How to?

Stuck in your progression? - Ask for advice
Houston
Banned
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to?

Post by Houston » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:49 am

I'm looking for some help from those of you who have done emotional processing. How do you feel and release emotions? How can I explain that to someone? Is this working for anyone long-term?

Thanks.

Anneli
Muted

Re: How to?

Post by Anneli » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:53 am

Hi there,

I find it easiest to allow myself to become like a very small child again, or to watch how they behave with emotions and do the same thing. Even though there are different sources for our emotions to be aware of (core emotions, or first-timers as I think of them, and consequence emotions, or not-causal emotions), this way of doing it works fine for me. I love the simplicity in life, (even if it hides enormously complex truths), like "if you feel sad, just cry". Over-complicating basic things like this would often indicate a wish to not feel those emotions, I believe.

When we don't automatically just allow certain emotions in our soul to surface and be felt, we are suppressing them, often by getting into some kind of addictive behaviour, to avoid paying any attention to what we're suppressing. That's like what everybody on this planet is doing most of the time :)

I find the emotion ladder helpful, often drawn on the whiteboard by Yeshua and Miriam during their seminars:

Depression
Anger
Addiction
Fear
Grief

It all starts with some unloving experience, accompanied by a false belief about life, ourselves, or God etc. Experiencing the unloving action, and also believing in the false statement about life that goes with such an unloving act, will result in grief. If we don't express that grief, it's because we either can't or are afraid to. And if we don't express that fear, it's probably because we are actually feeling afraid of going there, so we start focusing on something else - creating one or more addictions to avoid feeling our fear. And if our addictions are disrupted by something or someone, we have a huge tendency to react with anger, or even rage about not "getting what we want". And if we don't feel like expressing and feeling that anger (like a very small child would, just allowing it to be felt and pass through them until it's no longer there), we tend to get depressed and "feel nothing" instead.

Sometimes it's not happening in this neat and orderly way at all, but it's a way to understand the logic in how we treat our emotions when not just feeling through them.

Hope this helps in some way, and that I didn't misrepresent what is taught about the Divine Truth by Miriam and Yeshua here - please, if someone who picks that up, and if you feel like it; point me to where I did that, if so. Thanks! :)

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Houston wrote:I'm looking for some help from those of you who have done emotional processing. How do you feel and release emotions? How can I explain that to someone? Is this working for anyone long-term?

Thanks.
For a long time I was trying to release emotions, kind of like forcing myself to cry and I started to realise I was just faking it.

When I was younger I used to go out in big surf, partly to face the fear, partly to impress my mates, and well a big part was riding those monster waves and the rush of it too. It would mean though that I'd often get wiped out or get a huge wave break right before me. When that happens you go down and just get tossed around so much that you've got no idea where's up. I don't know if you've experienced that but my immediate reaction was to swim against it, like force myself up, although you'd have no idea where up was and anyway you've got no power to match what's pushing you down anyway. The funny thing is I'd still fight it, I'd lose all my energy and I'd start trying to breathe but I'd just swallow water. An exercise in futility if ever there was one!

I don't remember where I heard it but I got some very sound advice once to know what to do - just go all floppy. In other words don't fight it, don't try to go anywhere, just experience it and let it take you and simply wait it out. I did this the next time I was in that situation, and it was scary but eventually when the wave had fully washed over, and the process was done, I just floated back to the top. The interesting thing is just letting go was the safest and easiest way to handle it.

I reckon emotions are like that, they come up like a wave and sometimes they're monster ones, often we hardly see them coming and they just break on us, we get tumbled around and lose control, it feels like we've lost all sense of direction and we don't know what to do. I've found for me the best is not try to release it, stop fighting things, and just experience where it takes me - whether or not I feel completely overwelmed and powerless to it... just go all floppy.

Sometimes I just go all floppy in the arms of what I perceive to be God, eventually like in the surf I just float up and feel at peace.

...Until the next wave :)

Houston
Banned
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Houston » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming this isn't in order?
Depression
Anger
Addiction
Fear
Grief

Wouldn't it be:

Anger, Fear, Addiction, Depression, Grief? or something more like that? As you noted, depression is something we feel when we numb out our emotions.

So how is this working for you? What does it look like in real life? How long have you been doing this?

- H

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:18 pm

I don't reckon the order is wrong. When something doesn't go your way, something you're afraid to lose and feel you need (addiction) you feel frustrated, you get angry. When that anger doesn't change it, you might keep getting angry but say it still doesnt work after continual outbursts, so you give up, you're over it, you're drained and that can turn into depression and a feeling of wanting to numb away all the underlying pain.

For me just trying to be honest with how I feel has helped me substantially.

Houston
Banned

Post by Houston » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:26 pm

That was confusing, as you changed the order/sequence in your reply. No, I don't believe we start out with addictions. That would be a very low view of God's creation for me. There is an addiction cycle though which you touched on.

- H

Anneli
Muted

Post by Anneli » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi Houston,

My mistake to not clarify better. The list is supposed to picture the steps of a ladder, starting from below, moving upwards. There is a hopefully clear explanation in the text right below the "ladder" where I try to make more of a logical "what comes after what".

Here's an FAQ session with Yeshua and Miriam about "processing emotions", in case that could be helpful:
https://youtu.be/zZ5D6Ls5tbg

Personally, I often notice that I feel frustration about something, which in turn often goes into pure anger, and shortly after, it "rains tears", I cry over something that I might or might not remember at the moment what it was about in the first place, when it first happened.

Hope this clear up what I was trying to explain!

Mario
Community Member

Re: How to process emotions

Post by Mario » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:21 pm

I like Houston approach...
If you feel whatever you feel in the ladder that Annelie explained just FEEL IT. And let yourself be tumbled by it.

I recon I have to be intellectual and understand where I am before I really get to feel.

I use to pray to God to help me feel it once I intellectually understand a probably cause of the original wound or when I understand the damage I cause other by acting addictively.

If I do not understand at all then I work first with my facade that hides and support my wrong behaviour.

Houston
Banned

Post by Houston » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Thanks for the link to the video!

Teresa French
Community Member

Post by Teresa French » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:00 pm

David,
Thank you for that reference to the wave - I totally got that and it feels really precious and perfect to me.
It helps having that sort of analogy.
Cheers
Teresa