Seduced to believe you are better than you are

Share your personal spirit-related interactions and experiences
Anna S
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Seduced to believe you are better than you are

Post by Anna S » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:18 pm

I wrote the quoted text below to Jennifer under the topic Feedback & Suggestions/ "A place to discuss Mary's blog and this forum?"

I believe that I (also) have spirits attacking me with the opposite message, telling me that I am good, very good, that I understand, that I have come a far bit on my development, that I am special and so on. And that this communication helps me avoid feelings of not being special, not understand, feeling out of control and being puzzled, fear of making mistakes, being wrong and so on!
When I listen and believe the messages, this type of messages also makes me stagnant and also arrogant!
When I don't realize I am under spirit attack I just feel good and fine and when I do realize that I am, it feels like being seduced, a very unpleasant feeling, and I realize that I have lost contact with being authentic and genuine.
It really feels bad that I am open to spirits telling me that I am better than I am!! I do have more work to do on this

Marys feedback made me realize that this place is a better place for my sharing, as I were referring to her latest blog post about spirit influence, "Responding to Spirit Attack: A Letter".
Writing it here makes it also easier to respond to for you who are interested in spirit issues. I really would like to hear if anyone have experience of this kind of spirit influence and how you have dealt with that.

Love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Mary
DT Teacher

Re: Seduced to believe you are better than you are

Post by Mary » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:56 am

Hi Anna,

I just wanted to commend you on such an astute insight.

Many people are influenced by spirits in the way that you describe but most of them are very resistive to becoming aware of it.

As you point out, it causes a lot of stagnation in a person's progress. Giving up addictions like this with spirits (and people) that give us feelings that we perceive to be 'positive' (but are in fact very negative for our understanding of truth and practice of ethics) are some of the most difficult to let go of. Ironically giving up the spirit attachments and their messages about your 'wonderful condition', and coming to terms with where you are really at, can feel like a backwards step but it is actually you starting true progression and forwards movement.

I have noticed that many people who develop psychosis have severe feelings of not being special and being less than others that they want to avoid and they enter these kinds of addictions with spirits in order to do so. (I am not placing you in the category but I thought you might be interested to know).

Love
Mary

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:17 am

Hi Anna and Mary,

For me there's been fair bit of investment in "knowing" more than others in regards to "spirituality" in my life, and I suppose if someone like me has some mediumistic qualities, all spirits need to do is cue me into a bit of "knowledge" that appears new to me and this plays right into this addiction. I could go on believing that because I can access this "knowledge" this makes me smarter, more deserving, more developed, or more special than others etc. As you both point out its more a good indication of where Im stagnating rather than progressing. Im not psychotic but I've actually experienced doses of what that might feel like in the past.

Having read your recent post Mary, was a good reminder of how prayer is the best way to peel away all these addictions. If I consider the most knowledgable being, actually the most superior being is also the most humble and just wants a relationship with the real me, it kind of seems insane or psychotic even :) holding on to a false sense of being superior. I look forward to the day I can leave all that truly behind.

Thanks for the reminder and things to reflect on

David

Anna S
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Anna S » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:06 pm

Thank you a lot Mary!
I have for quite some time been aware of feeling creepy when people put me on a pedestal , but what really was an eye opener for me was the Personal Truth session with Angela during Assistance group II. I could recognize a lot in myself. It was a special valuable insight to realize that this is not a wound, but something my parents have taught me and that I have to let go of that false "truth" that I am special. I believe I have hold an arrogant position towards others a big part of my life :(
Yes, I do find it really interesting to hear what you have noticed about people who develop psychosis!

And thank you David for your sharing! Your comment made me smile . . .
If I consider the most knowledgeable being, actually the most superior being is also the most humble and just wants a relationship with the real me, it kind of seems insane or psychotic even :) holding on to a false sense of being superior.

. . . and at the same time feeling compassionate with us all - it is not easy to understand how to let go of our facades and errors without knowledge. I feel deeply, deeply beyond words grateful for the education in Love that Jesus, Mary and Cornelius provide us with!

Love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Sandra
Muted

Post by Sandra » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:03 am

I feel the same way, I know the spirits do this to me, and I only found out after I started learning about Divine Truth (over one year ago, and they have been with me for at least 13 years). I acknowledge the truth in my mind about my condition, and I try to be truthful about my dark intentions and emotions, but I still can't feel them. Sometimes I try really hard, and I've come close to feeling the real emotions coming from others which were very dark and unloving towards me, but then these spirits surround me again and tell me nice things, and the emotions go away. I know that I have been seduced to believe that I am better than I am, but I don't know how to get out of this place.
My name is Sandra

Max
Community Member

Post by Max » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:42 pm

This is a very relevant injury for me. Mary, your observations about the characteristics of those most vulnerable to this sort of codependent addiction with spirits leading to psychosis is spot on. From that pumped up place of feeling special and superior it's very easy to come crashing down to the opposite emotion and those same spirits see it as an opportunity to just kick you even harder while you're down.

I have found it so seductive and alluring to slip into that place of self importance and superiority because it's so effective in avoiding how broken and worthless I feel. My desire to feel real is slowly growing and I hope I'm getting to the point where even feeling a real emotion of being a worthless piece of crap is preferable to the bullshit emotion of being special and important.

Max

Cari M
Community Member

Post by Cari M » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Spiritinfluenced2

You mentioned in your post:"Sometimes I try really hard, and I've come close to feeling the real emotions coming from others which were very dark and unloving towards me"

Maybe instead of trying to feel into their unloving emotions specifically, you could consider your law of attraction about their treatment towards you and feel about why they are treating you in an unloving way. What emotion does their unloving behavior trigger in you and feel about that.

I say this to you and then also forget or don't acknowledge to do this for myself as well at times. If it truly takes a minimum of about 21 days for something to become a habit then maybe I will look at this and do my own challenge to make sure that I am paying attention to my own LOA. That sounds like a good idea any way. :)

Have a great day!

Cari
My name is Cari.

Elvira
Community Member

Post by Elvira » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:40 am

Hey Max,
for some while now I have focused on observing and feeling what is happening with spirits, those around me and with the people around me which of course is also my law of attraction. This has been more in response to spirit attacks which I have experienced (and the realization that it has happened a lot in my life without my attributing it to spirits) because otherwise I think I would still be working hard to zone out of feeling spirits at all. I am really just coming to grips with how much spirit interactions/influence/attack has played a role in my life. It accounts for so many things I observed and had no explanation for and when hearing Divine Truth wanted to understand only intellectually for a long time because I was/am so afraid. It's kind of an experiment for me to say specifically what I feel with spirits (and of course they are just my feelings and can be wrong).

I can relate to the feeling of panic that I felt with your post. It is a fine distinction to draw but I feel from our personal interactions that the spirits who are attacking you are not the same spirits who have been feeding your wanting to feel superior. While similar emotions might be involved in both lots of attraction it may be useful for you to begin to feel the difference, this may help you unravel your addiction to the spirits wanting to make you feel superior to avoid the spirits wanting to attack you. I have felt how strongly the spirits helping you wanting to feel superior wanted to maintain their co-dependent addiction with you.

All my best Elvira

Anna S
Community Member

Post by Anna S » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi Max
You write:
From that pumped up place of feeling special and superior it's very easy to come crashing down to the opposite emotion and those same spirits see it as an opportunity to just kick you even harder while you're down.
I can't recall experiencing the "crashing down to the opposite emotion" and "kick you even harder while you're down" as you describe. I believe that I, almost all my life, have been in an arrogant feeling of being superior and better than others. And holding on to that feeling has blocked me from feeling alive, being in relations, daring to be vulnerable, being close to others and more. It is sad.
I just want to share that for me it has not been a pendulous between those two emotions as you describe it has been to you (if I understand you correctly).

Working with this superior/arrogant feeling in me has led me to now and then "falling down" into a more humble place that, to begin with did not feel comfortable at all. Now I feel more at ease with this place. But this doesn't mean that the superior side does not kick in - it does, but I am more alert to it and can feel it. (Phew this was not easy to explain ;) )
I do feel, as Elvira writes, that it can be two groups of spirits attacking you, with different needs and agendas.

Your also write:
I hope I'm getting to the point where even feeling a real emotion of being a worthless piece of crap
It touched my heart. I very much want to write to you that it is not true that you are a worthless piece of crap. It is not God's truth about you. But it is a feeling to explore and feel.

With love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Anna S
Community Member

Post by Anna S » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:13 am

Hi Max (again)
Since sending my post to you I have been reflecting on what you wrote and what I wrote. What was it that touched my heart?
And yesterday afternoon I had a tantrum (!!!) when I felt not being as good as I want to be in aquarelle class. After that I found myself in that "worthless piece of crap" feeling you wrote about, accusing myself of being bad. Big surprise! I missed feeling my feelings of inadequacy and turn to anger instead!
I suddenly realized that this is a place I do have been in in my life - I have just not realized that I was - and spirits of course have had the possibility to attack me telling me I am worthless and not good enough!

When I read my post to you again I realize I was not writing from the empathic place I told myself, as I was avoiding recognizing that I too fall into that "worthless piece of crap" feeling. This is a new piece of information about myself, and I realize that the sentence. . .
I very much want to write to you that it is not true that you are a worthless piece of crap. It is not God's truth about you. But it is a feeling to explore and feel.
. . . was for me. I am sorry that I projected that onto you! I suspect I was condescending towards you as I came from denial and not empathetic and loving as I thought when I wrote it. I have more work to do to accept and feel that I can be condescending when I think I am loving!
Thank you very much for good food for my reflections.

With love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden