Assistance Group Money/Donation Dilemma

Stuck in your progression? - Ask for advice
Elise
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Assistance Group Money/Donation Dilemma

Post by Elise » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi everyone,

Nice to see that there are a few people on here who have also signed up for the second week of the second assistance group! I am very excited about going. At the same time though, I am also facing a dilemma, about the most loving course of action, and hope someone might be able to help me with.

I only signed up for the assistance group midway through February, because I want to grow and I feel like it's an opportunity not to be missed, especially because I am relatively close to Noosaville. However, I haven't donated anything (yet), because I don't have a lot of money. January last year, when backpacking through Australia, I made a few very bad decisions, of course all in addiction. As a result, I ended up spending (quite a sum of) money that wasn't mine to spend. I still have shame about this, which I haven't worked through yet. I am trying to pay this money back as quickly as possible, and only keep enough of my wages to pay for rent, bills, and food. As a consequence, I have very little money left over to spend on other things.

I have had guilt coming up about not having donated anything thus far, and the fact that it is very likely I will not be able to contribute much in a financial way.
Now what is the loving thing to do here? On the one hand, it feels a bit unloving towards others to rely on them in terms of paying for the venue and all that, and to AJ and Mary for seemingly not valuing their time. On the other hand, I really want to learn and grow, and benefit from this opportunity, to become more loving.

So, any thoughts?

julie_bennion
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Assistance Groups Thread Discussion

Post by julie_bennion » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi Elise,
Wow, I would certainly go if I were in your shoes since you have the desire & you live close by. You can always donate to Mary & Jesus, Lena, Igor & Cornelius, all of whom are involved in making these groups possible (and I imagine there are others who are helping out as well) whenever the funds become available to you. There may be other ways you can contribute as well, since you live near the venue... maybe there are tasks you could help out with before and/or after the group(s) happen? That just came to mind as I'm writing this. I hope that helps! And of course, you/we can always choose to continue to feel the emotions that come up as we go!

Julie

Miranda
Newcomer

Post by Miranda » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:04 am

Hi Elise, I think that sometimes we "choose" not to have money as it can be a conveniant excuse. When we can participate, we can't fail. When we can't take a risk, we can't fail. This is one way of "protecting" ourselves from having to face things that can become difficult. When we don't have an account we can't be accountable...
I think I heard in one of the videos that when you have a desire you should go for it, and deal with the problems and difficulties as they come up, pray about it and pray about receiving an answer as to why it happened, and money issues can be a really helpful clue in our progression...

Miranda

Miranda
Newcomer

Post by Miranda » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:05 am

Sorry, it should be when we CAN'T participate we can't fail.... Hehe, LOA... :)
Miranda wrote:Hi Elise, I think that sometimes we "choose" not to have money as it can be a conveniant excuse. When we can participate, we can't fail. When we can't take a risk, we can't fail. This is one way of "protecting" ourselves from having to face things that can become difficult. When we don't have an account we can't be accountable...
I think I heard in one of the videos that when you have a desire you should go for it, and deal with the problems and difficulties as they come up, pray about it and pray about receiving an answer as to why it happened, and money issues can be a really helpful clue in our progression...

Miranda

Elise
Newcomer

Post by Elise » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:20 am

Thank you both for taking the time to respond!

Julie, thanks for your suggestions - helping out might be a good idea indeed. And somehow I didn't really consider paying later, strange! I definitely feel fortunate that I ended up here in Australia, and that I have to opportunity to attend one of these groups.

Miranda, I completely agree with you that 'not having money' can be a very convenient excuse at times. It has been engrained in me that failing is not an option, so sometimes it is a lot easier to just avoid the issue! I have become so much more aware of this though, and definitely try to confront things a lot more. But maybe this is what's really going on for me? Hmm I don't know, I need to reflect a bit more upon this I think!

Elise

Grahamsutherland
Community Member

Post by Grahamsutherland » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Elise, A donation is not a donation if it is compulsory. However you have a law of attraction here that can help you grow in love for yourself. For a start perhaps consider your priorities. What are you actually spending your money on and why. e.g. If you are spending money on eating out etc, consider you may be avoiding feeling what would come up if you had to prepare all your own food (i.e. take responsibility for your own care and maintenance)
You could perhaps also consider if you have an emotion of wanting to be supported. (also about taking responsibility for your own care and maintenance)
p.s. Im also booked into the June group

Pierrejoseph
Community Member

Post by Pierrejoseph » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:41 am

Hi Elise,

I have personally be in a similar case that you are in respect to my financial resources available to attend the AG1 session Feb this year but also in 2014, and it is still the same for the next June AG2 and the other to come.

At the time I registered for the AG 2014 and 2016, I had not much work and almost no money to pay a rent or even to eat, let alone to pay for a trip to Australia and attend the AG's. So, I doubted and questioned the purity of my desire to attend, and my fear involved in my desire to attend, and I chose not to listen to my fears and engage and trust the process to follow my desire to attend and face what was coming to me as a result of my choice.

What I found is that the law of desire is perfectly in operation, and especially when I have a pure desire to attend and grow in love. So I praid a lot about my desire and to be financially able to attend, and I did everything as if I would attend. I praid and looked for job and income opportunities and attracted some, just enough to attend and everything ended up working out smoothly.

I praid a lot as well to be able to express my gratitude financially and otherwise to AJ and Mary about setting up the AG sessions. I was incredibly helped and it feels miraculous to me I could attend but it worked out.

And when I can't donate as much as I want for the AG at the time of the sessions as it has been the case, I still feel some pain and guilt about it. I have not felt through it. My desire has been then to donate as soon as I am able to whenever I am able to at any point in time when I feel to express my gratitude. I also express my gratitude in other ways, helping the DT teachings to get out there in French language although I am not satisfied with it and know I need to sort it out why I don't create more abundance for my life and to give more donations when I desire to.

So the 2 questions to clarify and work on :
- How pure is my desire to attend the AG and grow in love? (which addictions are involved?)
- How pure is my desire to express our gratitude in donating for the AG?

But definitely, if we create a lack of money in our life, there must be a unloving reason why we did create it, an it still needs to be addressed and released, immaterial of attending the AG or not.

Hope this helps and may inspire you to follow your desire,
Pierre

Niky
Community Member

Post by Niky » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi Elise,

My feelings are that some people donate more than others, some donate as a gift to others even though they don't plan on attending. So I had a feeling that if I had inflowing income and I am financially able to, I would donate more than my part to the American Assist group so that others would have the opportunity to attend, not really expecting much financial input from them, because I understand the struggle. To me, it is more about the desire to go, and the desire in Australia has obviously been strong, because 3 months worth have been paid for. It is an open door for you. So you didn't initially need to have money in order for your desire to come into reality.
My attending one in Australia this year could potentially put me into a little bit of debt in the future, which I kind of believe I will be able to pay off (so different story), but I value this opportunity enough to go anyway and plan to donate in the future. I do have other things in the way. For you, it's guilt getting in the way. Remember what AJ says about guilt? I don't at the moment, but there's something else it's cover over or avoiding, right?

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: Assistance Group Money/Donation Dilemma

Post by Nicky » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi guys

Just a note to say that the posts above my post here were initially located in the ASSISTANCE GROUP THREAD DISCUSSION sticky topic at the top of this forum category however I felt it appropriate to move this new area of discussion as it's own separate thread as it was veering away from the guidelines that I set out in my initial post on the thread itself and that it would also be great to have this as it's own topic.

Firstly I feel it is awesome that this discussion has come up on the forum as I myself have begun looking at my own emotional injuries revolving around money, so it has been a great exercise for myself to have a good "feel" and reflection about what I would do if I was in Elise's situation and I'd like to share what conclusions I have come to. I feel that I am only scratching the surface of my own money issues so please do not take what I say as what love & truth would dictate in this situation!

If I truly had a desire to attend and wanted to love everybody there, I reckon the best thing for me to do would be to work on my own injuries surrounding money (and the emotions that led me to spend way more money then I could afford to spend in the past) as a priority in the lead up to the event so that I could be in a place where I could donate as much as I could afford less the basic living requirements (food, water, rent, clothes if needed) and your regular debt repayments, because I would like to do that out of the love I have for the presenter's and other people in attendance. My donations would be a small token of my gratitude to the presenters and their time in preparing/delivering the event as well as towards the other people in attendance for contributing to making the whole thing possible.

I'd probably look at examining where in my life I spend money that isn't classed as a "necessity" to your basic living requirements and look at freeing up a bit more funds. In this process, you may actually uncover and expose a few addictions that you have in your life that you may not have realised before.

Julie, I feel what you have suggested to Elise is encouraging her to enter into a co-dependancy with the people involved in organising the event. It's a feeling of "well, if I do this for you, you can do that for me." This would be unloving as it takes Elise away from addressing her own money issues and her offering to assist is driven predominantly by an emotion of guilt which is not based on a true gift of love.

I agree with Graham's post, particularly the area he has brought up about taking personal responsibility as I feel this is the main issue of love present in this particular discussion. I personally have received feedback from Jesus & Mary about projecting onto Jesus the feeling that he "look after me" financially which is what I learnt through my relationship with my Dad to a degree. Jesus brought this issue to my attention and related the situation back to how God is constantly trying to teach us all to take full personal responsibility for our lives in ALL areas, so maybe something similar is going on with you Elise.

You may find that if you start addressing some of your money injuries, you will attract the funds to pay for your basic living requirements, continue with your debt repayments (which is very important and great that you have been doing) as well as having a bit of extra money to donate to the guys. I am not talking from personal experience here, however based on the principles of DT and my current understanding of God's Laws, this may likely occur.

Cheers
Nicky

maureen
Community Member

Re: Assistance Group Money/Donation Dilemma

Post by maureen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:12 am

Similar to Pierre, I started with no money but a strong desire to attend the Assistance Group in Texas a few years back. When I first heard about it, I had $7 but just “knew” in my soul that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity the second I heard about it.

It was pretty amazing for me to experience what transpired from there. Within hours, a woman I knew who I had been talking to about Divine Truth who I had recently stumbled upon after not seeing for years and who I thought might want to go too told me “I can't go, but I am going to donate $500 to you. I have money and I just feel like you HAVE to go. I have been given the same type of gift before when I did not have money to go spend time with a teacher I wanted to learn from that ending up changing my life. And this is something I want to do for you because you deserve it!”

Then as I shared that news with another friend a few minutes later, she said, “I'm going to donate $150 dollars...there is NO WAY you can miss this!” After I hung up with her, I had a thought from some loving guides that I could offer a 50% sale on my jewelry and have that same friend pick out $150 dollars worth of stuff for Christmas presents. She was thrilled because she got to help me engage a big desire and benefited from it too. Which I knew would feel better to her (and, therefore, to me too).

Within a week all my travel and accommodations were covered from other people coming forward to buy jewelry and beads due to that “holiday sale” that those loving spirits suggested to me to engage. And I shared with all of them about my excitement and the nature of my trip and about Divine Truth and Jesus and Mary. Normally I would have made no sales during that same time really as I was not even really focused on that little business any more.

As I boarded the train for the event I had an extra $80 which was barely enough for my travels but I thought to bring a little bundle of jewelry as gifts for Mary and Robin who put on the event and thought maybe I could sell some pieces if there was a store along the way or in that town, etc.

It turned out that Mary and Robin both ended up buying jewelry after they picked out their gifts and then other people there asked me to look too and I ended up selling $700 dollars worth of jewelry which was totally not something I was seeking to do. Which allowed me to contribute the donations while I was there that I wanted to be able to give to Jesus and Mary and Cornelius.

It was all amazing and inspiring and faith-producing and exhilarating.

It was really just completely following that desire and knowing that it would be many years (if ever) that I had a similar opportunity to actually meet Jesus and Mary in person let alone learn from them and meet other people on the path in person. That was the thing that grabbed hold of my soul and from there, as others have mentioned already, I just walked through the fears and “obstacles” that came up as I put one foot in front of the other. I was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I just HAD to take it!

It was an awesome experience because it was a pure desire to deepen my connection to these teachings and it did end up changing my life and allowed me to meet everyone and begin relationships with them which are growing. Not to mention the chance of receiving personal feedback...which is totally priceless....and such a rare rare gift.

So, I thought to share my little journey because it was really amazing to experience as someone who has felt really disenfranchised and unable to "manifest" anything like that before...to get a real taste of the strength of the support that is there for us (on earth and from spirits and from God) when it comes to strengthening our connection to this path if we take the actions and pray to know what is loving and following that guidance and appreciate the love of others too.

I still have a lot I am working through with money and issues of abundance, but that was the first time in my life I had a dream come true like that. And that makes me know I can do that with all my dreams and desires in time and I totally know now that there is amazing love and support waiting to be showered down on us if we take hold of our dreams like that.

Love,
Maureen