God is love - so why does God not prevent rape?

The greatest gift and feeling in all the universe!
Amanda Stracey
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: God is love - so why does God not prevent rape?

Post by Amanda Stracey » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:01 am

Thank you for that clip Moti it really is amazing and raises so many interesting issues and things to look at all through it. The point made at the beginning about the arrogance of feeling I don't need Gods love and that I have all the answers and I can manage fine without him thank you very much is relevant for me. I'm not going to get very far with that rebellious attitude.

Dan Wilson
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Dan Wilson » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:15 pm

I haven't posted on the forum other than my intro, but this just brought to mind the cartoon of God sitting on a bench with a man who is asking " why God do you allow all of the violence and pain on earth?" God replies " I was going to ask you the same thing.". It seemed flippant until I understood the subtext of free will and the unloving behavior that we all tolerate every day.

Eloisa
Community Member

Post by Eloisa » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:00 am

Below is a link to a Padgett Message Maureen posted where Jesus speaks beautifully about Free Will and God.
I felt it fit this thread really well!
http://www.forum.divinetruthhub.com/vi ... f=54&t=714

Cheers

Eloisa

lindabest
Muted

Post by lindabest » Sun May 08, 2016 9:53 pm

I really liked the jukebox song in Amanda's post. I feel it expressed a lot of people's feelings about God. People want proof that there's a God. To many "God's Word", the Bible, is substituted as God. Other religious books become God's expression of himself. This edifying of books, adds to the disbelief in God's existence by people who are more "realistic?" When I was more free-spirited, I told friends: "It's not God that's the problem. It's people."

Now, for me, it is Jesus and Mary's teachings that provide the truth proof about God's nature. "God is good!" Then many, many hours are given explaining why God is good. I searched and searched for Truth. Now we have Truth! Thank you so much, Jesus and Mary, for stepping way down from the High Heavens, to teach this starving world, and desiring to be God's Messengers to us. There is no way that I would have been able to grow in God's Truth, had it not been for your willingness. I love you so very much! I love God too, who always loves me much, much more. Linda