Sleep addiction

Everybody's favourite topic
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike A.
Muted
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sleep addiction

Post by Mike A. » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:15 am

Hello Truthers,

I am curious about an addiction I have been dealing with. Does anyone know about the causal emotions around over sleeping? I find my self waking up at a normal time in the morning but something always keeps me in bed and I fall back alseep. My feeling now is that it is fear of facing the day and everything ill have to deal with.

Thanks,

Mike

CraigN
Banned
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sleep addiction

Post by CraigN » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:58 am

...or maybe you're just tired, bro.

julie_bennion
Community Member

Post by julie_bennion » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 am

Hello Mike,
I have those feelings some mornings, of not wanting to face the day, which in truth means not wanting to face myself, firstly, then, on top of that, everyone & everything else! As we keep hearing, it is wisest to go right into our true feelings, so I've been experimenting with some new (and improved) tools ~

A) Drinking lots of water as soon as I wake up, and again, every time I have to get up to pee, I pee :D .. then drink more water, each time.
B) Lying in bed with a stack of pillows under my knees, so that my calves are at a 90% angle, perpenicular to my thighs. You'll find more on this under "Eureka", where Anita has offered this suggestion as a way of getting in touch with body sensations & pains, which will lead us to our blocked emotions.
C) Breathing Fully, diagphramatically, which takes Consciousness, so... that means no trailing off to Lala Land!
D) Talking* to God, and Feeling about my desire to connect with my soul's creator... How strong is it?, What is in the way?, How do I feel about God?
(*I don't use words As Much as feelings, to communicate & to share my heart with God, so for me "talking" is not usually verbal in this context)

Getting closer & closer to the truths inside is no festival. And yet, I don't want to go back to the facade fest. Thankfully, at this juncture, I want to be a loving person, so I hope & pray that this desire continues to grow, Stronger than my wanting to hide my head, heart & soul, in the quicksand.

It feels pretty good to be making new choices by using these tools, first thing, every morning. Sometimes I get up at 3, drink & pee, and put my feet up. Other mornings I don't get up that early, but whenever I do (and even if I don't want to!), I feel drawn to engage this new practice. And that feels awesome ~ Some portion of my will is growing stronger, in the right direction!

I hope something here inspires & awakens ;) something within you!

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:50 am

Hi Julie,

I just want to mention that with the psoas practise it is probably best to lie on a hard surface, on a mat on the floor. A bed, unless it is not a very thin mattress on a hard surface, would not be sufficient. The bones in the pelvic area needs to rest on something that is unyielding for the psoas to be able to let go.

I sleep on a wooden floor with only a very thin support and it feels like my body trust the unyieldingness and relaxes more compared to a bed that is soft and can 'give way'. Probably an injury from childhood, I don't like beds very much. This is also a way to get into pains in the pelvic area. It took me a while to be able to sleep comfortable on the floor since it was so painful from the beginning.
I love sleeping on the floor and feel no need to have a bed.
Anita Tännström

julie_bennion
Community Member

Post by julie_bennion » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Anita ~
I responded to what you've said here, on the thread you started in the "Eureka" section. However, looking at your post again here, I am struck by these words ~ [quote][/quote]The bones in the pelvic area needs to rest on something that is unyielding for the psoas to be able to let go."

From what I gather, this is also what our souls need... to rest on something that is unyielding {namely God & God's Laws} ... to be able to let go.

Heartfelt Thanks for guiding me to this parallel truth today,
Julie

rizasukman
Community Member

Post by rizasukman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi Anita,

Hello again, since the "Relaxing into Myself" thread.

Can you speak more to your interest to sleeping on the floor? I am very interested.

When did you begin and why?

I have difficulty understanding the benefits of it but here in Indonesia I know that many people prefer to sleep on a thin mat on a hard surface, such as the floor, with a similarly flat and "hard" pillow.

One reason I can identify wanting to know more about it, is to want to equip myself to find beauty, joy, and comfort in less. To me it fascinates me to learn about and see how we can live happily with so much less than we often surround ourselves with.

It also seems that I have fears about lack/abundance, earth changes, and preparing for the potential of having nothing but still being able to be happy and be able to manage/survive.
Riza Sukman
riza.sukman@gmail.com
+32-2-770-9865
+32-485-686-282

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:52 am

Hi Riza,

Some years ago I started taking naps on a carpet on the floor just because it felt good. And just then I happened to
receive an article about the benefits of sleeping on a hard surface, so I set out to wean myself off of my futon mattress.

I want to be able to sleep anywhere, not being dependent upon a bed. I too enjoy being less dependent on
my surroundings, and would love to get rid of my mattress and only have my thin bedding on the floor. Great to just roll it up into
a roll and then voilá more floor space ;) but I want to offer guests somewhere to sleep too.

In the summer when it is hot it feels cool and nice on the floor.

And I do enjoy sleeping this way. When I visit friends I rather sleep on their floor than in a bed, Sleeping in beds feels smothering
to me now. But I still sleep on my futon sometimes in the winter when it is very cold.

Here is the link to the article http://www.beautifulonraw.com/sleeping- ... efits.html, the health benefits may be taken with a pinch of salt, since there isn't emotional release involved.
I noticed that my breathing improved, easier to take deep breaths, my posture improved to some degree as well.
I still have hip problems - holding on to my emotions :oops:

Cheers,
Anita Tännström