Love Rules the Universe

Which seminars, FAQ, DT clip videos had a big impact on you?
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
julie_bennion
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Love Rules the Universe

Post by julie_bennion » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Hello Everyone ~
Since the last assistance group was, in part, focused on realizing the extent of our fears & terrors, I found this particular session on The World's View of Love very helpful in regards to the necessity of confronting these emotions. Jesus says "we will never accept God's View, until we feel our terror." Here's the link to this discussion where the bulk of time is spent on the reality of how fear dictates; Why, and how to address it ~ https://youtu.be/v99MG8zzFsI

Also, I want to share that I started doing the abdominal breathing as Jesus recommends, every day. I find myself moving closer to, and sometimes right into, some of the terrors that I knew, in my head, were buried inside, but wasn't accessing until I started using my will to, gently, break down the barriers to feeling it. The feeling of wanting to stop breathing deeply, to get away from the sensation (e.g. it feels like there's a gaping hole in my solar plexus, or in my throat), this can be quite powerful; What helps me a lot is to pray, & to remind myself why I'm doing this ~ because I want to feel God in my life! Opening to God in those moments of feeling like it's too much &, I don't want to or, I'm hungry, & the multitude of distractions that can suddenly seem to be valid... this focusing on prayer is The Key to staying the course & moving forward. Of course, doing this also strengthens my resolve, & my faith, for the next time (which, eventually, will be All the time!)

With love,
Julie

julie_bennion
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Facing & Moving Through Fear & Terror

Post by julie_bennion » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:02 am

I recently came across two discussions that relate to fear & terror, so I thought I'd add them here. In this first one, Mary talks about her trial-and-error experience (I hope it's okay I'm calling it that :) ) with facing fear. In this session, Mary offers practical advice for being honest about how fear dominates our lives; How it causes harm to ourselves, & everyone; And how to loosen towards this visceral feeling & move through it. I especially appreciate Mary sharing that when it occurred to her that she was tightening/gripping around the fear, she realized that, instead, she needed to soften towards it. The session is titled The Parable of The Frog: https://youtu.be/e5RTVBaO7nU

This second discussion is a Q&A with Jesus where, primarily, participants share, & ask questions about how to face terror: https://youtu.be/HdjUBjFB96w
(Note: the first 23:40 minutes of this session is focused on self-responsibility in relation to debt & the unloving use of money)

These discussions re-ignite & further my desire & my faith, to move through what has otherwise been denied & resisted for a long time. I hope posting these here will help some of you too!

Julie