Music for grieving a baby/child/unborn baby

A particular song helped you? Let's hear it
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bex
Community Member

Music for grieving a baby/child/unborn baby

Post by Bex » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:36 pm

hey guys, this song was written after his wife had a miscarriage,
i love his honesty and thought it may help people process through some grief
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF41mmVC3D4

x

Lena
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music for grieving a baby/child/unborn baby

Post by Lena » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi Bex and everyone.

I found this song a little confusing, here are a couple of things that don't lie good with me:

This feels like an angry emotion but sang in a very calm "soothing" voice. I would have preferred to hear him more honest about it.
As that would have a much better potential to help parents (and him) to feel through it.

I also see that, as most parents on the planet who loose children to miscarriage, do not feel they have anything to do with it, that it was out of their control.
In this song he emotionally blames the child for living or needing to go.

I feel parents can get stuck for many years in these kinds of emotions without ever touching on the cause and therefor still carrying around grief.

I truly appreciated his connection to the child. And that he has connected that it was a child even before it was born.
I have friends who had many miscarriages and have never connected to them as their children.

Lena

Bex
Community Member

Re: Music for grieving a baby/child/unborn baby

Post by Bex » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:28 am

Hi Lena

its funny you brought this up as listening back now and also after doing a bit of opening up myself this is exactly true. I came across these guys years ago and have such fondness for their music as it was at their gig that I decided to try and make a living doing the same YET within that whole music scene there was a very big victim mode or blame culture that I am slowly realising as I am realising it within myself! As Im shifting the woe is me stuff (slowwwwwwwly!!) I can feel that more in this kind of music and as soon as i read your post I thought it was spot on.

x

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable