God is love - so why does God not prevent rape?

The greatest gift and feeling in all the universe!
Peter
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

God is love - so why does God not prevent rape?

Post by Peter » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:39 am

Hi,

I was watching one of the YouTube videos (20131114 Texas USA 2013 - Mary - Q&A With Audience S6) where Mary told her story during Jesus's time about her difficult life which included been raped. Her story was so moving and painful I had to go for a long walk to blow off some steam - how could God allow this? Having had an unhappy childhood myself, I can relate to the feelings of powerlessness and shame that Mary had to endure.

I just can't imagine a loving God allowing souls to be born on earth knowing that they can be abused and if they are born on earth not protecting them from rape. Surely there are other ways to learn? Can a father on earth who protects his child from been raped, be more loving than God? - I don't think so. There must be another explanation. Maybe my belief that God is all powerful is false – maybe he only lives in the higher spiritual realms and has no power on earth.

I also can't understand why Mary's spiritual guides/guardians didn't protect her? What's the point of spiritual guides/guardians if they can't protect you from something as important as rape?

I would appreciate any comments on this issue to help me understand. I'm not the sensitive type so feel free to be direct and brutally honest with your comments and any ideas you may have on the topic.

Kind Regards
Peter

Brian Brill
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: God is love - so why does God not prevent rape?

Post by Brian Brill » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:38 am

You have chosen "rape" here, but you could have said the same things about murder, torture or violence of any type. If God did not allow rape, what else would God not allow? Would God not allow murder? Would God not allow a punch in the face? Would God not allow theft? Would God not allow disease or accidents or Adam Sandler movies? How would it ever be possible to draw a line between what God allows to happen and what God prevents? And even if it could be determined exactly when God would play referee in our lives, and do it in a way that isn't purely arbitrary, what would be the mechanism whereby this would work? Would an invisible wall be created between victim and perpetrator? Would God appear and say "nuh-uh"? Would God remove the thought of wrongdoing from the mind of the perp?

Can you see that Free Will would be effectively eliminated by such activities by God? Would you trade away your Free Will for immunity from the Free Will of others?

Rather than limiting our Free Will, God has put in place laws that inexorably bend us all towards Love, even if more slowly than we might consider desirable. These laws sometimes take a great deal of time exactly because they too must not inhibit our Free Will. Of course the more it becomes our will to embrace God's Love, the sooner we will find resolution to past errors and be able to avoid future errors. In other words, our Law of Attraction will change.

It is helpful to understand that there is no injury against us that can withstand the healing power of Love. When we achieve that Love, the temporal sufferings encountered on the way to that destination will dissipate into naught but a memory. Just like stubbing a toe can consume us for a moment then be forgotten later in the day, the things we now lament will eventually lose their hold on our attention.

Or here's another answer:

Sugar is sweet - so why does sugar not prevent bitterness?

You have to stir enough of it in first.

- B

maureen
Community Member

Post by maureen » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:20 am

Hi Peter,

I too have struggled with this question....and when I was at the assistance group in texas and a dinner conversation was going on about abortion and female children being conceived who where automatically killed at birth because of China's one child policy, a similar feeling rose up in me and I asked Jesus "Why does God allow children to be born into situations where they will certainly be harmed?" and he answered, "I could explain it to you, but it would not make sense to you at this point because of certain emotions still in your soul from the things you went through in your childhood. What would be better," he said, "is for you to ask God, why did he allow you be born into your family."

Since then, I ask God this question a lot....especially when I am connecting to grief about suffering I see in the world and when that leads me back into my childhood pain. This prayer...this plea....it is a place where I can meet God honestly and vulnerably. I feel like the way I was so abandoned, abused and terrorized as a child tore me apart from God somehow and I am still working my way back to trusting him. When I ask, "Why God, did you let me be born to those parents and suffer so much horror?"...a place...a space...opens up between me and God where grief and pain gets released and in a strange and seemingly indirect way....gradually, I find myself moving a bit more....each time to I go there...closer to a place of understanding similar to the one Brian describes...though I still feel far from certain that God is really loving....across the board. But, my faith is growing because I get glimpses now and feelings of the larger loving design that Brian refers to and Fred (from Through the Mists) and others speak of. It seems for sure that the more I release the grief born of that torment....and beseech God to help me understand his role in all of this....the more I can see and sense something much larger and more loving underway than I could imagine before.

It has been hard, from down here on earth, being subjected to so much cruelty when I was purely innocent, to reconcile this question for me too. Tonight I saw a picture in the news of two dogs recovering after being beaten with a sledge hammer and I was sobbing and asking that very question on the behalf of those pups...then I stumbled upon another clip of some beagles who were released after years of living in cages being experimented on...and seeing that story about them made me hopeful...it seemed like maybe all the animals who are hurt here, pass into a loving place and all is healed there...and it will be so cool if the world here is filled with more and more healing and love for all...so no one ever suffers on earth in the future.

Here is a clip where Jesus talks about this type of emotional injury with God Jesus on Why God Doesn't Just Wipe Out the Human Race

p.s. I was wondering Brian if you have always had a strong faith in a loving God?

Love,
Moti

Amanda Stracey
Community Member

Post by Amanda Stracey » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:48 am

Hi Peter

I don't have exact answers coming from a terrorised childhood myself but what I do love is attempting to feel or having a go at working out Gods truth on a subject such as this and contrasting it with my personal feelings so I know what to work on, I immediately felt from your example that the world doesn't have to be like this that a loving world is possible from God's perspective- he knows it can and will (?) happen (I'm definitely getting shaky there) but we all play a part in its creation. I feel that " dollop" of truth helps place the responsibility where it should be- with people and not with God and then that could help you get into the correct emotions at the anger/grief you might have at your own environment that you were born into as Moti has described. Blaming God is only a way of avoiding the real pains we have and our terror of facing up to our terror of acknowledging who really created that pain. ( that's been my experience) . What I mean by that is a little kid telling a parent they are being horrible and unkind - we all know it usually got worse if we did that so no wonder we want to blame God and not our parents or siblings or teachers.

Also the fact that you chose to raise the subject of rape of a young woman and have felt so emotional about it is going to mean there is a personal experience directly related to that sort of event in your life?

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:46 am

Hi Peter

The injury you have raised here is rife amongst the world today. I had the same feeling towards God too (not rape, murder etc, just why God would allow our parents to emotionally damage us like they have) and have received some clarity on the subject.

I was going through some of my own grief around 6 months ago regarding the oppression I received from my mum when I was a kid...I was feeling that my own will was taken from me at such a young age and I had no choice in the matter. This grief was just flowing out of me for some time whilst I was longing for God's Truth & Love throughout the whole experience, then they both came.

I instantly received a few truths:

1) It was my Mum's free-will choice to avoid her own pain and grief - it was a DELIBERATE (it felt to me as though there was much emphasis on this) act on her part to raise me in order to feed her addictions with men
2) God was with me the whole time and loved me throughout

Receiving these truths made me cry even more! :cry: :lol:

With you Peter, I feel you (and the women spirits with you) are angry at God (which you will later find the cause of your pain is with either or both of your parents). It is interesting that you chose the SIN of rape amongst all the other pretty unloving acts that people can engage in to help illustrate your post - this is to do with the women spirits around you who were raped whilst on earth and they now want to know why it seems that God wasn't there for them, why they're now in relative darkness and it's because they're holding onto their anger towards men rather than feeling those feelings you eluded to and not wanting to go through the forgiveness process - your a pretty mediumistic chap I think without being aware of it!

This injury stems from our own warped feelings on the gift of free-will and also our desire to avoid our own pain. Yes, God of course knew that when giving everyone the gift of free-will that there was a very high likelihood soul's would act in disharmony with Love as God knows it to be. It makes it even more beautiful and amazing when you go through just A FEW of your own painful feelings to realise that God was never to blame for anything, has just loved us unconditionally the whole time, had such incredible wisdom and foresight to see this potentiality AND created a whole universe and system to redeem us from this pain but only if we choose it.

Hope that helps buddy

Nicky

Peter
Newcomer

Post by Peter » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the great feedback and suggestions!

Best Regards
Peter

Amanda Stracey
Community Member

Post by Amanda Stracey » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:48 am

Hi again Peter

Mary listed this song in the Jukebox section. I feel it helps explain how all the stuff that goes on in the world plus more importantly what has personally scarred us prevents us from wanting to know God. We have all these feelings that God is actually a sadistic lunatic.

I feel it's really important to expose this because as Nicky says releasing these feelings will build faith in God's goodness or real character which can lead to the other perhaps more important or perhaps the scarring we are more reluctant to look at, our sin where we are damaging others and defying God.

http://youtu.be/hk41Gbjljfo

MikeCollier
Community Member

Post by MikeCollier » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:46 am

Awesome thread. I will be referring people to this.

Niky
Community Member

Post by Niky » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:41 am

Like Brian mentioned, it has to do with free will. And also cause and effect. We need to learn that our actions have an effect... on others, on ourselves, on our descendants. Learning about our free will is important - it is a gift. AJ gave an example of a knife: you can use it to cut food to eat or you can use it to harm another. The important thing is that we develop the desire to use our will in love, probably after we release our desire to use it unlovingly.
What is one's desire and what are the effects of that. We can be affected by others positively or negatively, and we can affect others either way. I think what the rapist does to its victim, the rapist does to its own soul worse, which may not be immediately apparent.

I also remember AJ saying that God will not fix the effects, because that won't stop the causal, and therefore won't stop the effects. God will help with the causal if the person is willing or desiring to to feel and release. An example is that we continue to feed the hungry, but we don't deal with what is causing the lack of food source. Another example is punishing the perpetrator, instead of confining them and going into what is causing them to act unlovingly. It starts at their young age. Perhaps learning about the cause could help us create programs to prevent these things beginning in youth, I don't know, just thinking of an example.

I suppose if every one was forced to be loving, then their loving acts would not come from free will or desire, and therefore would not have as much meaning.
Anyway, when I think about it, the pain, I don't fully understand it either. God could just confine them.

Niky
Community Member

Post by Niky » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:56 am

Oh, oops, I just watched the link Moti posted. Yes, that video explains it.
So some of what I said was redundant.