issues of love, harming others by having fun.

Any Divine Truth related question relating to the teachings of Jesus & Mary
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benjamingp
Community Member

issues of love, harming others by having fun.

Post by Benjamingp » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:38 pm

I have a question which i´ve been carrying around a long time:

Is it loving to to accept a potential harm of the nature or the environment just in order to have some fun, or lets say advantages out of it?

So everybody would say no but lets illustrate a few examples where the point gets clearer:

1. Lets say i would like to see my girlfriend and could only get there by car. Is this valid from Gods perspective? Lets see what unloving things happens: -If it is summer, probably hundreds of insects are dying by crashing on the front glass on the car. -The fuel of the car is probably raped from the earth without looking at the long term consequences. -The streets has to be built which stones must be taken which destroys living rooms of animals….. …. This list could be very long. Let alone going by plane.

2. I like to do some sports like climbing and mountaineering. For the production of the ropes, he clothes and so on there are several things needed which harms the environment and probably also human beings.

3. AJ said in one video that he likes to go surfing. Theres the same with the surf board. (I took AJ as example because he may be the most loving human on earth currently and thus would probably be aware of unlovingness).

4. Every Computer chip is made out of several materials including a metal called Tantal, which is „produced“ by mines where the mineworker are often kids and childs who are harmed heavily.

How would i be if one would be at the at-onement condition?
Would such a person still use car and plane to travel?
Is the issue one of my own injury ? (For i know have the false belief from an early age on that i might not have a right to my existence. Also the feeling of guilt for things i didn´t do if one of my injuries.)

I´d like to hear or read some feedback on that, and how other people feel about that.
cheers
Benjamin Gschösser

Helmick
Banned
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: issues of love, harming others by having fun.

Post by Helmick » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:31 am

Benjamingp wrote:I have a question which i´ve been carrying around a long time:

Is it loving to to accept a potential harm of the nature or the environment just in order to have some fun, or lets say advantages out of it?

So everybody would say no but lets illustrate a few examples where the point gets clearer:

1. Lets say i would like to see my girlfriend and could only get there by car. Is this valid from Gods perspective? Lets see what unloving things happens: -If it is summer, probably hundreds of insects are dying by crashing on the front glass on the car. -The fuel of the car is probably raped from the earth without looking at the long term consequences. -The streets has to be built which stones must be taken which destroys living rooms of animals….. …. This list could be very long. Let alone going by plane.
One way to solve this problem is to become Amish. The Amish is a religion that do not believe in owning or driving a vehicle. They live very old fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAgSCTdnrhk

Helmick
Banned
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Helmick » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:41 am

Here is another video about the Amish by Lena Miller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekWFV6QZOM0

I have to say that learning about the Amish is very interesting. But I would not like growing up Amish nor would I want to be Amish. I like driving my car, putting make up on and dancing to music. And wearing my T shirts and shorts in the summer time. On the more positive note the Amish would know how to survive if all the computers were shut down in the world. They are surviving every day without technology and the world would probably turn to them for help if all the computers in the world crashed.

I love learning about other religions and cultures.

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:56 am

Hi Benjamin, I'm familiar to that issue you have brought up and have felt a lot of the time that I should really not be doing anything, not eating either because I'm using the earths recourses. I have a few suggestions that has helped me be a bit clearer.

1. Insects are made without central nervous system so, unless we don't purposefully go around killing millions of them, it is not sinful if we happen to smash a few to death when we are moving about. I can see my unlovingness here though, when I do want to kill mosquiotes that bites me. :oops:

2. About sports, if we look at it from a perspective of addictions. If I'm doing things like meeting people or mountain climbing or whatever in addiction so that I don't have to face my underlying emotions, it would be sinful and unloving.

3. I don't know

4. If Jesus had not been using technology like computers and recording systems and if he and Mary had not been traveling by car or plane, there would not be much of Divine Truth spreading on the planet. So there is a lot of benefits that can come from using the current type of technology in a loving way.
Cheers
Anita
Anita Tännström

Amanda Stracey
Community Member

Post by Amanda Stracey » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi Benjamin

Apologies in advance if I have got this wrong and I'll give you a link to some resources I've been collecting on rebellion later on to help you discern for yourself but I get the feeling from your question that you might feel "fed up" with or have difficulty discerning what is loving and so want to be told what is and isn't loving. I'll try to express it a bit better - a feeling of being overwhelmed and hopeless about ever learning what is right or loving - there are so many rules and regulations how am I ever going to know what is the right thing to do!!!!!!

Personally I'm in rebellion in my life to avoid those feelings I think - the feeling that there are so many people's rules and demands to respond to that it's not worth even trying any more and in fact I don't want to do as I'm told.

Anyway if you feel any of this could apply to you here is a short playlist/collection of clips that explain a bit more about rebellion.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6VUFUc4B-r

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Helmick wrote:Here is another video about the Amish by Lena Miller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekWFV6QZOM0

I have to say that learning about the Amish is very interesting. But I would not like growing up Amish nor would I want to be Amish. I like driving my car, putting make up on and dancing to music. And wearing my T shirts and shorts in the summer time. On the more positive note the Amish would know how to survive if all the computers were shut down in the world. They are surviving every day without technology and the world would probably turn to them for help if all the computers in the world crashed.

I love learning about other religions and cultures.
Hi Helmick

The forum has been set up with the intention that people can discuss matters relating to Divine Truth specifically rather than all the other religious or spiritual ways of life. If you have taken the time to read the forum terms of use, you would have seen that this was the case. If you would like to read the terms of use, you can do so by following the below link:

http://www.divinetruthhub.com/wp-conten ... ument5.pdf

I believe Benjamin was asking those questions in reference to Divine Truth principles that Jesus & Mary teach and how Divine such principles can be related to providing more understanding on those questions.

You are free to have your own talks and discussions about other beliefs/ways of life elsewhere however I do not feel it is appropriate discussing them here as everyone else registered on the forum is here to learn more about the teachings of Divine Truth.

Jesus has recorded a whole series of videos and discussions where topics of discussion include different religious/spiritual paths and how they compare with the teachings of Divine Truth if you would be interested in viewing them. Here are just a number of such videos if you are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... GVjgFMv66V
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ygQnz0PvEk

Cheers
Nicky

Helmick
Banned

Post by Helmick » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:18 am

Thank you Nicky for input I do appreciate.

Benjamingp
Community Member

Post by Benjamingp » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:42 am

Thank you for the replies.

Anita,
1. Insects are made without central nervous system so, unless we don't purposefully go around killing millions of them, it is not sinful if we happen to smash a few to death when we are moving about. I can see my unlovingness here though, when I do want to kill mosquiotes that bites me. :oops:
Even tough i cannot imagine that it is not a sin to kill some of gods creatures, i think i got what you wanted to say. I wonder how it would be in the at-onement state.
About sports, if we look at it from a perspective of addictions. If I'm doing things like meeting people or mountain climbing or whatever in addiction so that I don't have to face my underlying emotions, it would be sinful and unloving.
I´m aware of the issue with addictions, i will raise this in a new post soon.
If Jesus had not been using technology like computers and recording systems and if he and Mary had not been traveling by car or plane, there would not be much of Divine Truth spreading on the planet. So there is a lot of benefits that can come from using the current type of technology in a loving way.
Yes probably there is a hierarchy of importance. In the case of AJ and Mary the point is clear. But how is it with personal passions and desires. I guess they are also very important and thus more in the upper regions of the hierarchy. That is why i raised point 3. in the original post.

Amanda,
...I get the feeling from your question that you might feel "fed up" with or have difficulty discerning what is loving...
Yes i´d like to have some kind of intuition what is "really" loving and what is not. I would not like to be in a state of harming others without knowing. As example, as a busdriver, there are many insects smashing on the front glass, especially when it is warm. Sometimes i see them fly and i send them an emotion of staying away in order to survive. I feel sad about that when beautiful insects are destroyed by me, even when accidentally.
I know, at the same time i feel angry about other drivers when not respecting me by cutting me of and so on. A lack of respect is one of my very issues. But with other humans, that is the law of attraction for them and for me, and i´m often can feel some feelings involved.

May be i´m kind of "overrate" the importance of insects, and the law of attraction is showing me my feeling of guilt, and that i only destroy things rather than contribute some "essential" things.

Finding out this was the intention of the question. Thanks for the link to the clips, i will watch them.
cheers
Benjamin Gschösser