, I find that some of the deep-rooted, very painful emotions are in the way of my receiving God's Love, so I am chipping away each day at feeling the error that is there. Each new painful emotion that I experience leaves me feeling lighter, more connected to myself and more connected with God.

As Courtney mentioned, it's hard for me to decipher if love is flowing into my soul when so much painful emotion is leaving. I just trust the process and know that either way, I'm clearing out baggage and making way for more Love and Truth to enter.

Also, I've found that actually going through the process of asking for God's Love (aloud in prayer) is very helpful, because it will reveal where I'm blocked if I don't immediately receive Love. The process of asking for the Love seems to be the act of engaging my will and desire for the Love, which helps me take the next step towards receiving some, even if that means exposing the next layer of error. Hope that makes sense!