Original Sin (What was the first error?)

Any Divine Truth related question relating to the teachings of Jesus & Mary
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ben
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Original Sin (What was the first error?)

Post by ben » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:58 pm

I understand that genesis tells us Eve caused the first sin, but that suits a male dominated view of the world at the time this story was created. However there was conceivably a first mistake of some kind. If genesis is not correct what is the first sin?

Ben
Ben

ben
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Original Sin (What was the first error?)

Post by ben » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:01 pm

Sorry I should have added... Since that first mistake males have dominated the fabric of human life, what occurred that resulted in this and not the other way around, ie. how come females are not dominating the fabric of human life?
Ben

victoria
Muted

Post by victoria » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi Ben,

here is a clip of Jesus talking about Adam and Eve (Amon and Aman)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DDyw1HEE_s

ben
Newcomer

Post by ben » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks for the link Victoria, really good explanation. I still don't know why though it worked out that it was males who became dominant over females and not the other way around. I wonder how different things would have been, maybe not too much just a reverse of roles...

Ben
Ben

Lena
Community Member

Post by Lena » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:10 am

Hi Ben,
it is a good hystorical question I recon. I hope Jesus and Mary share their opinion on this at some point in the future.

Some recollections come to me, not sure if this is from hearing Jesus at the seminar, that there were times when women were dominating, and have treated men badly, slave like.
Sadly, if we look at the modern times, now, it is obvious that women are starting to desire to dominate men again, due to generations of unreleased rage and feelings of injustice in women on Earth and in women who are now spirits and are still around Earth and who influence women and men on Earth to get their ways.
So it seems, that the perpetuation upon each gender has been cyclical over long periods of time.

It is also seen in how western world has treated other people, who we now call 3rd world countries. And how in return these people start to feel about people from the west.

Either way, who is dominant, to me it is a traumatic way of life and from an observation of what has happened in history, we can see this abuse normally leads to extreme consequences.

Not sure if what i said may spark anything else for you, and I do hope Jesus and Mary do share their opinions and God's opinions on the subject in more detail. I recon knowing the history of violence and understanding the Law of Cause and Effect and the Law of Compensation, Repentance and Forgiveness, on this issue, would be a great tool for many to connect to their emotions and feel about the imbalance in the world and how each of us contribute towards it with our personal false beliefs and actions we take.

Lena

Lena
Community Member

Post by Lena » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 am

ben wrote:I understand that genesis tells us Eve caused the first sin, but that suits a male dominated view of the world at the time this story was created. However there was conceivably a first mistake of some kind. If genesis is not correct what is the first sin?

Ben
Jesus spoke about it so well in the provided video.
You can also read messages about the first sin, directly from Amon and Aman about it in the following pages of Padgett Messages:
http://divinetruth.com/www/en/pdf/Peopl ... me%202.pdf
Page 82 onwards, if you view the book online. If you download the book to your computer it will be on page 96.

Its very interesting, as it also helps to reflect about how deep this feeling is now in us. And how much we live our lives in this feeling.

Lena

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:43 am

When it comes to self-reliance or our "original sin", I notice there's a lot of good material from the 12 step programs about it. Was trying to find a good example from the AA books online but it was hard to find. However I came across a good article that if we simple replace the mentioned physical addictions with our emotional addictions, its quite a powerful message. I like the acronym usage too of "ego", you'll see from this snippet of this blog article I stumbled across talking about self-reliance:
Powerlessness does not mean helplessness. When we say goodbye to self reliance, we are not saying to get rid of everything, that there is nothing that can be done. It is to let go of the “me trying to fix it” problem. Actually, by reducing self reliance, we are reducing ego. Ego is also what fuels the addiction. Ego stands for Edging God Out. Too much ego is a person who thinks too well of themselves and at the same time thinking too poorly of themselves. The addict doesn’t know it, but usually they think too much and they think too much about themselves.

Holding on to self reliance is like Superman trying to embrace kryptonite and expecting to feel strong. Superman is smart enough to not fight kryptonite directly or be near it. He admits powerlessness over kryptonite and he avoids it. He works around it. When we let go, we experience a new found source of strength we didn’t know existed. When we say we don’t know, we might start to gain wisdom. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. (Proverbs) This doesn’t mean we should be afraid of God in the phobic sense. It is to have a healthy fear or reverence that he is the Creator of the universe and over all mankind and that we acknowledge that he knows everything we need to combat the addiction and that we don’t.
Link to full article here if you're interested: https://addictioncounselor.wordpress.co ... -reliance/

Susette
Banned

Post by Susette » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:21 am

ben wrote:I understand that genesis tells us Eve caused the first sin, but that suits a male dominated view of the world at the time this story was created. However there was conceivably a first mistake of some kind. If genesis is not correct what is the first sin?

Ben
If you read the story from Genesis both Adam and Eve were right there when they both were tempted to eat the forbidden fruit. Both were guilty of disobeying God.

Is funny how we as humans like to blame someone else for our wrong doings. Adam blamed his wife and his wife blamed he snake. But in truth they were both responsible for their own actions not responsible for the others actions.

julie_bennion
Community Member

Post by julie_bennion » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:35 am

I'm pretty sure I've heard AJ say men gradually came into dominance, after Amon & Aman chose self-reliance over God-reliance, simply based on their physical strength being greater than women's. I can imagine it being like, basically, men battled each other for territory, control & power while protecting 'their' women & children from harm. And from there, it seems like a natural progression/outgrowth for men to dominate 'their kin', since men became well-practiced in throwing their weight around. They/we are not going to be aggressive out in the fields, on the battlefield, in the lawyers office... and then make a total switch to being loving (at night & on Sundays) at home.

Years ago, exploring (in a word) feminism, I read & understood that women took over control at some point. I remember reading some books about Goddess-Whorshipping Cultures where, as Lena says, women held it over men. I've no idea how accurate those studies were, but I just went researching and found this interesting little piece

"A distinct pattern is discernible from the evidence that has been left by these early civilisations. Stretching from the ancient Indus Valley, right across the mountains of Anatolia, to the islands of the Mediterranean and as far as the topmost island of Orkney in Scotland, what emerges is a series of like-minded civilisations whose temples and graves bear witness to a lifestyle of peace and a veneration for mother nature. Their common belief in the continuous cycle of birth, death and regeneration is personified by their worship of a mother goddess in all her forms: snake, vulture, pregnant woman or moon. Excellence in craftwork, technical skill and exquisite art are some of their legacies, along with a spirit of natural equality. This was not to continue. During the second millennium BC, the last of these early civilisations fell. New power in the form of military might was sweeping across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Warriors had worked out how to prey off the profits of others, ushering in an age when human elitism, ruthlessness and terror had their true beginnings."
(found here): http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 07599.html

reed marcotte
Banned

Post by reed marcotte » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:22 pm

The world renown fable of original sin. A Hindi once told me that the story of Adam and Eve also exists in their writings as well. Hinduism is one of the oldest religions known to man, if I'm not mistaken. I've never heard it told from a Hinduistic perspective but I'd imagine it's much like that of the Bible. So in answer to the question, was it eating a forbidden fruit? Disobeying God? Sex? Many theories have been proposed over time. Jesus has described it as choosing self reliance over God reliance. In other discussions the argument of why then is Adam held responsible and not Eve or Eve responsible and not Adam? There is also murmurs of a woman named Lilith that was created before Eve.
As I personally try to reflect on this subject many millenniums later, it seems the only reasonable way to do so is generally. I mean, if we're taught, from God's perspective, that we are all one family, God's Family and God is our Mother and Father and that this is the reality, the first mistake that the first couple created made, in my opinion, would have been establishing a relationship that would have undermined this reality... Started a family they called their own. Wait... who begot who?
The error is very evident, I feel, as the Bible clearly spells out the emotional importance of who begot who and tracking the legacy. Abraham has been described as the Father of all religion. Idk maybe he did invent religion. When I look at my won relationships over time, reflect on other relationships I know and relate them to community within the realms of different cultures, it makes sense to me that the first couple's choice to truly see their children as their own and not God's children would be enough to create havoc. Perhaps this is where the male female qualm of domineering stems from. We all know plenty of relationships where either the man or the woman dominate. Imagine this on a global scale and it is easy to see how women did rule the world at some point and time. I feel it is a swaying effect right now in this day and age.