Denying Parental Blocks towards God

The greatest gift and feeling in all the universe!
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Niky
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Denying Parental Blocks towards God

Post by Niky » Wed May 04, 2016 8:12 pm

I just had a (at least intellectual) realization regarding this. I relate to the first question asked by Eloisa in the "How I Feel About Love Q&A" group 1. For a while, I could not understand how or see that I am projecting my parental emotions towards God.

It's because I have not even been intellectually associating the two, despite what AJ said, I could not make the connection.
My parents are my parents, and God is God (which I have yet to believe is my parent).
So then I believe that I am not projecting my parental feelings upon God.
While at a soul level, I am imposing parental emotions upon my soul parent, which I've yet to make the connection, is God.

So emotionally, what I feel about my parents, I will project upon any parental figures and that includes the True parental figure, which is God. In other words, the part of our soul that contains all of our emotions about God, are actually filled with all of our emotions about our earthly parents.

Is this correct? If so, I hope this clarifies for others who were confused as I was.

Amanda Stracey
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Denying Parental Blocks towards God

Post by Amanda Stracey » Thu May 05, 2016 7:52 am

Yes Niky I'm so glad you've mentioned this point as its so important. The points I took in from that exchange that relate to what you've said and your question are:

Our parents/parental/authority figures have damaged us.
God has not damaged us.
God is not like our parents.
God can be trusted.
God loves us.
We cannot process/feel any damage that God has done to us because Its not real.
The damage/pain we are carrying around can be attributed, felt and released but it must be attributed correctly to be the real thing and not fake emotion.

I've been imagining myself inside a house with strong walls and a roof with God outside. God is outside because I won't allow her in. The walls and roof are all the protections I have in place because I have had painful/bad experiences before and I think the walls are keeping me safe. One of the keys to pulling down the walls and removing the roof is that God is not like my mum, dad, brother, nan, grandad, uncle, aunts, teachers etc. Another key is that what happened to me can be attributed to people and not God.

That was some of my reflection anyway.

Thanks

Amanda

Amanda Stracey
Community Member

Post by Amanda Stracey » Thu May 05, 2016 9:03 am

Niky

This account from Courtney might help solidify or clarify any confusion you have still.

http://www.forum.divinetruthhub.com/vie ... 3&start=20

Amanda

Niky
Community Member

Post by Niky » Fri May 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Amanda, thanks for the illustration, it's sometimes hard to imagine concrete things when it comes to God.
And thanks for sharing the link. It was inspiring to read Courtney's story.

I did come to recognize and feel my resistance towards God the other day that I had not recognized before. I remember blaming God for not protecting me. I know now intellectually that it's about my parents. Then I proceeded to ask for Love, but then immediately felt my resistance combined with anger, like a child folding her arms, and turning the other way from God. That's where I am at now.

Sarahpetty
Newcomer

Post by Sarahpetty » Sat May 07, 2016 6:01 pm

I get it that I've projected onto God the experiences I had with my parents, that She/He is actually underneath that loving exterior as much of an emotional wreck as my Mom and as unapproachable and violent as my Dad. Still emoting that. And recently I've had a dream that reveals to me how angry I am that I have to even DO this emoting work, going back and parenting myself through the emotional error beliefs. Not yet feeling God as my parent in those moments. I've printed out the transcript "Emotional Blockages toward God" and am reading that.
I feel therefore I am.
I emote, therefore I become.
Sarah