The bible...huh ?!

Share your own methods, tips or handy tricks which have promoted growth
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Alex M
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The bible...huh ?!

Post by Alex M » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:32 pm

I know the bible is full of untruths and half truths, but there are also some gems in there that I have felt guided to which are quite beautiful.

I know many people are aware of Paul's beautiful description of love in Corinthians. I read this often and find it very moving. He also talks about the hardships he faced on the path, the attacks,etc, I think in Romans, which I could relate to.

Psalms also has some emotional connections to God which I have found very powerful. My fave is one that I have memorised and makes me emotional everytime I say it :

The lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He lays me down in green pastures and leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
as I walk through the valey of the shadow of death I will fear no evil,
for you are with me.

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: The bible...huh ?!

Post by Nicky » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:27 am

Hi Alex

I too have been guided to The Bible actually - particularly the Psalms. The Psalm you began to write in your post (Psalm 23) is my most favourite one.

I used to have a belief in me that if anything wasn't specifically Divine Truth related, it was not worth my time or consideration. However, I have begun to realise the error within me on this and as a result, I have been more easily guided to certain other material which has been of real benefit to me.

I have found that if I come across anything spiritual which is not specifically Divine Truth related (such as The Bible), I pray to God and ask my guide to help me feel the truth within the material - basically separating the "wheat from the chaff" as the saying goes in England (maybe in Australia and other places too?).

So yes, I too would recommend reading certain parts of The Bible to people as this may be a really beneficial and worthwhile experiment to take for anyone else.

Nicky

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable