The Galilee Song

A particular song helped you? Let's hear it
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Alex M
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Galilee Song

Post by Alex M » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:44 am

My guides reminded me today of a song/hymn we used to sing at Catholic school. It just blew my mind! (or my soul)

It describes perfectly the journey of coming to God. It talks about God's love, emotions, needing to go through fears, etc.

I have often wanted to post it here. Unfortunately, I haven't found a version of the song which does it justice. It is a solemn, deeply emotional song that is often played in a style that is too upbeat and fun.

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy! :D

THE GALILEE SONG

Verse 1

Deep within my heart, I feel voices whispering to me.
Words that I can't understand, meanings I must clearly hear!
Calling me to follow close, lest I leave myself behind!
Calling me to walk into evening shadows one more time.

Chorus

So I leave my boats behind!
Leave them on familiar shores!
Set my heart upon the deep!
Follow you again my Lord!

Verse 2

In my memories I know, how you send familiar rains
Falling gently on my days, dancing patterns on my pain.
And I need to learn once more, in the fortress of my mind,
To believe in falling rains, as I travel deserts dry!

Chorus

Verse 3

As I gaze into the night, down the future of my years,
I'm not sure I want to walk past horizons that I know!
And I need to learn once more, like a stirring deep within,
Restless, till I live again, beyond the fears that close me in!

Chorus

End.
----------------------------------------------

I remember our music teacher getting angry at us for our lack of enthusiasm for singing at mass, but with this song, everyone just belted it out!
I guess it had an impact.

By the way, if you are looking for the perfect movie about Catholic school trials and tribulations, "Heaven Help Us", is perfect and helped to connect me to some abuse.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable