Poem - Bringing Truth to the world

Images, drawings, paintings, poetry or photographs
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Perry
Community Member

Poem - Bringing Truth to the world

Post by Perry » Sun May 08, 2016 9:51 am

I can't get enough of Kahil Gibran - I have his complete works. I'm sure most of us here have sometimes felt like 'The Eye', in terms of visioning Earth developed in Love. (and maybe we have also felt like the ear, hand and nose)

The Eye

Said the Eye one day, “I see beyond these valleys a mountain veiled with blue mist.
Is it not beautiful?”
The Ear listened, and after listening intently awhile, said, “But where is any mountain?
I do not hear it.”
Then the Hand spoke and said, “I am trying in vain to feel it or touch it, and I can find no mountain.”
And the Nose said, “There is no mountain, I cannot smell it.”
Then the Eye turned the other way, and they all began to talk together about the Eye’s strange delusion. And they said, “Something must be the matter with the Eye.”

~ by Kahlil Gibran
Excerpted from The Madman: His Parables and Poems

Angharad
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Poem - Bringing Truth to the world

Post by Angharad » Mon May 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Are you familiar with Hafiz, 14th century Persian poet? also very wonderful. My favourite is "The subject tonight is Love'. <3

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable