Parenting challenges.

Stuck in your progression? - Ask for advice
marionseath
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Parenting challenges.

Post by marionseath » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Addit - Abram, I also have been doing 5 minute body awareness sits 2 to 4 times a day since the August last year after the assistance group. These are to assist reducing the flight fight fright and over active mind whilst enabling a connection with my body, especially the abdominal area. They really help. Best wishes to you, your wife and two little ones, Marion

Abram
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Parenting challenges.

Post by Abram » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Arvana,

Your insights and perspectives have been helpful. It makes sense that blaming at first can be a segway to owning our anger and processing it with God. It seems so hard not to blame initially and therefore often I would resist feeling it. Great reminder to go with what I'm feeling and let it unfold especially with God's help.

Amanda,

Thanks for the links. I am finding peter's blog very helpful to read especially the personal stories. As I keep reflecting on my addictions as a parent and own them I feel yucky about demanding that my kids meet those addictions. I need to continue feeling this. Your comments and links help remind me of this.

Marion,

I'm glad you are finding benefit from this thread and other's suggestions. This is not only intended for my benefit. I hope others feel free to share and add to it as well. The body scan practice you are doing seems to be helpful in connecting emotionally, since we feel our feelings in our body and often we go about focused on the external reality instead of our internal one. Thanks again.