Addiction Cafe

Everybody's favourite topic
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Niky
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Addiction Cafe

Post by Niky » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:29 am

I started drinking coffee just a few years ago, but I only drink about 4 - 8? oz a day. I make a vegan version from fresh ground, add maple syrup and almond milk. I like the taste, and I guess it's somewhat comforting in the morning. It's also a fun social drink.

But honestly and embarrassingly, the main reason I drink it is to empty out in the morning :oops: . (Or it could be just an excuse, sometimes I don't need the coffee). So, I'm not sure I'm addicted to the comforting effect. It maybe more that I want to avoid the feeling of feeling stuck, filled, bloated, puffed around the gut. Which is an addiction, isn't it. While I'm sure constipation, which is an ailment, must be the result of avoiding some sort of emotion... how constipated does one have to get before they feel triggered to the causal? :lol: :oops: I have not tried to find out.

I wonder what coffee does to the body / spirit body / soul. How does it contribute to avoiding emotion and what kind specifically?

Plan: be more physically active by jogging and going to the gym, that should help things move through the gut more easily. Then quit coffee.
I think I'm willing to quit the coffee, but not yet willing to allow myself to go more than 2 days without emptying.

Well I have gone 3 days without coffee before. I started to feel down, depressed, unmotivated, wanted to do nothing. Which I later realized it was withdrawal. Feelings must have been coming up.

Anita
Community Member

Re: Addiction Cafe

Post by Anita » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi Niky,

When you have coffe in the morning is it so that you will avoid these emotions you mention, down, depressed unmotivated? That is the way coffe works for me, - get me going and feeling happy and more 'loving'. :)
I haven't had coffe in a while, but went to a café today'. And I did not like it at all. I won't have it again. It gives me a bad taste in my mouth and a sour feeling in my body and I get speedy from it.

Every morning before breakfast I drink 2 litres of water and that makes my bowel to move, but mine is too easily moved. But it might help you, until you get to the underlying emotion. Mine is moving too much due to being overly tense and nervous especially when on the phone. Many conversations end up in the toilet ha ha.
Anita Tännström

Niky
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Niky » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi Anita,
maybe so, I think it's a dark doomy life is pointless feeling. So conversations go straight through you, haha. Maybe I'm holding onto them. Or onto something.

Hmm, I just remembered that in elementary school, I would make myself not go. Not understanding that poo comes from food and has to go somewhere. I thought if I stop myself, I won't ever need to poo again. Which may have contributed to the problem.

Alex M
Community Member

Post by Alex M » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Hey Nicky,

Your humility is very inspiring to me brother, I am currently working on the fact that I have none.

May I say that I feel you have hit the nail on the head when you said "maybe im trying to hold onto them". I have found that the only time I am constipated is when I have decided to not feel emotions but rather control them. It happens especially after a day of feeling emotional, then I wake up the next day and automatically seem to tell myself: "ok, that's enough of that....not going there today". Guaranteed no poo that day, just lots of bloating and gas :(

Niky
Community Member

Post by Niky » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:34 am

Hi AJ,
glad I can inspire you. I have no advice regarding humility at the moment.
Oh, that would be another topic anyway. I am sister, by the way. :)

Marky T
Muted

Post by Marky T » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:34 pm

I'm a coffee addict, but I've promised myself after my coffee runs out I'm going to actually drink all the different herbal teas I keep collecting and not actually drinking! The coffee draws me in more, but not spiritually. I guess I'm in for a big headache shortly, but if I can get through that I know the grass will be greener - better sleep for a start (rather than trying to feel awake for longer!) :-P

Alex M
Community Member

Post by Alex M » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Oh ooops ! Sorry about that Niky. :oops:

Interesting law of attraction event for me. Not wanting to see the fine print.....hmmmm.

Mianoel
Community Member

Post by Mianoel » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi there,

I don't know if every addiction covers different emotions for everyone, but in my case, I cry when I get off coffee. It seems like
when I have coffee, the whole world agrees with me (spirits), and so I feel I have space around me and a million possibilities lay open at my feet.
When I don't have my coffee, I feel nothing but attack, no space of my own, and everything is hopeless. I guess this is an addiction to approval and control. Now that I have understood this, I have more desire to address my coffee addiction.

I will be continuing to read your posts as this subject is a big deal for me :)

Cheers,

Mia Schmallenbach