The best things I have learned about prayer.

Share your own methods, tips or handy tricks which have promoted growth
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AlexCooke
Muted
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The best things I have learned about prayer.

Post by AlexCooke » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:28 am

This post is a list of wonderful things I have decided to do that have benefited me. This is my first post, I live in Brisbane Australia and went to my first divine truth seminar in 2008.

Pray for god to define him/herself to you. This gives you an internal concept of god.

Ask god to love you how god wants to. Have no concept of gods love in mind.

If you feel you cannot pray, and the reason that this is happening is emotional resistance towards god or gods love,
make your prayer small, ask for just a trickle of love and ask that the trickle hits the resistance and resolves it. This has worked for me on several occasions when I have felt totally stuck.

I find AJ and Mary's five part interview on humility confusing. They never suggest asking god to give you the gift of humility which is a substance that flows into you. This is 100% possible despite AJ explaining that developing humility is wholly up to you. (Doing this is however mentioned in a different interview, I think 'gods attributes and qualities')

If praying lying down things sometimes work better for me if I put my attention in my feet. This tends to counteract the effects of a spiritual pressure that pushes me into my head.

Pray regularly for god to teach you how to pray in gods way. Do not accept "a passionate longing for love or truth from god" as all you need to understand. Your prayer will need to evolve over time. I also feel that each individual soul has natural tendencies on the best ways for them to pray.

-Alex.

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: The best things I have learned about prayer.

Post by Nicky » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi Alex

Nicky here, nice to meet you.

From my personal experience, I have found humility to be quite literally an organ (or muscle) of the soul. I have found it not to be a substance as you mention, but a real quality within ourselves that we develop over time as we make the choice to experience our emotions no matter what they are. The more emotions we allow, the stronger and bigger the muscle grows within us.

I have realised that humility is 100% down to me to develop, however I have also found that if I fall into an emotion, I can ask God (prayer) in the same moment to help me "stay" there and for God to be with me whilst I feel the emotion and that helps. However, this is not what I would class as God gifting me the gift of humility, it is more God gifting me some of his courage and love to help me process through the emotion which makes the whole emotional experience even more intense but still feeling I can cope with it at the same time.

After reading your post here and the one you posted in the "Humility" section, there is a feeling of arrogance Alex. You are welcome to have your beliefs of course, but you may find time you spend on a forum focused on discussing the principles of Divine Truth as Jesus & Mary teach quite confronting in this regard. You are in breach of a number of sections of the terms of use document and as a result, I will be issuing you with a board warning.

Cheers
Nicky

TristanM
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by TristanM » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi Alex,
Humility, in the context that AJ uses the word, is the choice to allow every emotion a person has to pass through them as the emotions well up in that person. No resistance, no facade, no blame or demand, all real.
As such it would be something totally reliant on their use of your will and desire.

I can definitely see someone asking for humility and because that person exercised a desire to make such a choice, then would it would be easier to be more truly humble.
However if someone is asking for it from another source (even god) I would question that it is truly humility being asked for as AJ describes it, but some other definition instead.

Tris

TristanM
Newcomer

Post by TristanM » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:35 am

Hey Alex,
I just want to apologize. I've let my fear curtail my last response, trying to couch it in fluff instead of giving clear feedback, which would frankly be much better and loving to yourself and everyone reading.

What I tried to say, imperfectly, was this:
Humility, in the context that AJ uses the word, is the choice to allow every emotion a person has to pass through them as the emotions well up in that person. No resistance, no facade, no blame or demand, all real.
If you are sincere in your desire for humility, then it would be great if you asked yourself if you are doing or asking for the above.

If you are then you will probably realize that it is not something that God can "give" a person, without breaking one or two Laws (probably more that I don't personally know about) he created for very loving persons in the first place.

If you have not had an emotional realization of this yet then emotional logic (based on emotional laws of desire and attraction) would dictate that what you are asking for and receiving is not true Humility but something different.

My suggestion is experiment. Are you doing the above description, does the prayer to God for the above description of humility truly work?

Anyways, Good Luck.
I'll be putting some of my own effort into working through the fear that caused the last message.

Tris

TristanM
Newcomer

Post by TristanM » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:44 am

If you are then you will probably realize that it is not something that God can "give" a person, without breaking one or two Laws (probably more that I don't personally know about) he created for very loving persons in the first place.
I meant "very loving reasons".

The alternative is very misleading.

Matt Mondragon
Community Member

Post by Matt Mondragon » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:49 pm

Hey Alex,

You got some solid feedback here, thought I'd share my experience as well. Thanks Nicky and Tristan, brought up some things for me.

You said:
AlexCooke wrote:I find AJ and Mary's five part interview on humility confusing. They never suggest asking god to give you the gift of humility which is a substance that flows into you. This is 100% possible despite AJ explaining that developing humility is wholly up to you. (Doing this is however mentioned in a different interview, I think 'gods attributes and qualities')
I use to feel like humility was something I could receive from God but I’ve come to realize that it’s a choice I have to make every time I receive love or assistance from God. It’s a choice to remain in a state of just allowing every inkling of emotion to surface without judgment of pain. It’s in this place that I’ve received some amazing awakenings regarding the educational tools God has created to activate a more fulfilling experience from moment to moment.

Within humility, I’ve learned that I usually prefer very convenient—easy to feel—addictive feelings that block me from receiving more love from God. I’ve learned that there are types of pain I struggle to feel over an extended period of time. I’ve learned that my childhood pains come up more often than I thought. I’ve learned about the different ways I feel about others observing me in a state of experimenting with humility—the way I feel about others projecting their emotions of judgment at me while I attempt to determine what emotions are truthful and beneficial to my soul and it’s growth on this path. I’ve learned that it’s impossible for others to assist me when the truth about the pain inside me isn’t welcome in my heart. I’ve learned that I cannot truly love others when my heart isn’t open to feeling their pain and suffering. I’ve learned that I cannot forgive others or repent when my heart is unable to feel the emotions of those suffering around me. I’ve learned that experiencing this pain in my heart helps to relieve the suffering I experience from day to day—cultivating my faith in this experience. I've learned that my current state of humility can be refined and a greater state of humility has the greatest impact in relieving suffering, expanding truth and receiving love. I’ve learned that a greater state of humility can be used to discover more about God everyday. I’ve learned that the development of humility leads me into a truly unique lifestyle. I’ve learned that God is always accessible and willing to help me when I’m ready to be real and kick all the crap out of my life that prevents me from allowing my soul to be present, and loved.

None of this would have been possible had I not been open to experimenting with every inkling of emotion that arose as a result of receiving some love from God. If this is what you mean by a state of humility, I get what you’re saying, it is a good place to start if I want to develop a desire to start feeling some emotion, but I feel what Jesus and Mary are implying is that humility is a choice to remain in this emotional state without picking and choosing what emotions are worthy of your awareness.

So in my experience, the development of humility has been wholly up to me. I had to exercise my will to pray for God’s assistance and love in order to understand what it felt like to be in a state of truth. But most importantly, I had to choose to continue this process in order to experience and understand a greater state of something brand new to me—something I wasn’t completely sure about. And in this process I found what worked and what didn’t—and still am. God didn’t put me through it, God only introduced me to the state of my soul and helped me to see that I could shut it down or go forth on the narrow path. In other words, I can’t depend on God to sustain my state of humility, it’s a violation of free will—it’s completely up to me to find out what it’s all about.

I know you’re not asking any questions in your post or asking for feedback, but I want to express what’s in my soul for the sake of our brothers and sisters here—and for the sake of God’s truth. So when error arises in a place like this forum where others are having an emotional experience building within them, where faith in God's love is building, God’s truth is likely to hit this error from all angles if the people of this forum truly desire God’s love and truth. I feel really good about the future of this forum, that it will continue to operate in this way—and increase in its ability to confront error in the way that God does and God’s laws do. It makes me think about how Jesus explains that everything in God’s loving universe is designed to destroy error, big or small. It’s amazing to observe a group of people attempting to exercise their will in this same way! Not just with this post, but in this forum's entirety.

AlexCooke
Muted

Post by AlexCooke » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:48 am

Hey guys sorry for the long delay in replying.
I totally agree with you Nikki regarding what you said about the soul having a humility organ which grows with exercise, what I am suggesting here is that one of gods infinite array of gifts is a substance that directly upgrades your humility organ. If you have ever seen the humility organ of a soul you may agree that it is black. it is actually possible to receive so much humility from god that your humility organ becomes so dense that it becomes like a black hole. (I have not done this but have interacted with anges who have). There are actually multiple kinds of humility that come from god. humility towards pain is black, there is green which is humility towards your soul and in particular your soul mate. There is blue which is humility towards god, I think this is a beautiful gift.

So i guess Tristan my answer to you is I do not use that description which you gave when praying for humility, I ask for the gift that is a substance upgrades humility. I feel that calling this gift 'humility' is accurate.

Matt, I liked your post but don't feel like commenting on any specific part.

Thanks for the responses guys, please keep me informed regarding any arrogance you feel coming from me.

Another 'eureka' discovery I can add is this. Use your spirit hands to hold hands with a large group of angels and they can use their love to help you easily feel things. Anges are instantly ready to do this when you try, and would love to help.

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi

I am locking this thread.

I feel much of what Alex has shared in this thread is not in harmony with the teachings of Divine Truth and can be misleading/confusing to others' understanding - this is a breach of the terms of use.

Some cool things were shared with Alex in this thread however he has dismissed them in favour of his current addictions. He is entitled to make this choice and hold onto his own beliefs however this is another breach of the terms of use of the forum.

Also, I would like to add that I do not and cannot condone the recommendation he has made concerning spirits.

Angels/celestial spirits (spirits who are at one with God) do not enter into co-dependant relationships with us and won't manipulate certain injuries within us and break the law of free will. If a spirit or group of spirits do that, then I would question what condition the spirits are actually in compared to what we may think they are. A lot of spirits in dark condition will use Divine Truth terminology and masquerade as angels to gain a foothold in our lives for their personal gain.

Great care must be taken any time we choose to openly seek engagement with spirits due to the above, particularly if we want "help" to feel emotions. It is down to us and a quality of humility to take personal responsibility for all of our emotions.

Thanks
Nicky