Paintings

Images, drawings, paintings, poetry or photographs
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Marina Smargiannakis
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Paintings

Post by Marina Smargiannakis » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:33 am

Thank you to those who have shared their own paintings here, they have inspired me to do so myself. I am often very afraid of the energies attached to this forum when sharing an honest part of myself, which is something I have been avoiding for a while, but am glad for the opportunity to do so. I am also selling my paintings publicly on the weekends as part of an event here in NYC, which is new and a big step for me, and last week, the influence was so negative that the tent moved in an unstable manner and two of my pieces were sliced right through! It was incredibly traumatic and I almost, right there, gave up wanting to continue with my art forever. It helped me to work through much more around feelings about my own worth, what is truly loving, and what standing in truth can do. In this event I was able to see how my family of origin's belief systems have been passed down to me, feeling that I cannot prosper as an artist. In the end, they are just beliefs, and I feel differently about this recently.

Thus, I still want to share and show this part of myself. Here are some drawings made from oil pastel and sharpie, and also Oil and acrylic paintings.

Thanks to Nicky for providing the space to do so.
Attachments
Stoic For Her Half.jpg
Stoic For Her Half.jpg (97.7 KiB) Viewed 7827 times
lucindas clarity.jpg
lucindas clarity.jpg (137.31 KiB) Viewed 7827 times
gods love.jpg
gods love.jpg (142.36 KiB) Viewed 7827 times

Marina Smargiannakis
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Paintings

Post by Marina Smargiannakis » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:36 am

Here are two others, I couldn't fit any further in previous post. Thanks!
Attachments
The Lonely Girl.jpg
The Lonely Girl.jpg (132.42 KiB) Viewed 7826 times
the infinite.jpg
the infinite.jpg (77.94 KiB) Viewed 7826 times

Vivi
Community Member

Re: Paintings

Post by Vivi » Thu May 19, 2016 9:41 am

I love the way you express your art Marina.
Keep on painting. ;)

Bravo! :)
Viviane