What to do when emotional constipated?

Stuck in your progression? - Ask for advice
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Vivi
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What to do when emotional constipated?

Post by Vivi » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Hahaha a word I learned from my husband is being emotional constipated and it sucks just as if you were constipated with other things.

What do you guys do in this situation?
Viviane

LisaQ
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What to do when emotional constipated?

Post by LisaQ » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi Vivi,

When I experience 'emotional constipation', I know that it is because there is some next layer of emotion that I don't want to feel, or some truth that I don't want to know. I usually begin by uttering a sincere prayer for God/my guides to show me what it is that I am refusing to feel/acknowledge. I pray to be shown the very next layer.

This prayer in itself requires me to be very humble to my emotions. There have been times when I've uttered this prayer and I can feel that the truth is that I really DON'T want to be shown the next layer. So, as Jesus always says, I start there, with the blocking emotion of "I DON'T WANT to feel this next layer!" I stomp around the house, aiming fists at God, saying, "I don't want to feel this. This sucks. I can't feel this; I'm not strong enough...etc."

I find also that getting physical helps as I deal with this blocking layer; taking a walk, dancing to music, kicking & screaming on the bed about how much I DON'T want to know / feel the thing that is keeping me emotionally blocked. Or I feel about how I'd rather blame others/the world/etc. rather than owning my own block and moving forward with courage.

When there is a sincere desire to move forward emotionally and get 'unstuck' with our emotions, we always will. And the LoA is always showing us where we are stuck.

I've found the recent assistance groups very helpful in this regard. Jesus points out it is always up to us and the use of our will whether we progress or not. Also, he provides a thorough description of the 4 main ways we get stuck:

1. Lack of Faith
2. Fear of Emotion
3. Resistance to Truth
4. Fear of Action

Here's the first talk in the series, regarding 'Resistance to Faith':https://youtu.be/5CWXxaIpIcw?list=PL4VN ... unY2BZEOek

Hope this helps,
Lisa

Vivi
Community Member

Post by Vivi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:53 pm

Thank you Lisa
Viviane

David R
Site Moderator

Post by David R » Sun May 22, 2016 3:11 am

Hey Vivi :)

Thanks for the chuckle - I was 'Emotionally constipated' for around 30 years of my life which gives me a lot of compassion for your question.

May I recommend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6R83x_ ... 8_tDiaEGVB this video AJ made regarding the will and how to strengthen it. A strong will to see the sincere truth about what your emotional blocks are will genuinely aid you in 'un-constipating' yourself emotionally.

Lots of love to you and good luck on your journey!

David