Rebellion

A particular song helped you? Let's hear it
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Amanda Stracey
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rebellion

Post by Amanda Stracey » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:45 am

I'm in the process of exploring my own rebellion and there is more explanation here:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=650

I've put together a list of a few songs that have come to me so far - first I'm feeling into the illusion that rebellion will create freedom for me and won't damage myself or anyone else or the possibility of a relationship with God. I've included some live versions of several songs as it's easier to connect to what the rebellion might be leading me into in the sleep state that I'm not doing in my "normal" life.

The link to them on youtube is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grga_uF ... gkXb9mZkV8

For anyone who can't access youtube the songs list so far is:

Chandelier - James Arthur MTV cover of Sia's song (Lyrics are very clear in this version)
Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
Habits (Hippy Sabotage Remix) - Tove Lo
Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd
High For This - The Weeknd
Going Underground - The Jam
A Town Called Malice - The Jam

Max
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rebellion

Post by Max » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:02 am

Hi Amanda

I wanted to thank you for introducing me to James Arthur, his cover of chandelier has been helping me connect more with what I still find appealing about rebelling. He seems to be coming from an authentic place of having experienced that downward spiral first hand, which really helps me connect. I much prefer it to the original, it's raw, intense and real, which is actually part of what I find attractive about rebellion. It's a shame you can't buy it as a song. Thanks again

Max